You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

All eyes on shooting star Schlaudraff

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

All eyes on shooting star Schlaudraff

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:00 am

Bayern's board of directors will spend Wednesday evening intently watching the German Cup holders' efforts to reach the quarter-finals of this term's competition at the expense of promoted Alemannia Aachen, although on this occasion, Messrs Rummenigge, Hoeneß et al will be unusually interested in the opposition, and specifically the Aachen number 19.

Alemannia shooting star Jan Schlaudraff is the man in the spotlight. The Munich board and coach Felix Magath would like to add the 23-year-old to the playing staff in Bavaria in time for next season. "The player has received an offer from Bayern Munich. Now he has to decide what he wants to do," general manager Hoeneß confirmed on Sunday.

<b>Six goals so far</b>

Former Monchenghladbach youth Schlaudraff tops the scoring points chart in Aachen with six goals and four assists, and was rewarded for his efforts with a debut Germany cap in a friendly against Georgia in October. The striker has a clause in his contract allowing him to quit Alemannia at the end of the current season for a fixed €1.2 million fee.

That sounds like a bargain, but price is not the decisive factor for the Munich giants. "We think our team would benefit from his talents," Rummenigge declared in a recent interview. "Schlaudraff is quick, he can dribble, he sets up goals, and he scores," the chairman summarised.

<b>All-round attacker</b>

Rummenigge expressed hopes the young goal-getter would show the courage necessary to take on the challenge of joining Bayern, who face competition for the player's signature from a queue of leading clubs headed by Bundesliga leaders Werder Bremen. "We're convinced he'd have a great chance of making it with us," Hoeneß commented.

Schlaudraff's former coach Dieter Hecking praised the player's versatility. "He's an all-round attacker who can be accommodated in any system, but who should also be given the freedom to pop up just when he's least expected." Respected football journal <i>kicker</i> has drawn comparisons between the youngster and Mehmet Scholl.

<b>On with the job</b>

Schlaudraff insisted he was relaxed ahead of the Cup meeting with his potential future employers. "I won't freeze, just because our next match is against Bayern. And even if I don't score, but we still win, I'm fine with that too," he remarked. Magath is still expecting Schlaudraff to shine in Alemannia colours: "He could pose a real threat."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby frankie13 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:03 pm

oh no bargain hunting again :?
frankie13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:57 pm

Jan Schlaudraff might be a good sign for us :!:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Official FC Bayern News