You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The travel thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The travel thread

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:29 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="#12"]Thanks guys, I'll try my best! ;)

Enjoy and rest yourself. Perhaps you'll find peace with your inner self and have a more positive view on life :wink:

I do have a positive view on life... Just not on Bayern ;)

What's the difference?[/quote]

Thought about the same thing when writing... Thing is: I refuse to be labeled just because I don’t believe in fairy land where you win stuff except doing shitty business and being greatly inferior...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:23 pm

@Maltese users/Valerio/KrampusIsReal (or anyone else who might have visited): any ideas where one could spend a weekend (just Saturday and Sunday) in Sicily?

I don't wish to go to Catania, Taormina or Etna.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:@Maltese users/Valerio/KrampusIsReal (or anyone else who might have visited): any ideas where one could spend a weekend (just Saturday and Sunday) in Sicily?

I don't wish to go to Catania, Taormina or Etna.

i) Giardini Naxos just south of Taormina - nice strand and you may visit Gole D'Alcantara an ice cold stream even in summer - which very close by
ii) Find somewhere close to Etnalalnd spend a day at the waterpark and another one at the theme park
iii) Citta' del Mare to the north - many swimming facilities to keep you busy but there is nothing else nearby
iv) Cefalu' a beautiful quant seaside village to the north
V) if you want to stay away from the sea search somewhere around the Nebrodi - sicily's own mountain range with forest.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Thank you. And how easy is it to get to any of those places from Pozzallo? I'm not sure how well-connected that is. I've only ever been to Sicily on one-day organised tours so always had a coach waiting for me.

I was thinking of spending a weekend there because I just realised there's an offer for U25s for €35 return trip on the catamaran... but in the meantime I realised I could fly to Rome for €20 return instead in November. Decisions...*

*don't put it past me to do both though... but likely not as I have a trip set for September already.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Thank you. And how easy is it to get to any of those places from Pozzallo? I'm not sure how well-connected that is. I've only ever been to Sicily on one-day organised tours so always had a coach waiting for me.

I was thinking of spending a weekend there because I just realised there's an offer for U25s for €35 return trip on the catamaran... but in the meantime I realised I could fly to Rome for €20 return instead in November. Decisions...

erm transport is a different thing in Sicily - I had rented a car but stayed away from Catania or Palermo - I think if you search you'll find connections to Etnaland / Giardini Naxos - https://www.siciliashuttleservice.it/the-fun-never-ends-at-etnaland-theme-park/?lang=en.
It maybe harder to get to the places to the north but if you find a lodging you may just ask them eg. Citta' del Mare
Sometimes there are shouts on Facebook pages RUBS / Is-Salott about reputable taxi firms - I have never visited Rome but someone from there told me that Autumn is the best month to visit because the sun and the trees give it a different colour.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:38 pm

I've been to Rome before, but only for one day and I was very young. I don't really remember it. It's never been high on my to-visit list (most of Italy isn't) and I'll also be making a stop there in a family cruise next year, but it is kind of a place you have to visit at some point in your life (Sistine Chapel, Coloseum...). At that price I might just do it. I've been looking it up a bit since my post and calculated that I can do 3.5 days for about €220 which includes flights, accommodation, city tax, meals, transport, and 3 entrance fees (remember I get student prices everywhere ;) ). That's unbelievably cheap so it might be the time to do it even if it's not so high up my priority list.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've been to Rome before, but only for one day and I was very young. I don't really remember it. It's never been high on my to-visit list (most of Italy isn't) and I'll also be making a stop there in a family cruise next year, but it is kind of a place you have to visit at some point in your life (Sistine Chapel, Coloseum...). At that price I might just do it. I've been looking it up a bit since my post and calculated that I can do 3.5 days for about €220 which includes flights, accommodation, city tax, meals, transport, and 3 entrance fees (remember I get student prices everywhere ;) ). That's unbelievably cheap so it might be the time to do it even if it's not so high up my priority list.
Rome is beautiful...
Been there for three days.
I wish I could have stayed longer
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Rome is beautiful...
Been there for three days.
I wish I could have stayed longer

I'll think about it. With September planned it would put me in a situation where I've practically gone abroad every 2 months this year if I do it. :D And I wouldn't want it any other way. My friends keep teasing me that I'm always travelling but my philosophy is that I want to my 20s to be the time of my life in which I went all over Europe (and maybe beyond) rather than spend them in an office or classroom somewhere like most of said friends. And the reality is they probably spend more than me anyway. :P I pick very cheap holidays (as you can see above) and in Malta I spend very little... I rarely dine out for example and only get one or two drinks when I go out. I know people who spend some €30-40 every night of the weekend (so over a €100 a week just for the weekend).

I haven't done it yet but at some point I will probably go on a longer holiday and carry my laptop with me. I could work mornings or evenings while travelling and have the holiday pay for itself. The important thing for me is that I always make a profit at the end of the month so I am still saving up for when I eventually decide to settle down etc.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:15 pm

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Venice is known for these horror stories. If I'm not mistaken the council works hard to protect people from these prices.

I will be there for one day in April. I think I'll probably take a packed lunch to play it safe.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Venice is known for these horror stories. If I'm not mistaken the council works hard to protect people from these prices.

I will be there for one day in April. I think I'll probably take a packed lunch to play it safe.
A Gondola,ride may costs you €90
Never been, but my advice is to eat from secondary streets...
From the piazza you will be robbed
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:58 pm

I visited many years ago when I was very young. I do have some memories of it.

This time it will be a stop during a cruise. Probably no gondolas.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to The Lounge