You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern's goal-getting stopper

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Bayern's goal-getting stopper

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:15 pm

The statisticians failed to agree on Tuesday evening, one firm counting 118 touches of the ball by Daniel van Buyten, another giving the Belgian a tally of 107. But at the end of the day, the precise number of touches made by the Bayern defender away to Hoffenheim was irrelevant. What really mattered was a thrust of his thigh in stoppage time and his final touch of the night, which forced the ball over the line and sealed Munich's 2-1 victory.

On the long journey home - the team bus arrived at the Säbener Strasse just after three in the morning - the 32-year-old had plenty of time to relive his first goal of the campaign. The monitors on board the bus showed the highlights of Tuesday evening's matches "on a loop for the whole 300 kilometres," the player reported. "I watched my goal at least ten times," and that from every conceivable perspective.

"I'm delighted about earning the three points for the team," Van Buyten enthused. Interviewed for national TV after the final whistle, he was quick to mention his family. "I'm dedicating the goal to my father and my daughter," he said.

Family man Daniel

Van Buyten's father Francis suffered a stroke last year and is still recovering. "He's not in great shape at the moment, but I know he loves seeing me on TV," revealed Van Buyten, who credits his father as being "the foundation of my career" on his home page.

The son is also himself a father nowadays, as his daughter Lou-Ann was born in Munich six weeks ago. "I'm so pleased with my daughter," the new dad proudly explained, "she gives me an emotional boost and the power to play." With the backing of his youngest fan, Van Buyten has become arguably even more dangerous in front of goal than in the past.

Happy memories of Mainz

The Belgian international recorded a new personal best with six Bundesliga goals last term. Five were vital, either winning a match for Bayern or opening the scoring. In Hoffenheim, Van Buyten picked up smoothly where he left off last season.

The player also has only happy memories of the weekend visitors to Munich. On 14 August 2004, then in Hamburg colours, Daniel netted his first-ever Bundesliga goal against Mainz. He also scored for Bayern in last season's meeting with the surprise leaders, and would be only too pleased to repeat the feat on Saturday.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern's goal-getting stopper

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 am

Who cares, he has cost us a great deal and therefor he SUCKS. Replace him. STAT!
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News