You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Come on Golden State! Make California proud tonight! 8)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 am

Curry was phenomenal tonight. Put on a masterclass in shooting =D> Looks like the he really wants the Finals MVP this time! LeBron and Love were good for the Cavs but Curry just exploded in the 4th quarter!

Here’s hoping for another ring for the great start of California! \:D/ :-({|=
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:03 am

I'm glad for you that your team is winning, but "Golden State" does not represent California. They are a Bay Area team.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:11 am

Aren’t they representing California as mich as Bayern would be representing Germany in a CL final?
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 am

A more appropriate representation probably would be that Golden State represent California as much as Bayern represent the rest of Bavaria in the Bundesliga. There's no reason for me as an American to support Bay Area over Cleveland, even Southern California is in the same state. The people that support Bayern outside of the Munich area support Bayern probably more because they win, but you have many people in "Bavaria" that dislike Bayern and would cheer for Schalke or something because they hate what Bayern represents. I mean it's the same with anything people aren't uniform and sure you'll find people that support Golden State for being from California. But SoCal and NorCal are quite different and they should be two different states.

If Golden State was going up against the Spanish champions, sure I'd support them I guess. But in my opinion here in Southern California, the few fanboys we have here support them more because they won a couple championships. Feels like most Southern Californians either don't care or dislike them. It's hard to draw an accurate comparison because the leagues aren't the same, and Golden State/Bayern is a lazy comparison. For us it's the Los Angeles teams that usually have dominated, so why should we care if San Francisco gets a couple. Oakland Raiders were massively supported in LA because they came from LA, and they'll continue to be supported in LA even when they move to Nevada. Despite the fact they moved two teams to LA, one of which I supported even when they left to go to St. Louis.

What I am saying is American and European sports are just too different to be compared on an equivalent basis.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:36 am

My team is actually the Lakers and we’ve been a third tier team for a while now and were declining even before Kobe retired.

You’re right about American sport being different to European ones but you just mentioned that there are many Bavarians outside Munich who support Bayern, same reasoning for me, I’d rather another ring for Cali than Cleveland/LeBron.

Also, you have to appreciate greatness! Watching KD, Curry, Klay and Green on song is like an art work. These guys are playing beautiful basketball and sometimes you have to sit back and admire that.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:01 pm

The ISSF World Cup lands in Malta for the very first time ISSF World Cup Shotgun [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: The

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:50 pm

pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

pyrasur wrote:A more appropriate representation probably would be that Golden State represent California as much as Bayern represent the rest of Bavaria in the Bundesliga. There's no reason for me as an American to support Bay Area over Cleveland, even Southern California is in the same state. The people that support Bayern outside of the Munich area support Bayern probably more because they win, but you have many people in "Bavaria" that dislike Bayern and would cheer for Schalke or something because they hate what Bayern represents. I mean it's the same with anything people aren't uniform and sure you'll find people that support Golden State for being from California. But SoCal and NorCal are quite different and they should be two different states.

If Golden State was going up against the Spanish champions, sure I'd support them I guess. But in my opinion here in Southern California, the few fanboys we have here support them more because they won a couple championships. Feels like most Southern Californians either don't care or dislike them. It's hard to draw an accurate comparison because the leagues aren't the same, and Golden State/Bayern is a lazy comparison. For us it's the Los Angeles teams that usually have dominated, so why should we care if San Francisco gets a couple. Oakland Raiders were massively supported in LA because they came from LA, and they'll continue to be supported in LA even when they move to Nevada. Despite the fact they moved two teams to LA, one of which I supported even when they left to go to St. Louis.

What I am saying is American and European sports are just too different to be compared on an equivalent basis.

I know... Was only about your remark that made me wonder...

Never knew you were from California btw - awesome! I love SoCal!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:41 pm

America USA wrote:My team is actually the Lakers and we’ve been a third tier team for a while now and were declining even before Kobe retired.

You’re right about American sport being different to European ones but you just mentioned that there are many Bavarians outside Munich who support Bayern, same reasoning for me, I’d rather another ring for Cali than Cleveland/LeBron.

Also, you have to appreciate greatness! Watching KD, Curry, Klay and Green on song is like an art work. These guys are playing beautiful basketball and sometimes you have to sit back and admire that.

Fair enough... But while I don’t particularly like James: when you mention appreciating greatness, you should... ;)
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:45 am

This team is unbelievable. If Curry won’t blow you away then Klay will and then there’s Durant =D>
Behind by 13 in the first quarter at one stage but end up winning by eight! Elite Mentality. This is an insanely talented team that GSW have assembled. As good as a player LeBron is, he can’t win another ring until this GSW team is around.

I think the ring is coming home this Friday night! Long live Cali! :D
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 am

Wow... in India
Pro Kabbadi
https://youtu.be/y8Ic1ZTvXrA

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:40 am

LeSweep 4-0 :lol: The “greatest player” of his generation has now been swept twice in the Finals.

Truth be told though, this GSW team is something else. Possibly the most complete basketball team in the modern era. Even if LeBron had prime Kobe on his Cavs team, they would still not beat this GSW team. Feel a bit sorry for Curry who once again misses out on the FMVP!

Gold Standard Warriors =D> If only Lakers could be half as good as them :(
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Lukas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:26 am

So this happened...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44431264

I was there. The most embarrassing defeat in the history of English cricket :oops:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44507276

More disgraceful from an english team. And people wonder why I do not support most English teams or individuals, in fact I downright hate them.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge