You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern bank on Butt's remarkable record

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Bayern bank on Butt's remarkable record

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Jörg Butt is one of the quieter goalkeepers, in public at least. The FCB number one is perfectly content with a role away from the limelight. "I prefer not to talk about myself. Winning as a team is all that matters," he recently declared in an fcbayern.de interview. However, the most recent team goal celebrations provided compelling evidence of Butt's exalted position in the dressing room hierarchy.

In Hannover, the outfield players mimed the use of a jackhammer in tribute to Butt's grandfather, owner of a construction company. Against Gladbach, the team favoured a hitherto unseen "Hole-in-One" routine, initiated by a virtual golf swing from the FCB keeper. Butt is a well-liked and respected member of the squad - a reputation he has earned with a string of flawless displays.

The 35-year-old laid out an impressive display of his credentials in the home meeting with Borussia. Juan Arango tested him four times with dangerously swerving long-range drives, but Butt saved all four goalbound efforts. A TV reporter awarded the player top marks in a post-match interview, and for once, Butt accepted the words of praise: "If you're giving me an A grade, I have to say you're right."

Marshalling the defence

The players endorsed that performance appraisal. "He made two or three really good saves, which makes you confident as a defender," said Philipp Lahm, "you can allow your opponents to have a dig from 20 or 30 yards, because you know your keeper's going to save it." The 1.91 metre shot-stopper returned the compliment: "We've played very well as a team recently, and I'm just delighted to be playing my part."

Everyone involved is hoping for a continuation on Tuesday. "We'd normally keep a clean sheet," Louis van Gaal remarked. However, Butt is not only a vital component in an increasingly assured defensive line, he also boasts a positive personal track record against Juventus.

Previous winner against Juve

Remarkably enough, Butt the goalkeeper has actually scored twice against Italy's most successful club side. In the 2000-2001 Champions League group phase, he netted for Hamburger SV in a thrilling 4-4 draw, and repeated the feat a season later in a 3-1 triumph for Leverkusen. Unsurprisingly, both goals were penalties.

The 35-year-old also featured the last time a German team won away to Juventus, Hamburg's 3-1 success in Turin in the 2000-2001 campaign. For a number of reasons, Bayern will be glad to see Butt between the sticks against Juve on Tuesday.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern bank on Butt's remarkable record

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 am

Butt after training with the beach volleyball team seems to be soo much better. I am confident in his abilities now. I am all for having him in the squad till the summer.
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:48 am

[quote="Aequitas1987"]Butt after training with the beach volleyball team seems to be soo much better. I am confident in his abilities now. I am all for having him in the squad till the summer.[/quote]
Also, Since Buffon and Chiellini are injured, i think it will be more easy for us now!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby torstenfringshair » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 am

maybe we dont need a new goalkeeper until next summer now???
torstenfringshair
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 pm

[quote="torstenfringshair"]maybe we dont need a new goalkeeper until next summer now???[/quote]
Yep..
As of now, GK is not the problem!
RB and a RW is the problem!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:32 pm

[quote="appudds"]RB and a RW is the problem![/quote]

Only RB is the problem
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:36 pm

[quote="Element"]Only RB is the problem[/quote]
We need a backup RW if Robben is injured right?
Currently, we dont have such a player who's creative!
We need a back-up creative RW also!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm

[quote="appudds"]Currently, we dont have such a player who's creative![/quote]

Baumjohann and Muller can play there
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:05 pm

[quote="Element"]Baumjohann and Muller can play there[/quote]
I dont think Baumjohann will play as long as LVG is here as coach!
He's totally ignored him!
Abt Muller, He great as a CM/CF/RM!
Not as RWM!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 pm

[quote="appudds"]Not as RWM![/quote]

RWM is the same as RM !!!!!

RWF is The Wing forward in the 4-3-3

RM and RWM are the wingers in 4-4-2 Classic and 4-5-1
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Do not mess with Element about football terminology lol. Even i did not know that actually.
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:39 pm

[quote="Aequitas1987"]Do not mess with Element about football terminology lol. Even i did not know that actually.[/quote]

But there is A Difference between RWB and RB

RWB are Offensive fullbacks (Lahm's Role with Bayern LAST Season)

RB are Defensive or balanced fullbacks (Bosingwa's Role in Chelsea)
=========================
About RWM and RM

Some Say That RM is the A Balanced Player on the Side (Which is the RCM position actually)

And Say that RWM is the offensive winger like Cristiano (Which is The RM actually)

Read this

===================
So people just mixed up Names

Note RWM is not The Same as RWF like i stated Before
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 am

[quote="appudds"]Not as RWM![/quote]
Ten.. Wat i meant was RWF then!
Wing forward!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:47 am

[quote="appudds"]Ten.. Wat i meant was RWF then!
Wing forward![/quote]

But We play 4-4-2

and Muller can be A Great Sub for Robben and Gomez
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 am

[quote="Element"]But We play 4-4-2

and Muller can be A Great Sub for Robben and Gomez[/quote]
Not wen Muller plays the RCM position in the 4-3-3 next season..
Look.. next season, MvB will leave..
So our midfield will be like this(if we use 4-3-3):
.............................Tymo/Ottl....................................
.................Muller.Kroos...........Schweini.Pranjic.................
....Robben/RWF.........................................Ribery/Olic.....
.............................Gomez/Klose.................................
So, we need a back-up RWF next season....
appudds

National Flag:
India

Next

Return to Official FC Bayern News