You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern’s Champions League jersey made from recycled plastic

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Bayern’s Champions League jersey made from recycled plastic

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:20 am

FC Bayern München and its partner adidas have today released the new Champions League jersey for the 2018/19 season. A dynamic, wavy pattern runs down the steel-grey jersey, with the iconic white side stripes and contrasting dark collar rounding off the design.

The shirt made of recycled plastic is the result of a partnership between adidas and the ‘Parley for the Oceans’ initiative, an alliance of visionaries, thinkers and leaders with the aim of raising awareness of the state of our oceans and launching projects to protect and preserve the world’s seas. adidas, a joint founder of Parley for the Oceans, supports the organisation in its educational and communications work as well as with its ‘Ocean Plastic Program’. In addition, adidas works with Parley to develop methods of making high-quality yarns and fibres from plastic waste.

The launch of the jersey is another signal of FC Bayern München’s growing commitment to sustainability and environmental protection. “I think everyone in our society has become aware of the need to protect our planet,” said Mats Hummels, Bayern’s environment ambassador. “By 2050, the weight of plastic in the oceans could weigh more than the entire fish stock if we don’t manage to dispose of plastic better and ultimately reuse it. The Parley kit is an example to the world of sport. adidas has tackled the important issue of ecology here in a responsible and creative way.”

The shirt is available now from the FC Bayern online store at fcbayern.com/shop, in all FC Bayern fan shops and from the adidas online store at adidas.de/fussball.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern’s Champions League jersey made from recycled plas

Postby Achilles » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:42 am

In other words, we admit that we're garbage ? :P
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am

It certainly looks the part
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:20 am

Look, I'm all for green stuff etc, but not for the Champions League. Chances are, the players will feel uncomfortable, or the shirt won't soak up the sweat well enough, which will likely affect performance, negatively. The normal material is chosen after intensive studies to find the very best material... but we'll be playing with plastic.

Hope nobody chokes to death celebrating a goal with their shirt on their head.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:36 am

MUTU wrote:Look, I'm all for green stuff etc, but not for the Champions League. Chances are, the players will feel uncomfortable, or the shirt won't soak up the sweat well enough, which will likely affect performance, negatively. The normal material is chosen after intensive studies to find the very best material... but we'll be playing with plastic.

Hope nobody chokes to death celebrating a goal with their shirt on their head.

Come on MUTU, you know we rarely use the third kit. :P It's a stunt.

I like the shirt and the fact it's made out of recyclable material. I would consider buying it just to show support to the cause but at this point I like all our kits so much that I'm either going to have to make a choice or end up with three.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:42 am

We have a tile which looks exactly the same... as ugly as hell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Erm... All jerseys are made from plastic... We will not even wear it three times... And whoever still thinks about the CL is just a hopeless delusional...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News