You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm

https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... iss.712168
Women beaten up on London bus after refusing to kiss

Gay couple say group of men taunted them and then turned violent

A couple on a London night bus have said they were beaten up by a group of men who turned violent after they refused to kiss. 
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:32 pm

pyrasur wrote:Just for my understanding why do other European countries care whether the UK leaves or not? Is it analogous to when the Southern states attempted to secede from the United States? Or will it hurt the EU if the UK were to leave?

Well considering we have the right to travel freely, live and stay in other European countries for as long as we like, work there, etc., it is pretty much just as if it is another part of our country. On a personal level as an EU citizen I will lose part of the geographic extent to my rights, and consequently potential opportunities. It is like losing territory.

I am personally very interested in Brexit because I'm very interested in the UK and their politics anyway though.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:34 pm

pyrasur wrote:Ah got it. I figured it’s like the Spanish for the Catalan independence movement or UK when the Scots try to leave.

It is fairly similar to the Scottish situation imo. The only difference is the Scots have less sovereignty within the UK than the UK does within the EU. :P
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Interesting. So the UK is considered a territory and less like a member of the EU? I did not know that. I suppose in that respect I can understand the sentiment of saying the UK doesn’t have the unilateral right to secede.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 pm

pyrasur wrote:Interesting. So the UK is considered a territory and less like a member of the EU? I did not know that. I suppose in that respect I can understand the sentiment of saying the UK doesn’t have the unilateral right to secede.

No, no - that is just my wording for the sake of explanation. The EU works on a basis of pooled sovereignty. Each member state is sovereign, but all members have ceded some power for the sake of the common good.

So there are some topics on which each individual country has the exclusive right to decide on its own. There are some topics where decisions are taken at a joint level, so the EU issues things like recommendations and then countries decide individually what to apply or the fine details. Then there are other topics where the EU decides collectively and the decisions become law in all member states.

That means every country has its own individual laws as well as EU laws.

I decided to use territory when speaking on a personal level: me as an individual citizen. At the moment I have a lot of rights which apply in the UK just as they apply in Malta, Germany, and so on. If/when Brexit happens, the geographical extent where my rights apply will be reduced because I will no longer have the right to live and work in the UK just as if I am in Malta, or be treated in hospitals under the exact same conditions as UK citizens, among others. That's not to mention all the legal technicalities which depend on what kind of deal is struck. For example, will the UK remain part of the air regulations which have permitted the proliferation of low cost airlines? Will we have to pay duties on imports from the UK?
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:11 pm

I’m just saying the reason it wouldn’t have a right to secede. The “pooled sovereignty” argument makes it sound like it’s one of the member states of the USA, where any power not granted to the federal government is granted to the states. I mean it’s the same reason we got rid of our first attempt at national government.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 pm

As far as I’m aware they have every right to just leave and no one can stop them since the Lisbon Treaty came into force 10 years ago. They just don’t want to leave without a deal so negotiations are going on. But there’s nothing stopping them from just saying no to everything and leaving, legally, if I’m not mistaken.

Obviously this is all uncharted territory and everyone is just figuring it out as we go along. Technically the legal deadline already passed.

I think it is a similar concept to the USA but like I said, for instance, they can just leave the club without anyone being able to stop them, which I don’t think is the case over there. Keep in mind we are not bound by a common constitution.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 pm

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:01 pm

What a classy way to out yourself. :mrgreen: [source]
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 pm

https://twitter.com/MLP_officiel/status ... 16768?s=19

ISIL heroes welcomed back with open arms in France...

I hope that when Madam Le Pen is in power she will bring back the guillotine for the traitors who are raping their country.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Two tankers 'under attack' in Gulf of Oman [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 am

Sea Watch heads to Malta after refusing to take migrants to Libya [source]

apparently the MEPs elec is done ...

I have nothing against the people being taken in .... HOWEVER I would arrest the boat owners for good.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:22 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Sea Watch heads to Malta after refusing to take migrants to Libya [source]

apparently the MEPs elec is done ...

I have nothing against the people being taken in .... HOWEVER I would arrest the boat owners for good.

For saving lives and people from drowning?

This coming from the man who says abortion is murder!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:35 am

no.

* for doing human trafficking.

the migrants are just taking a chance / opportunity - good luck to them , but the NGOs are riding on their backs in order to earn money from both the EU (who wants the migrants for other reasons) and the human traffickers.

P.S this is insane ... what is the eu trying to do ; get all of Africa into Europe?????
TBH they can do whatever they want in mainland europe but Malta has to stop getting in more ppl - we are already full up to our necks with Sicilians, Libyans, Serbs, Filipinos, Russian thugs and many more from Eastern Europe...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 am

ramsej84 wrote:no.

* for doing human trafficking.

the migrants are just taking a chance / opportunity - good luck to them , but the NGOs are riding on their backs in order to earn money from both the EU (who wants the migrants for other reasons) and the human traffickers.

P.S this is insane ... what is the eu trying to do ; get all of Africa into Europe?????
TBH they can do whatever they want in mainland europe but Malta has to stop getting in more ppl - we are already full up to our necks with Sicilians, Libyans, Serbs, Filipinos, Russian thugs and many more from Eastern Europe...

Why is it "the EU"? It’s the system you don’t like but it’s not the EU that created it...

Also, when big conglomerates buy and own 50% of the agriculturally productive land in Romania it’s business, when the Romanians come here it’s mooching off of society...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge