You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

A whirlwind and an 'extra burst of pace'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

A whirlwind and an 'extra burst of pace'

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:30 am

His role model: Zé Roberto. His passion: music. His appearance: reserved, polite, likable, bustling and fleet-footed on the pitch. Douglas Costa made a promising impression in his first days at FC Bayern. After a week in an FCB shirt the Brazilian can already speak a few words of German: “Thank you. Good morning. Play.”

On the Audi Summer Tour of China Douglas Costa is primarily seen talking to his Portuguese and Spanish team-mates. And Pep Guardiola is also keen to communicate with the 24-year-old who is trying to watch and absorb everything he can in his early days at FC Bayern.

“He’s not as crazy as Dante and me,” said Rafinha about his fellow countryman with a smile. The right back, with his wealth of experience of Germany and the Bundesliga, is currently helping  Costa every step of the way and that even included him acting as Costa’s interpreter for the press on Monday: “Germany is different from Brazil and Ukraine, but I’m sure he’ll feel at home here with us,” said Rafinha, “I hope he finds his feet quickly and learns German asap. That’s really important.”

Costa has already settled in on the pitch. He crowned his FCB debut with a goal in the Telekom Cup a week ago. The 24-year-old produced another impressive performance in the first friendly on the China tour against Valencia in Beijing on Saturday. “It went really well,” he reported, “and I already feel relatively good in terms of fitness. But it will take a little while for me to get used to the new culture and the level at Bayern.”

Costa was like a wizard on the left flank and he provided a perfect assist for Thiago to score the third goal. “He’s good in one-on-ones, he’s agile and quick on the wings. He’s really good for us and I’m sure he’ll help us to progress,” declared a convinced skipper Philipp Lahm. “Douglas gives us an extra burst of pace,” added Müller. And, in an interview with fcbayern.de, Thiago explained: “He’s strong on the ball, quick and has plenty of power. And he fits in perfectly with us here.” Exactly like Zé Roberto.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: A whirlwind and an 'extra burst of pace'

Postby JJJ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:55 am

FCBayernNews wrote:After a week in an FCB shirt the Brazilian can already speak a few words of German: “Thank you. Good morning. Play.”

I hope that's not true! One week = 5 words?!?!
Früchtl
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Müller, Fein, Kroos, Can, Schöpf
Wagner, Zirkzee

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: A whirlwind and an 'extra burst of pace'

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 pm

More like four haha
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Return to Official FC Bayern News