You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:45 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

What movie have you just watched?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:00 pm

The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff Of Certain Businesses, For $52.4 Billion In Stock [source]

"Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe. Disney will also acquire FX Networks, National Geographic Partners, Fox Sports Regional Networks, Fox Networks Group International, Star India and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Sky plc, Tata Sky and Endemol Shine Group."

Probably means big changes for Hollywood
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Remakes, Sequels and Prequels galore!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 pm

By the by:

Any thoughts on last Jedi?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 pm

#12 wrote:By the by:

Any thoughts on last Jedi?

Remind me tomorrow if I forget to post. Going tonight
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Kk, don’t expect too much - and no logic
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:47 am

#12 wrote:Kk, don’t expect too much - and no logic

I actually disagree. One of my favourites, but to be fair I really like Rey and Kylo Ren. Not particularly keen on the other new characters in this trilogy.

Ending was a bit disappointing and anti-climactic though. Doesn't really set up much for a third movie either.

On the whole, it's definitely way better than copycat The Force Awakens. I think Rogue One was probably better though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Kk, don’t expect too much - and no logic

I actually disagree. One of my favourites, but to be fair I really like Rey and Kylo Ren. Not particularly keen on the other new characters in this trilogy.

Ending was a bit disappointing and anti-climactic though. Doesn't really set up much for a third movie either.

On the whole, it's definitely way better than copycat The Force Awakens. I think Rogue One was probably better though.

I hate Ren... He’s also wayyy to artificial and constructed as a character... Lacks credibility... Daisy Ridley is doing fine, but she alone cannot carry the torch of the original cast‘s charisma...
It was better than VII, definitely, but I could do better than 7 in my garage...

The sheer quantity of that ridiculous Disney humor killing the mood all the time is actually my smallest issue with this movie... It’s another copycat in many ways... And there’s - again - an ice planet...

Spoiler: show
How does Rey get on the Falcon after the spacefight? How come they all survive instead of dying? How on **** earth would you survive being exposed to space like Leia? Who is Snoke? How come Luke can be present thousands of light years away in a holographic way? How come the insanelyidealistic character of Luke Skywalker is nothibg but a bitter old man? And on and on and on...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm

I suppose Snoke turned out to be just a new character completely. It was something I had thought about but I was surprised they actually went with it. Then again, that's one of the things I liked most about it; it was everything no one expected to be: Snoke, Kylo returning to the dark side, Rey's parents, Leia surviving, Luke not being a hero...

I actually liked the bitter old man anti-hero Luke. Better than the standard all white or all black characters which most of them are.
Rey and maybe Kylo are on that path too.

The Leia thing was completely ridiculous though, especially after Carrie Fisher passed away. They should have made the "death" scene a real death and reshot a few scenes. It would have been a much more fitting farewell than killing her off-screen or replacing her with CGI.
The Luke holograph thing I'm more OK with... it did take all his energy leading to his death after all. I wonder if him being present and dying in a battle would have been better, but the intention seems to have been that his blood isn't on Kylo's hands. I think he'll still turn against the dark side... probably by losing control of the First Order. I was more frustrated by the whole "they can track light speed"
plotline tbh.

Predictions for IX? I guess it will be set a few years in the future. Those kids they rescued from the Monaco planet will be resistance fighters, Leia will have died naturally (in the opening crawl). Rey will be propped up as a greater Jedi than Luke, fully capable of balancing the light and the dark. General Hux takes control of the first order and conflicted Kylo continues to lash out at everyone on every side (and maybe ultimately saved by Rey?). I wonder if we might see an Anakin force ghost communicating with Kylo. I suppose Chewy will be the last one to go but I predict him to die as well. As for the actual story, don't really know what to expect.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Well, new character or not: where and how did he learn the ways of the Force? In a way, btw, we have never seen before: able to link two people together regardless of their current location, but apparently still not strong enough to either find Skywalker or feel Ren‘s betrayal... Yet freakishly superior to Ren and deceived and destroyed by him anyway... I still think Ren’s state of mind is illogic and lacks credibility...
It’s Obi-Wan all over again: master vs. apprentice, the former on the moral high ground, sacrificing himself and deceiving the foes to help their companions escape for the sake of the rebellion... It gets old - at least for me...

Overall, it kills enjoyment for me...
But at least they hired the director to take care of the „next trilogy“ - **** Disney for milking this in such a ridiculous way...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Haha, regarding your comment on Snoke linking the two, I actually saw it coming. My friend remarked that he looks like Voldemort when he came on the screen and during the intermission (in Malta there is a short break halfway through a movie at the cinema) I told him I bet he actually IS copying Voldemort and planting false images in Rey's head. :lol:

Btw the one thing that frustrated me, and I'm not entirely sure it'll be fully explained, is why Ren turned to the dark side. Clearly his version that it was because Luke tried to kill him isn't entirely true, based on Luke's version. I hope they sort it out.

The next trilogy probably won't live up the original story (regardless of what you think of the prequels and sequels). When you keep the same universe but change characters and story completely it tends to be a failure. Even J.K. Rowling realised that and quickly turned her Fantastic Beasts series into a prequel of sorts rather than a spinoff, and that's the only reason it's so brilliant.

At least, though, they'll have one director. I really don't get the logic behind giving episodes VII and IX to one guy and VIII to another.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Haha, regarding your comment on Snoke linking the two, I actually saw it coming. My friend remarked that he looks like Voldemort when he came on the screen and during the intermission (in Malta there is a short break halfway through a movie at the cinema) I told him I bet he actually IS copying Voldemort and planting false images in Rey's head. :lol:

Btw the one thing that frustrated me, and I'm not entirely sure it'll be fully explained, is why Ren turned to the dark side. Clearly his version that it was because Luke tried to kill him isn't entirely true, based on Luke's version. I hope they sort it out.

The next trilogy probably won't live up the original story (regardless of what you think of the prequels and sequels). When you keep the same universe but change characters and story completely it tends to be a failure. Even J.K. Rowling realised that and quickly turned her Fantastic Beasts series into a prequel of sorts rather than a spinoff, and that's the only reason it's so brilliant.

At least, though, they'll have one director. I really don't get the logic behind giving episodes VII and IX to one guy and VIII to another.

Cause they’re copying everything... Was the same with Empire...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Btw, if you dislike the humorous asides, you really shouldn't play the Lego The Force Awakens game. :P Playing it as I write... it's fun enough, nothing too exciting, but I'm finding it hilarious (though that kind of humour isn't worthy of Star Wars).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby OhioFan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

I went with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson, three generations of Star Wars nerds. We all loved it. The last scene with Luke was brilliant. Sorry to have a different opinion than has been offered.
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Why?
Thing is: fans used to love VII at the start... I never did... Maybe it‘ll be the same...
But as I said: I didn‘t dislike it entirely, just thought it was pointless...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge