You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Boss: Our attitude and commitment were good

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Boss: Our attitude and commitment were good

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:30 am

The 1-0 defeat in Basel was "not optimal" for the return in three weeks' time, Jupp Heynckes conceded. The boss lamented his side's failure to exploit their early chances: "We ought to have taken a 1-0 lead, so we could have sat back and let them come at us." Despite the dismay, the FCB camp remained in fighting mood. "The result gives us every chance in the second leg," declared club president Uli Hoeneß.

Reaction to Basel v Bayern:

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "It wasn't a great performance in the 0-0 draw with Freiburg, and today we've even managed to lose 1-0. We have to try and turn the corner as fast as possible."

Uli Hoeneß: "I didn't think it was a particularly good game, but the playing surface was very difficult for our technically skilled team. It suited Basel down to the ground, because they favour a long-ball game. In my opinion, 1-0 is a result which gives us every chance in the second leg."

Jupp Heynckes: "Overall, it was very evenly-matched, and the kind of game with 0-0 written all over it, although both teams did have very good chances to score. We ought to have taken a 1-0 lead, which would have allowed us to sit back and let them come at us a little. We were aware that Basel are a good team. They have lots of attacking potential, and they were well-organised in defence. For the goal, we weren't determined enough to close them down, and that shouldn't be happening. The mistake was made by the defence as a unit, not an individual player. All in all, our attitude and commitment were good. I'm convinced we'll soon be playing better and more successful football."

Manuel Neuer: "Naturally, we're gutted about the result. Everything went wrong for the goal. We didn't get at the man with the ball. Basel's victory wasn't undeserved. They had really good chances in the first half, although so did we. It's not gone according to plan, and we're stuck in a tricky situation. We have top-class individuals, but it's not going smoothly or easily at the moment."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Boss: Our attitude and commitment were good

Postby The Spyware » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Jupp Heynckes: ". All in all, our attitude and commitment were good. I'm convinced we'll soon be playing better and more successful football."

The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:02 am

lol
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAGHU » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Uli Hoeneß: "I didn't think it was a particularly good game, but the playing surface was very difficult for our technically skilled team. It suited Basel down to the ground, because they favour a long-ball game. In my opinion, 1-0 is a result which gives us every chance in the second leg."

=D> =D> =D>

FCBayernNews wrote:Jupp Heynckes: "Overall, it was very evenly-matched, and the kind of game with 0-0 written all over it, although both teams did have very good chances to score. We ought to have taken a 1-0 lead, which would have allowed us to sit back and let them come at us a little. We were aware that Basel are a good team. They have lots of attacking potential, and they were well-organised in defence. For the goal, we weren't determined enough to close them down, and that shouldn't be happening. The mistake was made by the defence as a unit, not an individual player. All in all, our attitude and commitment were good. I'm convinced we'll soon be playing better and more successful football."

[-X #-o ](*,)

FCBayernNews wrote:top-class individuals

And that's the problem right there.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:45 pm

I agree that our attitude was good - we did press hard and were fairly spirited in attack - but our tactics meant it was fuck all useful. What's the point of winning the ball back high up when one of four options happen: Ribery slows the game down to fail at a dribble, Gomez slows the game down due to having the first touch of a Rhinoceros on heat, Robben slows the game down because whenever he reaches the corner of the penalty area, he becomes a wimp and looks for a backpass and Kroos slows the game down because he is too slow to even receive the ball. The players do have the potential, but we are going downhill, and fast.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:04 pm

quaazi wrote:I agree that our attitude was good - we did press hard and were fairly spirited in attack - but our tactics meant it was **** all useful. What's the point of winning the ball back high up when one of four options happen: Ribery slows the game down to fail at a dribble, Gomez slows the game down due to having the first touch of a Rhinoceros on heat, Robben slows the game down because whenever he reaches the corner of the penalty area, he becomes a wimp and looks for a backpass and Kroos slows the game down because he is too slow to even receive the ball. The players do have the potential, but we are going downhill, and fast.

Well said, especially the Gomez-Rhino comparison (see, I can agree with you).

The way Bayern are playing right now, it's all a lot of nothing. I said it in another thread, they've lost their cohesiveness. Ribery should know where Lahm is at any given moment, Robben should attack from the flank and know Kroos is there in case he gets shut down. Gomez should do something, anything, to make himself open to a thru-ball. You know, basic sh*t.

It reminds me of the USA Olympic basketball team some years ago, lots of stars who had no idea how to play as a team. They assumed the were head and shoulders better than the rest and it bit them sqaure in the ass. The bizarre thing with Bayern is that played like a TEAM before the winter break and now they aren't and it's biting them in the ass. With each minute that passes in a match, when they haven't scored, individual players try to take on an entire defense, with obvious results. Panic begins to set in and the next thing you know it's the 86th minute in a CL match and your opponent just buried one in your net, game over.

Until they start playing total football again we can kiss this season's silverware Aufwiedersehen.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

nur4bayern wrote:Until they start playing total football again we can kiss this season's silverware Aufwiedersehen.

This.

It's the most important thing LVG left us. He didn't work out because he was too offensive, he forgot about the defense. Heynckes will not work out if he focuses too much on defense. We need balance in our team like we had a few months ago, and I think that total football helps a lot in keeping an organized defense even when attacking, and it also greatly increases our offensive power. We all know that we are much more deadly when our 3 AMs keep switching positions throughout the game.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News