You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern to contest inaugural Dubai Cup

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Bayern to contest inaugural Dubai Cup

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:40 pm

Bayern embark on their fourth Dubai training camp in as many years on 5 January 2007, but this season's 10-day winter stay in the Emirate includes an exciting new element. "We're delighted that we've found something we've been looking for over recent years," Karl-Heinz Rummenigge commented, accepting one of four invitations to contest the inaugural Dubai Cup.

On Thursday, the Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Football Championship, the official name of the tournament in honour of the head of government of the United Arab Emirates, was formerly introduced at the Allianz Arena in Munich. "I hope we'll see high-quality football," commented Nasser Bin Hassan Al-Shaikh, Managing Director of the National Bonds Corporation of Dubai and official host of the Dubai Cup.

<b>Lazio, Benfica and FC Santos</b>

Alongside Bayern, the other three participants are Lazio Rome, Benfica Lisbon and Brazil cracks FC Santos, featuring former Red Zé Roberto. "We wanted to feature clubs which are rich in tradition but have remained successful," Nasser Al-Shaikh explained. "We're delighted we've been able to attract four leading clubs from their respective leagues."

Each team will play two matches at the tournament, a semi-final and either the third place play-off or the final, on 8 and 10 January. "Let me make no secret of the fact that Bayern Munich want to win this tournament," Rummenigge declared, adding his appreciation of two aspects of the event, "two high quality and serious matches" on the one hand, and on the other hand "attractive price money."

<b>Bayern to play Benfica</b>

A total of US$ 2 million is at stake, allocated according to each club's final position. "It's a chance to combine mid-season preparation with a financial reward. Every Bundesliga club would want that," the Munich chairman commented. "I'm convinced the tournament will be a great success."

Bayern open their programme on 8 January at 5.45 pm CET against Benfica at the Al-Ahli stadium. The matches featuring the German champions will be broadcast on German subscription TV, with highlights available later on our premium channel FCB.tv.

<b>Dubai Cup match schedule</b>

8 January
2:45 pm CET: Lazio v Santos
5:45 pm CET: Bayern v Benfica

10 January
2:45 pm CET: Third place play-off
5:45 pm CET: Final
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern to contest inaugural Dubai Cup

Postby rtothettothed » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:56 am

I AM FROM DUBAI (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG LONG TIME TO MEET BAYERN AS THEY ARE MY ONLY TEAM .... THEY R THE REASON WHY I ACCEPT FOOTBALL AS MY RELIGION ...

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME "WHERE" EXACTLY THEY WILL BE PRACTICING DURING THEIR VISIT TO DUBAI?!??!?!

PLEASE HELP ME OUT AS I MISSED THEM THE LAST TIME THEY CAME TO DUBAI...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ... PLEASE HAVE A HEART AND HELP A FELLOW BAYERN FAN OUT!!!!

THANX!!!
rtothettothed
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:09 am

I tried to look around to see if I could find any information, but I haven't found any. I would suggest you contact Bayern Munich at http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/en/company/contact/. I am sure they will help you there.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby rtothettothed » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:11 am

the thing is that i already sent a message to the site but they still havent't replied .. so i guess i have no choice but to wait ... but thank you very much for your reply ... i really appriciate it ...

thanx once again.
rtothettothed
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:38 pm

Unfortunately, the official Bayern site does not list any Bayern fan clubs in Dubai. That would have been perfect as they would definitely know. Probably though you'll get more information closer to the date.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 pm

You are so lucky rtothettothed! I`m from Saudi Arabia but I don`t think that I can make it to Dubai.. Oh I feel for you and it`s my dream to meet Bayern. hopefully, it`ll happen one day :idea:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby rtothettothed » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:58 am

Well, Miss Dangerous ... i'll be quite honest ... the first time that Bayern came here (3 yrs back) ... i had the privilage to meet them ... I took pics, autographed pics, signed jerseys, got to see all the old Bayern players, Otmar Hitzfeld, and so on ... but after that year I was unable to meet them ... and that has been building up inside ... and I am determined to do what ever is necessary to get a glimpse of them one more time ...

And I'm sure u'll get your chance tom meet them... don't worry ... and to tell you 1 more thing ... i think you r the first woman that I have ever met who is a football fan ... and you're actually the 1st PERSON i've met who is a BAyern fan ...

thanx for your reply
rtothettothed
Hey, I'm new here!

Return to Official FC Bayern News