You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

All of Munich weeps red and white tears

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

All of Munich weeps red and white tears

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm

On Monday morning, the biggest tabloid newspaper published this headline: "All of Munich weeps red and white tears." There can't be a more appropriate description of the sadness surrounding FC Bayern at the moment.

On Saturday evening, every Bayern fan, all friends of our club, and almost everyone in Germany witnessed a dramatic and highly emotional football match. They were witnesses to our 'final at home' in the Allianz Arena.

It was almost entirely wonderful. Unfortunately, our team was denied the most important thing of all, a victory. Despite all our committed play, we failed to win the Champions League trophy. Everyone who followed the match knows it was incredibly unlucky - in fact, you can't lose more unluckily. It is bitter, and it hurts.

But despite our huge disappointment, our fans behaved fantastically. All over the city, in the squares, the streets and the pubs, and at the Public Viewing events, the atmosphere during the match was joyful and celebratory. We're proud of our supporters. Despite the defeat, despite the shock and the grief, they behaved with dignity, style and Bavarian hospitality. On behalf of FC Bayern, I wish to warmly thank you for that!

With very best regards
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: All of Munich weeps red and white tears

Postby Ham » Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm a Chelsea fan from London and I have to agree 100% with Rummennigge. I was in Munich for the final and Bayern fans showed a lot of class all day and all night. There was a great atmosphere in the city all day and it was great to drink in the same bars with your fans and have friendly banter. I especially enjoyed the rivalry outside of the Ratzkellar.

Your side were very unlucky but this was our first European Cup. We were very close in 2008 and only went out on penalties. We therefore know exactly how you feel. Believe me.

Thank you all for your hospitality and for sharing your wonderful city with us.

Good luck next year.
Ham
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News