You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

TV Series Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: TV Series Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Unfortunately series like these get cancelled after 1 season but if there is no market for it, there's nothing that can be done.

They should attempt crowdfunding by their fans. Seasons which get cancelled after one season probably aren't big budget.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Unfortunately series like these get cancelled after 1 season but if there is no market for it, there's nothing that can be done.

They should attempt crowdfunding by their fans. Seasons which get cancelled after one season probably aren't big budget.

Not necessarily the case. This is not indie production we are talking about with unknown actors. Pretty sure it cost AMC a few millions to produce.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Just discovered I have access included to the newly launched Apple TV+ with my Music subscription at no extra cost so guess I’ll be watching a few of their 8 shows so far on it soon. Must say most of them sound really good.

Season 2 of The End of the F***ing World first, though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Yest I saw an interesting fiction film called ex machina.... and I fell in love with the actress named Sonoyo Mizuno.

Apparently atm she is starring in a particular serious
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Yest I saw an interesting fiction film called ex machina.... and I fell in love with the actress named Sonoyo Mizuno.

Apparently atm she is starring in a particular serious

That’s a very good film indeed
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Just finished The English Game. Not totally accurate to real life but it does shed light on a fairly unknown period of football history, and goes much beyond football. Very well written, I recommend it to all of you.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Just discovered I have access included to the newly launched Apple TV+ with my Music subscription at no extra cost so guess I’ll be watching a few of their 8 shows so far on it soon. Must say most of them sound really good.

Season 2 of The End of the F***ing World first, though.

Watch Servant - you won't regret it. Best show of its kind and one of the best I've ever seen. Home before dark and Truth be told were also pretty good. My second favourite was Mythic Quest.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:08 am

Mythic Quest looks very interesting.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Mythic Quest looks very interesting.

the only problem with apple tv+ productions is the fact that as today all their shows are 8 to 10 episodes each, so it's more like they are "extended pilots"...however one can easily see that the quality is there.

I'm looking forward to the second season of Servant (I'm actually binge watching it for the third time :lol: ) and for the first season of Trying which is airing in May. I hope Mythic Quest will have something like two seven-episode runs

I have watched the Outsider, Castle Rock and Sinner, but none of these come close to Servant....you can really feel the difference and that's mainly because of M. Night Shyamalan (the director of the Sixth Sense)
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 pm

I’ve watched two since that post a few months ago, which were part of the original release: Dickinson and Ghostwriter. Both a bit niche and aimed at people in literary circles. I thought Dickinson was great and definitely has the quality you mentioned. I enjoyed Ghostwriter too but it’s a bit silly, nothing special.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I’ve watched two since that post a few months ago, which were part of the original release: Dickinson and Ghostwriter. Both a bit niche and aimed at people in literary circles. I thought Dickinson was great and definitely has the quality you mentioned. I enjoyed Ghostwriter too but it’s a bit silly, nothing special.

cool, I have not watched Dickinson nor Ghostwriter - I think the latter is actually part of their children programming.

Here is the list of all apple tv+ shows:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... pple_TV%2B

next on my list are the morning show and for all mankind - now also Dickinson :wink:
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Yeah Ghostwriter is part of the children’s shows but it’s more of a family-friendly thing than specifically a children’s show.

I want to watch For All Mankind too but seem to have been gravitating more towards Netflix recently.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Been watching "The last Dance " mini-series on espn

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India