You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern fall 2-0 to Barca in Audi Cup final

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Bayern fall 2-0 to Barca in Audi Cup final

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Bayern were beaten in their final warm-up match of the 2011/12 pre-season period, as Champions League holders Barcelona won Wednesday evening's AUDI Cup 2011 final 2-0 courtesy of goals either side of half-time from Thiago Alcantara. Bayern won the inaugural running of the trophy two years ago but finish second this time round, with SC Internacional de Porto Alegre claiming third spot from AC Milan on penalties earlier in the evening.

A 66,000 capacity crowd at the Allianz Arena saw Thiago seal an ultimately deserved victory for the Catalan side. The midfielder headed home a 42nd-minute opener, before settling the outcome with a 20-yard drive 15 minutes from time.

Full match report follows shortly!
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern fall 2-0 to Barca in Audi Cup final

Postby Major-Hasan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 pm

It was okay. Barcelona is playing very well. I'm sure that we'll do much better in the coming days. Guys, lets not loose our hope.
:-)
Major-Hasan
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern fall 2-0 to Barca in Audi Cup final

Postby zippy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

I was quite pleased with the tournament, as a work out it was valuable. Petersen looked good tonight, nice to see Olic back and Timoschchuk alongside Boateng is promising. Kroos and Rafinha were impressive v Milan.
Now the serious stuff starts, my girlfriend will be in Braunschweig on Monday (albeit supporting Eintracht), I'll try and get to the Gladbach game and then to the VFL match.
zippy
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News