You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Closed borders will work for us if and only if there is no local transmission. Given that our last two cases were not observing self-quarantine (they did not come from countries where this was advised), it is probable that local transmission will start soon.

It works because we are an island. It wouldn’t work anywhere else.

the German or Belgian lady went to work with the symptoms...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:53 pm

That’s why I said it is probable that we’ll have local transmission soon, and at that point closing borders won’t solve itz

Re genetically modified, it is not a farfetched conspiracy theory although I see no reason to believe it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:It's not worth cancelling your holiday for a random virus.

Stop downplaying this pandemic. It's irresponsible.

No it isn't. It'd be irresponsible to not wash your hands, but it's not irresponsible to go on the holiday you've painstakingly paid for and planned as long as you don't sneeze on people's faces.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:It's not worth cancelling your holiday for a random virus.

No it isn't. It'd be irresponsible to not wash your hands, but it's not irresponsible to go on the holiday you've painstakingly paid for and planned as long as you don't sneeze on people's faces.

I'm referring mostly to you calling it a random virus. It's anything but and will probably end up killing millions of people around the world.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="Dumbledore7"]It's not worth cancelling your holiday for a random virus.

I'm referring mostly to you calling it a random virus. It's anything but and will probably end up killing millions of people around the world.[/quote]
Depending on your timeframe... Within decades to a century, yes, in a short time, probably not...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Your Merkel is estimating 70 percent of Germans to contract it and currently 6 percent of closed cases are closed because the patient died. If hypothetically 70 percent of Germany were to catch Coronavirus today, then one would expect over 3 million deaths from Germany alone.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:10 pm

MUTU wrote:Your Merkel is estimating 70 percent of Germans to contract it and currently 6 percent of closed cases are closed because the patient died. If hypothetically 70 percent of Germany were to catch Coronavirus today, then one would expect over 3 million deaths from Germany alone.
Exactly
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Isn’t the 70% a worst case acenario?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:15 pm

The truth is inevitable - Europe is totally incapable of replicating China's social and technological success in the fight against the virus - so we will pay a great price now. The Bulgarian movie with COVID19 will be unfortunately a very bad horror movie with elements of drama, just like many others.
Merkel and Marcon talking about the economy in the last couple of days - everything is fucking money, they are more scared of the economical consequences than for the lives of their people.

Where is the help for Italy in their worst days? Everything is just words pledged in the Treaty of Lisbon, Nice, and other directives and regulations? Where is the mutual assistance enshrined in these acts?

China Helps Italy, Send 31 Tonnes Of Medical Supplies & Health Experts [source]

Restricting free movement and quarantine for all is the only solution that will stop the spread of the virus. Italy learned that in a hard way. I'm sorry, but it's late for most of our countries. And I admit that I had a lot of fun in the first days of the pandemic, thinking that "everything is going to be OK", how stupid was I.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:26 pm

MUTU wrote:Your Merkel is estimating 70 percent of Germans to contract it and currently 6 percent of closed cases are closed because the patient died. If hypothetically 70 percent of Germany were to catch Coronavirus today, then one would expect over 3 million deaths from Germany alone.

Are you a scientist or not?

-It's 6% of a small sample size, and within that 6%, the demographic (age, pre-conditions) might not reflect the whole population.

-70% is the worst case scenario.

-In the time taken to get 70% of the population infected, advancement could still be made to lower the death rate, if not the infection rate. South Korea is already deploying drive-through testing outposts, for example. The earlier they can be tested, the easier they are to treat. You're assuming a completely constant progression.

There's being cautious then there's being shallow. Practice critical thinking ffs.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Despite my post above, I definitely appreciate the concerns around Europe especially, because as IsiahRashad said, the government is useless.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Are you a scientist or not?

-It's 6% of a small sample size, and within that 6%, the demographic (age, pre-conditions) might not reflect the whole population.

-70% is the worst case scenario.

-In the time taken to get 70% of the population infected, advancement could still be made to lower the death rate, if not the infection rate. South Korea is already deploying drive-through testing outposts, for example. The earlier they can be tested, the easier they are to treat. You're assuming a completely constant progression.

There's being cautious then there's being shallow. Practice critical thinking ffs.

I think the more time goes by the worse it gets not better. In Italy they're having to choose who lives and who is left to die. 44 percent of closed cases in Italy the patient has died. A stark difference to the 6 percent global. That's what happens when you can't keep up.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:38 pm

I heard a doc yest (an Italian one) and he said exactly what MUTU is saying...
:(

https://youtu.be/9mrPHO-nkVE

Watch it
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 pm

These are fully my opinions. I didn't read or hear it anywhere. I just think that a disservice to the world is being done by quoting the 2 or 3.5 percent figure that's statistically incorrect because it assumes not a single one of the open cases left would result in a death, an extreme best case scenario, which we know is not at all realistic. When you divide the number of deaths by the number of closed cases instead, you get 6 percent globally, and 44 percent in Italy.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:10 pm

In Poland all the schools, universtities and kindergartens are closed since today for the next two weeks. And we only have 47 confirmed cases for now, we're acting fast. I'm unemployed for 2 weeks without pay but oh well, maybe it's the right choice to keep this thing from spreading. Italy is only now waking up after 10k+ confirmed cases.

I'm still wondering how serious is the virus itself, from what I've read some sources say that many people get through the virus without any symptoms which would mean the virus is not as dangerous as it looks at first sight statistics because stats don't account for all the people that have the virus but are feeling fine and weren't tested. Hopefully there is truth to this version of the story and we will be fine soon.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge