You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Official Photography Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Official Photography Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Riviera Beach, - Ghajn Tuffieha.
Later on the beach and the one near by was full of pplImageImageImageImage
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Bogoyavlenie / Yordanovden.

One of the most popular Christianity feasts, celebrating the consecration of the holy cross. Yordanovden/ Epiphany is a popular feast in the traditional Bulgarian calendar. It is associated with the belief that during the night before the feast the sky opens up and whoever makes a wish at that moment it will come true. The key rituals on Yordanovden day are related to the beliefs in the healthy power of water. On that day, during the church service, water is consecrated. After the service, the priest throws the cross into the river and according to the traditions bachelors swim into the icy waters to take it out. Whoever takes it out is supposed to be healthy and happy. He should go around the village with the cross in his hands and everybody should give him gifts. If the cross dropped in the river freezes that means that the year is going to be very healthy and fruitful. A number of rituals with consecrated water are performed on Yordanovden day - early in the morning a pure girl washes the home icon; sick people are sprinkled or bathed with water from the river where the cross was dropped, and then everyone washes their faces and hands for good health.

Prettily dressed residents from 10 to 50 years of age jump into the ice cold waters of the river and try to catch the cross. The tradition requires that the youngest of them all should pass the cross to the priest. The observers shed tears, thrilled by the solemn religious ritual. Spontaneously part of them wade into the river. There are thousands of them - happy, smiling, cold but eager to fulfill the undying tradition.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 am

^ How long does it take for the balls to fall back into the sack? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 am

MUTU wrote:^ How long does it take for the balls to fall back into the sack?
Not much..
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:59 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Not much..

Have you ever tried that? :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Fénix wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
Not much..

Have you ever tried that? :)
Once - in 2015, and it was - 11 degrees all day long..
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:47 pm

@ the annual Baroque Fest.

I am in Anglican Church for the first time in Malta...

St. Paul's Cathedral
ImageImageImage
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:13 am

I had some work Christmas drinks in its underground crypt (which is apparently a bar/cafeteria) and was told the cathedral is actually on sale as it needs a lot of expensive renovation.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:50 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I had some work Christmas drinks in its underground crypt (which is apparently a bar/cafeteria) and was told the cathedral is actually on sale as it needs a lot of expensive renovation.

veru? -

:lol: and with Brexit on the horizon it will soon have less patrons !

look on which site they build it, I knew it but had forgotten all about it!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

The Official Photography Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:16 am

Don't know if it's true but that's what I was told.

Apparently also there is a story (which my friend swears is true) that if you look at the Valletta skyline from a distance, you notice two things standing out: the spire of this Anglican cathedral and the large dome of a Catholic church (not sure which one it is, there are so many in Valletta). The dome is just slightly taller than the Anglican spire, from a distance it looks like a very tiny difference. The story goes that the Maltese Catholics were too proud to let the English have the tallest building in the city so they purposely built a dome which is just about taller than it. :lol:

Not my photo
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 am

Nice place, pity if it is lost, due to the historical value - I had read that after the British built their protestant cathedral in Valletta, the catholic church didn't like the fact that it's spire dominated the Valletta skyline from the Sliema side so eventually the massive slightly higher dome of the carmelite catholic church mushroomed next to it.

This is an old photo from the land side of Valletta (right hand side of the pic below) shows the lone spire with the small Carmelite Church bell tower slightly to the right of it.

This is how the view from Sliema today - the previous Carmelite church bell tower can be seen next to the dome.

There are at least another 2 much smaller protestant churches that I know of.

One is also in Valletta - The St. Andrew's Scots Church which belongs to the Church of Scotland. Below this church there is a meeting place for the German Evangelical denomination called the Evangelische Andreas Gemeinde Malta

The other is The Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Sliema which belongs to the Church of England - the architecture of this one always fascinates me and reminds me of some English village church.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:34 am

the Madonna tal-Karmnu.

and rightly so ... no ? 8)

from a distance they look to be one ... !
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

where is that in Sliema ? I can't picture it
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Don't know if it's true but that's what I was told.

Apparently also there is a story (which my friend swears is true) that if you look at the Valletta skyline from a distance, you notice two things standing out: the spire of this Anglican cathedral and the large dome of a Catholic church (not sure which one it is, there are so many in Valletta). The dome is just slightly taller than the Anglican spire, from a distance it looks like a very tiny difference. The story goes that the Maltese Catholics were too proud to let the English have the tallest building in the city so they purposely built a dome which is just about taller than it. :lol:

Not my photo

Was writing about the same thing when you posted about the same story :D I had read this somewhere myself but I can't remember where but the old photo in my post shows how the spire dwarfed their Carmelite church bell tower :)
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 am

what do you think about the location on which the Anglican Cathedral was build?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge