You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen: I'm on the right track

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Arjen: I'm on the right track

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 am

At the final whistle Arjen Robben sank to his knees in the centre of the pitch and pounded the turf with his fists - once, twice, three times. Then he roared his delight at Bayern's hard-fought 1-0 DFB Cup quarter-final win over Borussia Dortmund into the Munich night sky. It was a moment of emotion in which the Dutchman could release all the tension of the previous 90 minutes.

"It was all about the joy and happiness of having won the game," Robben explained the following day. Thanks to his spectacular left-foot 43rd minute shot that curled into the corner of the Dortmund net, the home side bundled last year's double winners out of the competition and moved a step closer to a 16th cup triumph. "When I'm on the pitch, it's simply about winning," he added.

He didn't have long to relish the moment. While his team-mates continued their celebrations in the dressing room, the 29-year-old spent the rest of the evening providing a drugs test, and was one of the last of the players to leave the Allianz Arena. "It's so annoying, because after a match like that there's a terrific atmosphere in the dressing room," Robben commented ruefully. "I didn't get away till after midnight."

But he was still able to savour the victory the following day. "A match like that against Dortmund is always special," said Robben, who as a replacement for the suspended Franck Ribéry not only scored a breathtaking goal but was one of the outstanding players on the field. "When you settle a match like that, with a goal like that, you've got to be a bit chuffed."

Comeback kid

Robben had more to celebrate than the winner that took Bayern into their 24th DFB Cup semi-final. "I'm really pleased for Arjen Robben," said chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, thinking back to last April's Bundesliga game against the same opponents when the player "must have suffered psychologically". Toward the end of the 1-0 defeat in Dortmund the Dutchman first missed a penalty, then failed to convert the chance of a stoppage-time equaliser.

"Today's goal put it all to rights," Rummenigge said appreciatively. "I'm so happy it was him to score the decisive goal for Bayern." Sporting director Matthias Sammer praised Robben's "super goal" while coach Jupp Heynckes revealed that it's a move Robben is always practising in training. "What a fantastic goal," he said, "and one that's really important for a player who's spent so long out injured this season."

Robben himself knows that he's not yet back to his old self after spending weeks on the sidelines before Christmas, saying that while he feel physically well and "on the right track", he can still play a lot better than he did on Wednesday. Captain Philipp Lahm recalled how "two years ago he was electrifying in all competitions. Arjen doesn't need to show off, but today he had a point to prove to everyone in the stadium." Which he did awesomely.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Arjen: I'm on the right track

Postby Fénix » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 am

Yes you are, Mister! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby AdepT » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:43 am

Man! To kick your old demons. That has gotta be the most awesome feeling in the world.
I'm so happy for him. :D

Let's hope we win the CL. [-o<
We have had enough. Time to make others suffer. :evil:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby samaj » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Fénix wrote:Image

Yes you are, Mister! =D> =D> =D> =D>

This picture is priceless
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News