You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Ghosts thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Ghosts thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Make of this what you will.

On Wednesday evening I visited the South Bridge Vaults in Edinburgh, often considered to be the most haunted place in Britain. There are many stories of different ghosts down there which many different people have experienced, studies and surveys of supernatural experiences in the area have been conducted and so on. Even when people don’t see or feel anything they often do in photos later and contact the company, though how credible these are is uncertain.

The most notorious and only violent one among them is The Watcher (or Mr Boots). He is known to wander from vault to vault watching the groups who visit and sometimes threatens people telling them to get out.

A post-visit experience that comes up time and again and has done so for over 20 years is that people claim to have found random scratches on their body after visiting, done by The Watcher. It is one of just two experiences our guide claims to have had, and you can easily find plenty of claims online which show that at the very least it’s not just a story the company made up and people really do say they experienced this. In 2008 the tv programme ‘Most Haunted’ visited the place (in what is said to be one of their most violent episodes ever) and one of the crew members also got scratched inexplicably.

Yesterday afternoon as I was looking closely at the mirror I noticed quite a long scratch on my forehead. It looks too geometrical to be accidental, nothing happened during the day that could have caused it and in any case it was covered for most of the day, and I’ve double-checked with photos from Wednesday afternoon and confirmed it wasn’t there before my visit.

Wouldn’t have thought much about but given scratches were specifically highlighted, it makes you wonder.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:44 am

Great story bro.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:00 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Great story bro.

Hahahaha like I said, make of it what you will, but it really is weird.

The scratch is almost gone today though still a bit visible, but I do have photos of it from yesterday.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Great story bro.

Hahahaha like I said, make of it what you will, but it really is weird.

The scratch is almost gone today though still a bit visible, but I do have photos of it from yesterday.

I believe you man.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:40 pm

So, Daniel, wild night huh? :D
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Not at all, I was in bed by 11 after a long day of travelling. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thomasd60 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'll begin by saying that I don't quite believe in this stuff. I'm very sceptical about the existence of ghosts even after I experienced this.

For context: Mdina is Malta's former capital city. "Evidence of settlements in Mdina goes back to before 4000 BC. It was possibly first fortified by the [Phoenicians] around 700 BC, because of its strategic location on one of the highest points on the island and as far from the sea as possible. When Malta had been under the control of the Roman Empire, the Roman Governor built his palace there. Legend has it that it was here, in around 60 CE, that Paul the Apostle lived after his shipwreck on the islands rachat de credit bancaire. Mdina owes its present architecture to the Arab period, from 870 until the Normans conquered Malta in 1091. They surrounded the city with thick defensive fortifications and a wide moat, separating it from its nearest town, Rabat." (Wikipedia)

Once I was walking at night in Mdina, which is still a very eerie experience as Mdina is known as the Silent City; very few people live there and cars are not allowed within the walls of the city so there is hardly any noise and light pollution. Anyone one of the large houses had its front door open about halfway and as I was walking along I peered in. Inside were three elderly women seated around a table playing cards. Notably, however, they were walking clothes that would have dated back to at least the 19th century, although I am no fashion expert.

Probably just a bunch of old women wearing their great-grandparents' clothes, but you never know. :P

I have one more (even less tangible experience) and have heard one or two stories. I'll post them later.

Yes you were right to quote wikipedia below. Like that, we know where you got all this very useful information.
Thomasd60
First post

Previous

Return to The Lounge