You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:45 pm

I agree with Merkel. No on should ever be a prisoner in their own country. It is up to people to be responsible, we shouldn’t need governments telling us what to do.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Prime Minister Robert Abela has announced the stoppage of air and sea travel from countries at risk, these being Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France and Spain. This comes into immediate effect from midnight, and only trips carrying merchandise will be allowed.

Besides these steps, anyone entering Malta or who has entered Malta from these countries during these past two weeks will have to undergo mandatory quarantine at home.

During a media conference this afternoon, the Prime Minister stated that anyone not observing the quarantine will be subjected to a 1,000 euro fine every time he or she is found out, and regular spot checks will be carried out, which spot checks will be enforced by the Police authorities.

“We will not tolerate anyone not undergoing quarantine,” the Prime Minister declared. The Prime Minister added that those persons residing in the same home as a person in quarantine also have to remain in quarantine, whilst tourists have to remain in their hotel rooms.

The Prime Minister announced the launching of a service so that persons under quarantine can call on a helpline and have shopping and medicinal items delivered to their doors.

The Prime Minister appealed for unnecessary travel not to take place and also appealed to the elderly to only leave their homes when they need to do so.

Dr Abela stressed that the situation is under control, and there are preparations for every eventuality.

The conference was also addressed by Deputy Prime Minister Chris Fearne.

More details to follow.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree with Merkel. No on should ever be a prisoner in their own country. It is up to people to be responsible, we shouldn’t need governments telling us what to do.

but unfortunately we don't live in a utopia ... people are not that responsible
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:20 pm

It's a tough one. For Venezuela I would advocate for completely closed borders. That is because the health system is a in complete shambles and requiring hospitalization would essentially be a direct death sentence. Also, the government is extremely likely to treat confirmed or suspected cases as a secret, so we might already have infected people and not know it. There are already reports that the government arrested a doctor who claimed stuff about a case.

Other countries can afford not to go so far, because they actually do have the health system to cope if they manage to slow down it enough.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree with Merkel. No on should ever be a prisoner in their own country. It is up to people to be responsible, we shouldn’t need governments telling us what to do.

No we don’t, but I don’t like the precedent that governments can just decide to keep millions locked inside at will citing a crisis as the reason to assume this power. It is a dangerous move for future real and made-up crisis.

Meanwhile, Air Malta is already terminating jobs. What I mentioned yesterday, sadly.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

No we don’t, but I don’t like the precedent that governments can just decide to keep millions locked inside at will citing a crisis as the reason to assume this power. It is a dangerous move for future real and made-up crisis.

Meanwhile, Air Malta is already terminating jobs. What I mentioned yesterday, sadly.
How certain are you?-
Tbh air malta has gone to the dogs ages ago and they have now got the opportunity they wanted
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:55 pm

About what? Air Malta? The company confirmed it to the media. Part timers for now but might be forced into letting more people go.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:59 pm

WHO have finally woke up

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... mic.777368

They used to tell us that it was just a common flu.

Sons and daughters of bitches they should all be impaled for this
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:12 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Israel is closed off... no one can leave or enter the country. Kudos to them...
Same with Russia...

those are the real Leaders who bring their people above the rest.

But Merkel is happy not to close the borders - again!
Yeah, you really live in your own world...

Look, I'll try to be as frank as I can: you think you'd still live on your shitty rock if it weren’t for others? You’re a selfish reckless misanthrope...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

For some people, the government has to put on their bib, wash it after the meal and then wipe their butts half an hour later...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:on a diff topic, what's up with Venezuela ? I remember the whole world was talking about the problems in there and now silence!
News have a really strange pattern!

It’s nothing strange. Amazon and Australia are still burning, and you don’t hear about them anymore. The news are like fashion.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:38 pm

And we have patient #7
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am

Employers call for shutdown over coronavirus spread
Only three days taken from optional leave - [source]

And Malta records its eight and ninth cases.... all imported

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... lta.777491
All nine cases in Malta imported
All nine coronavirus cases in Malta have been imported, Gauci said.

"We again appeal to the public to not just turn up at the testing centres but follow the direction of their doctors and health authorities," she said.

The police and the health authorities are working together to enforce the mandatory quarantine rules announced on Wednesday.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Of course they're imported, what else?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge