You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What song are you listening to?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What song are you listening to?

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:04 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 pm

weird god :P
DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 pm

The favourite place of @Fenix ! :P

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm

it did not stop for one second!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby jjpp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:13 am

"Tirage au Sort" from The Ever After, a band originally from New York and now based in Montreal.
jjpp
First post

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:13 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:12 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm

A beautiful 90s song...

1993 Sleeping Satellite

https://youtu.be/lOqVQPq8zm8
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Since music in the last 10 years is being watched and not listened, YouTube became a measure of 'music quality and popularity', then here's an article about the changing trends in global music.

Latin Artists Are Taking Over YouTube [source]

English speaking artists have dominated YouTube ever since its formation in 2005, but things are changing drastically. Now Latin artists are taking the trophy, beating Pop as the most popular genre, and songs with non-English lyrics are getting hundreds of millions of views by fans all over the world.

We checked the 50 artists with the most YouTube views in the previous year, and Latin music is ahead of Pop with 17 artists among the top 50. Ozuna, Daddy Yankee, Marília Mendonça, Zé Neto & Cristiano, Anuel AA, and Bad Bunny actually all climbed to top 10! By the way, four of them (Ozuna, Daddy Yankee, Anuel AA, and Bad Bunny) come from Puerto Rico, the birthplace of “Despacito”. So yes, Latin music is overall the most popular genre on YouTube, but on the other hand, the hottest act of 2019 comes from South Korea. Does that signify the end of English language domination in the music industry?

The winners of the YouTube race

The first place by YouTube views from September 2018 to September 2019 goes to South Korean K-pop queens BLACKPINK, who've taken the world by storm in the last couple of years.

The most popular subgenre: Reggaeton

Reggaeton is the most popular subgenre of Latin music, with 10 artists in the top 50. An extremely effective weapon in Reggaeton’s arsenal are collabs. When two or more famous musicians work together has time and time again proven to be a goose that lays golden eggs . In fact, it’s almost a challenge to find two artists on the list that haven’t collaborated in the past. Here they are, so take a shot: Ozuna, Daddy Yankee, Anuel AA, Bad Bunny, Becky G, J Balvin, Maluma, Nicky Jam, Piso 21, and Manuel Turizo.

But Reggaeton isn’t the only Latin subgenre on top. Four artists (Marília Mendonça, Zé Neto & Cristiano, Gusttavo Lima, Henrique & Juliano) play Sertanejo. Romeo Santos, a Bronx-born artist of Dominican and Puerto Rican roots, is among those who have brought Bachata, otherwise a folk subgenre, to the mainstream. However, he has also flirted with Reggaeton in previous years. The same goes for Pedro Capó, whose work is mainly in Latin Pop and Salsa. Here’s a summer hit that likely hasn’t missed you. Los Angeles Azules are another winner – this Mexican band woos their fans with Cumbia.

There are different Latin subgenres among the 50 most played artists on YouTube. No other genre has more, which makes Latin extremely popular and versatile at the same time.

Music connecting the world

Can we attribute the success of Latin music to a relatively large market? Almost 450M people in the world speak Spanish as their native language (it's the second most common language in the world after Mandarin), and here’s a fun fact: there are more Spanish speakers in the USA than there are in Spain. There are also about 220M people who speak Portuguese as a native language.

With 1.5B people speaking English, we could argue it’s still the most widely spoken language. However, for most, it’s a second language; “only” about 360M speak it as a native language.

So yes, the Latin market is enormous and musicians get massive support from Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries, making it easier for artists to rack up YouTube views and break through onto the global charts. Consequently, they’re gaining new fans even in communities that don’t speak their language.

Queens of K-pop

BLACKPINK being in first place might be even more surprising at first glance, as they sing mostly in Korean, with just a few English lines sprinkled throughout their songs. Yet they’re on top according to YouTube views. Similar to the Latin performers, they operate in a vast Asian market. They’re also quite popular in South America, as proven by their popularity on Google search.

So, is the domination of English lyrics coming to an end? We wouldn’t go that far. Right now, English is still going strong and will most probably stay one of the most used languages, but it will certainly have company at the top.

27 out of the 50 most viewed artists on YouTube come from English speaking countries, but only three are among the top ten.

Latin musicians are becoming more and more popular, with some of their songs easily breaking the 500M or even 1B barrier in YouTube views within a year. And the artists are not only adored by Spanish or Portuguese speaking fans, they’re worshipped by people all over the world, boosting them from stars to superstars.

I remember when this started to seriously change in my life. Exactly 9 and a half years ago. :)
All thanks to few summer hits in 2010 and the YouTube that completely unexplored part of the world to many people. In the last 6 years I listen way more music in Spanish than English.

Still, to sing like a real hero and champ, music must be in Croatian and Serbian - mandatory. :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:33 pm

And this is for my friend IsiahRashad. 8) 8)

Sportiva uvijek za nabrijavanje, trening, podizanje volje, morala i raspoloženja. 8) =P~
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:15 pm

The 21st of December for me is always the day when it’s time to let go of everything and fully embrace the Christmas spirit. When I was younger it used to be because the 21st was always when school ended, except when it was a weekend. For the past few years it’s been because it’s the birthday of someone important to me, and as such, the first big Christmas-time celebration.

Somehow it being the shortest day of the year and the beginning of winter also contributes to that feeling, for me.

So today, I’m revisiting my favourite Christmas song, even though I’m not religious. I like listening to it in German, in my opinion it is much more atmospheric, and fitting to the forum anyway:

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:33 pm

The lyrics

https://youtu.be/ln01p1M2cH0

Merry Christmas
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Fénix wrote:And this is for my friend IsiahRashad. 8) 8)

Sportiva uvijek za nabrijavanje, trening, podizanje volje, morala i raspoloženja. 8) =P~

:-({|=
Thank you my brother ! I'm seeing this now, we really need a notifications when we're mentioned in some post..
My local time is 22:08 and I wanna bench something right now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And something which makes go crazy while training.

For you, my brother. :cheers:
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby abelgross » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:26 am

abelgross
First post

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge