You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Today in History

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Today in History

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 09, 2020 6:16 pm

70 years on from the Schuman Declaration. Happy Europe Day!

If that doesn’t trigger you enough ramsej, check out this image. :P

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:70 years on from the Schuman Declaration. Happy Europe Day!

If that doesn’t trigger you enough ramsej, check out this image.

I don't know if I have to laugh or cry tbh...
I don't know who did it or what is the message behind it but it is very offensive... or maybe they are just predicting the future...

Had it been France Nederland or England ok but us....why? Even Hungary ... they just want to play the fools
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 09, 2020 6:48 pm

Why? I thought you told us they’ve taken over, it should be reflective of reality.

Haha honestly I think they just put characters of random races throughout and it’s an unfortunate coincidence (given the situation and political climate, I mean) that they picked that image for Malta.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="Lukas"]Today is a holiday in the uk. People are holding parties at home and yes some see it as a way to celebrate “being British” and “beating the Germans”. For me it is a day for quiet reflection and thanks for the Europe we have today
That is the only they have to beat the Germans

Although it happened thanks to others as well...
The English contribution was probably more defensive, in their ability to hold off the Germans while no one else could, primarily in London and Malta (due to the North Africa campaign). Offensively, which ultimately caused the surrender, is more due to the Americans and Russians from what I know.
The Russians could and did...
Actually, the Russian contribution is far, FAR bigger than anyone else’s...[/quote]Just saw this stat.

https://twitter.com/JeffWooong/status/1 ... 84704?s=09
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="ramsej84"][quote="Lukas"]Today is a holiday in the uk. People are holding parties at home and yes some see it as a way to celebrate “being British” and “beating the Germans”. For me it is a day for quiet reflection and thanks for the Europe we have today
That is the only they have to beat the Germans

Although it happened thanks to others as well...
The English contribution was probably more defensive, in their ability to hold off the Germans while no one else could, primarily in London and Malta (due to the North Africa campaign). Offensively, which ultimately caused the surrender, is more due to the Americans and Russians from what I know.
The Russians could and did...
Actually, the Russian contribution is far, FAR bigger than anyone else’s...[/quote]Just saw this stat.

https://twitter.com/JeffWooong/status/1 ... 84704?s=09[/quote]
Set aside the fact that this guy also doesn’t know what freedom of speech is - he’s got a point nonetheless... But not the way he thinks...
Sure, America likes to be portrayed as the hero... So yes, there's Hollywood...
But another thing:

No Soviet soldier ever set foot in France... See where this is going?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun May 10, 2020 7:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:It was a big mistake to go to the East.
Hitler was obsessed with the East
Had it been someone else in charge and had no problem with the Jews and had no nazi ideology Ger would have conquered the Europe and the US.
GER had to invade Malta and instead left to Russia. By conquering Malta they could have won Africa...
Also a big mistake was Dunkirk... But hitler was still hopeful to bring on his side the German cousins... but he miscalculated that leading them was a drunken sob... one of THe biggest racist in history... probably close to Hitler himself.

Also why did Ger and Japan squeezed Russia? A big question which I always ask myself...

this is wrong on so many levels:

1) Hitler HAD to invade Russia...guess what: he had no understanding of economics and Germany was literally starving due to lack of food and energy sources (oil). He needed food and, above all, oil to continue to wage the war!!! that's why he aimed at Ukraine first (for its food production capacity) and then to the Caucasus: there were most of the Soviet oil fields! Germany had no oil production (excluded sinthetic oil which was very expensive) and decided to stop trading with the rest of the world...the only Axis country with some oil production was Romania, but Romanian oil production was very unstable and it barely matched what Germany needed to fuel its economy....which means excluding all the oil needed by the army.

2) There is no way Nazi Germany and Italy could have won in Africa. Germany had basically no navy compared to the allies except for u-boots. Italy had the best navy after UK but guess what....they had no oil to keep it operating and blockade the Mediterranean.

3) There is literally NO WAY Nazi Germany could have invaded the US....that's your dream ramsej. Back then the United States were the #1 oil producer in the world and, unlike the Germans, could fuel whatever truck, airplane, tank and ship they could build. Their logistics capabilities were no match for the Germans and beside that, Hitler did not want the US in the war!! If invading UK proved to be almost impossible for them, Nazi invading US was science fiction even at that time.

4) Dunkirk was not intentionally allowed by the Germans!! Fact is that because Germany had no oil, they had panzer motorised divisions and the infantry divisions were not motorised at all! The infantry divisions still used horses or their own feet to move and could not catch up with the panzer divisions!! In fact it is well documented (at least if you are keen on studying this subject) that during the French campaign the German general in charge of the motorised divisions (Heinz Gauderian) repeatedly disobeyed Hitler's order to stop their advance and wait for the infantry to catch up! Gauderian went for a Tour de France with its panzer divisions and although very risky, the operation was a success. However, the infantry was way behind the panzer divisions and still involved in liberating cities such as Maubeuge (on the border between Belgium and France) from French troops when Gauderian reached the channel sea!! They tried to catch up as soon as possible but in the meanwhile they had to deploy many of their troops to the avoid the encirclement of the panzer divisions from other French troops coming from the Paris direction! So it is fair enough to say that they tried all they could to seize the Dunkirk pocket but eventually failed.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 10, 2020 8:31 pm

I’m not so sure about your second point. The Axis were largely winning in North Africa but had no supplies. With Malta out of the way that would not have been a problem and they could very well have won North Africa. As strong as the British Navy was, if I’m not mistaken the only other Mediterranean bases were in Gibraltar and Egypt, on opposites ends. Removing the midpoint that Malta was would likely have made the whole fleet crumble, I think. The only way to supply Egypt would have been through India probably.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm

On today's day exactly 30 years ago the Homeland War started before the Serbian Log Revolution and before guns, rifles and tanks and aircraft started to shoot and bomb Croatia and Vukovar. 17 days before the first historic assembly of Croatian parliament(May 30th 1990) after more than a century.

It was in Zagreb at Maksimir stadium, the match between Dinamo Zagreb and Crvena zvezda.

NK Dinamo Zagreb captain Zvonimir Boban was/is the symbol of resistance and hostile behavior in the capital city of Croatia against Yugoslavian regime and Serbian nationalistic aggression. You can hear chants "Zvone! Zvone!" on 12:05 after that kick.
This is how 45+32=77 year long fake 'brotherhood' and 'unity' died, but it started few years before and escalated during the whole 90's.

Boban could have been shot and killed because militia guys were telling the punched comrade to take out the gun and shoot him, but he didn't.

'Coincidence' is that the famous Serbian international thief, criminal, para-military leader, war criminal and mobster Željko Ražnatović also known as Arkan was the leader of fans group "Delije" that day. :D That guy was killed 20 years ago in Serbia, aged 47.
More fascinating, Arkan was also a great friend with one Croat from my city who was also a thief and a criminal, his partner in 'business' in Germany and across Europe before war, but got killed during the attack and siege of Osijek and Arkan ordered 3 days cease fire once he heard about dead of his friend on the enemy's side, heh...

Full video:

25 years after the war ended and Erdut peaceful reintegration of Croatia, relations are in my opinion ridiculous, far from honest, good, fair.
Quite artificial, provocations are constant and the same stuff every year regarding some history events are being repeated and there's no end and real progress and reconciliation. We ordinary people travel, visit and move to each other's countries, but that's not it or it's just partially.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Just realized that this happened before ita90
Hence that reaction of boban during the nat anthem
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 am

100 years ago today The Great Pope St. John Paul II was born
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Today in History

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 18, 2020 5:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:100 years ago today The Great Pope St. John Paul II was born
Surprised you didn’t mention this:

455 years ago the Ottomans invaded Malta.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Today in History

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:100 years ago today The Great Pope St. John Paul II was born
Surprised you didn’t mention this:

455 years ago the Ottomans invaded Malta.

mela, this as well... but I had forgotten it... but not 450 years but 455
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:42 pm

When I saw this I said to myself Congratulations Liverpool

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/sta ... 41536?s=09
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:01 am

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... gno.712102

A martyr who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time... the following day he was set to start his journey to Canada from where he came back three years before.

Onore FratelliImageImage
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Today in History

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge