You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby Lukas » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:27 pm

I voted labour as usual but for once I was embarrassed to do so and did not enjoy it thanks to Corbyn and his cronies at the top of the party. And a Jewish colleague called me out on it earlier
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Lukas wrote:I voted labour as usual but for once I was embarrassed to do so and did not enjoy it thanks to Corbyn and his cronies at the top of the party. And a Jewish colleague called me out on it earlier

This is the kind of sentiment that shows how problematic it is to consider this a second Brexit vote. Too many people didn’t vote Labour for reasons other than Brexit, and that’s not even considering there is still a majority of votes, though not seats, against Brexit.

In the end it’s an expected result, though it still makes me sad. I’m hoping at least Scotland get to go their own way and remain in the EU but tbh I think an independent Scotland would face many challenges, so really, everyone’s a loser but the billionaires who apparently collectively increased their net worth by $2 billion in one night.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hardrade » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 pm

I cannot believe the effort that was put in denying the British referendum until today. As if democracy is relevant only when it is in favor of our beliefs.
If people have voted out, give them out, regardless how shitty it is. You can’t half-ass democracy.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:09 am

Lukas wrote:I voted labour as usual but for once I was embarrassed to do so and did not enjoy it thanks to Corbyn and his cronies at the top of the party. And a Jewish colleague called me out on it earlier
What is this issue about anti semite from the LP?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:35 am

Hardrade wrote:I cannot believe the effort that was put in denying the British referendum until today. As if democracy is relevant only when it is in favor of our beliefs.
If people have voted out, give them out, regardless how shitty it is. You can’t half-ass democracy.

Why would you do so if indications are (including the election itself), and have long been, that the majority no longer wants to leave and doing so would have very negative consequences according to all experts? Sounds a lot like stubbornness to me, doing something that harms the country and the public for the sake of an imagined majority that has long ceased to exist.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:37 am

ramsej84 wrote:
What is this issue about anti semite from the LP?

The media (run by billionaires) has had all sorts of smear campaigns against Corbyn (member of the IRA, communist, etc.). One of them that he is an anti-Semite. Whether it’s true or not is anyone’s guess, but it’s worth nothing they’ve done the same with previous Labour figures, including some with Jewish backgrounds.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:09 am

Probably he supports Palestine.
If he does that I salute him for his courage.
I believe that many on the left support the Palestine cause. (One of the few things I agree with the left)
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hundreds of Antifa protesters clash with police outside Downing Street and are ridiculed for holding anti-democratic 'F*** Boris' protest just hours after the nation voted to make Johnson Prime Minister [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:50 am

I already gave you my thoughts on what I agree and disagree on with regard to the protest/riot last night, but it’s concerning how little media attention it has received.

London, already not very British to begin with, has grown more and more distant from the rest of the country in recent years. Sometimes I wonder whether we’ll see an independent city state movement coming up soon.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Hardrade wrote:I cannot believe the effort that was put in denying the British referendum until today. As if democracy is relevant only when it is in favor of our beliefs.

Why would you do so if indications are (including the election itself), and have long been, that the majority no longer wants to leave and doing so would have very negative consequences according to all experts? Sounds a lot like stubbornness to me, doing something that harms the country and the public for the sake of an imagined majority that has long ceased to exist.

Indications are poor excuses. You’ve got your election results, that should be your only relevant indication. :)

You gave a decision to people to make. They answered. And you do their bidding, there and then. That’s called consistency.

You don’t run in circles for years looking for a way to exploit your system of political values because some of them can work against your interests, if you lose the gamble of popular vote.
I am not some diehard beacon of democracy, nor a Tory fan, I just seriously dislike how badly and cowardly has Brexit opposition handled itself recently.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:00 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I already gave you my thoughts on what I agree and disagree on with regard to the protest/riot last night, but it’s concerning how little media attention it has received.

London, already not very British to begin with, has grown more and more distant from the rest of the country in recent years. Sometimes I wonder whether we’ll see an independent city state movement coming up soon.

if that ever happens I hope that the Real British ppl rise up and crush them ,... LONDON is England... who is not happy with it may go back to Pakistan India, China , and wherever they want to
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:09 am

Hardrade wrote:Indications are poor excuses. You’ve got your election results, that should be your only relevant indication.

If you mean the actual election, as I've explained I disagree entirely that it should be seen as a result for/against Brexit, and if it were considered so, it clearly says against, whatever Boris says.
If you mean the referendum, that makes more sense. But as I was telling ramsej privately last night, this isn't just a case of people not accepting the result but more importantly of what very clearly seems to be a changed majority. At this point simply trudging on is stubborn and will likely deliver something the majority do not want.

Hardrade wrote:You gave a decision to people to make. They answered. And you do their bidding, there and then. That’s called consistency.

To a certain extent I agree. And yet, Leave clearly said if the referendum didn't go their way they would keep fighting to have another one, and that's without any indication of a changed majority.

This Brexit is not what the people voted for. They were duped, and the Leave campaign itself has admitted to having duped them.

The choice the UK faces is to either do things by the book or to do the sensible thing. It makes no sense to do something which every indication is telling you the people don't want just because they said they did that one time after you lied to them in a consultative (not binding) referendum. They can either crash out against the will of the majority, put the country in crisis, then in 5-10 years a movement campaigning to join the EU starts and it will obviously have the majority it already seems to have, and then another long process of several years to join starts and, since the UK's derogation would no longer apply, they would have to replace the pound with the euro.

Or they can spend a few millions which are negligible compared to what they've already spent on Brexit and see what the people think after the hell they've already experienced in these 3 years, before even leaving. A second referendum ought to be binding, whichever way it goes.

For such a life-changing event with long-term consequences, I say do the sensible thing.

Now you can say, what if Remain wins a second referendum? Will we then keep going in circles with Leave wanting a third referendum?
I would say that's partly solved by making the referendum binding, unlike the first. It would ensure there is no mandate for leaving in this legislature. Then, after another general election and a new government, yes, a third referendum can be done, and eventually a fourth, fifth, etc. If they are binding it can only be done once every legislature. The people have every right to want that, and then the government will act according to the majority. But for the past 3 years, it's been quite clear, they haven't been doing that, and refusal to even confirm it is just stubborn.

ramsej84 wrote:if that ever happens I hope that the Real British ppl rise up and crush them ,... LONDON is England... who is not happy with it may go back to Pakistan India, China , and wherever they want to

I agree on London is England and obviously there are many Pakis, Indians etc. but this is simplistic. London is liberal and European-minded. It's very clear even the English people there feel the same way, and from what I hear most English people don't really consider Londoners to be English.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:43 am

re the last paragraph.

This means that New World order is for real and it's goals are being reached.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:46 am

You expect ramsej of all people to get that?
The paragon of argumentation and reason? (Sorry, can't even post that without laughing )

I mean just look at his balanced perspective on "the Antifa" and the right wingers!
If the right wingers want something it’s always "the people" 'standing up for what they deserve', while with everything left of a Neo-Nazi it's fuckers attacking democracy... Very sophisticated
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote: re the last paragraph.

This means that New World order is for real and it's goals are being reached.

I hope so.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge