You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Ghosts thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Ghosts thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:30 am

Not exactly a ghost,but..who knows. :)

In 1968, at the age of 16, Anneliese Michel began suffering from convulsions. By 1973, Anneliese had developed such a strong psychosis that she would hallucinate while praying, see demon faces throughout the day and hear voices declaring that she was damned. She would also make what were described as "demon faces," rip her clothes off, eat coal, and lick up her own urine. In addition, she became completely intolerant of religious symbols and could not partake of holy water. For a majority of the time Anneliese was experiencing these psychoses, she was committed to a psychiatric hospital, where she was prescribed a variety of drugs, none of which seemed to help.

By 1975, Anneliese and her family, tired of the lack of progress made with conventional medicine, decided to turn to the Catholic Church which determined that Anneliese Michel was suffering from a demonic possession. Over a ten month period, Anneliese underwent seventy-six exorcisms, and eventually died from starvation when she refused to eat.

The only thing that makes me believe this even slightly is how she speaks better Latin than I do after full semester of study. :D :D
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:35 am

ramsej84 wrote:I believe wholeheartedly.

York... been there ... the place looks exactly like that... even to coffee shops....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I don't remember whether I posted them here but I have had a couple of experiences, but I never saw or felt anything. Just a bunch of weird stuff happening in places where either you kind of expect a ghost story or in a house I've heard strange (but not particularly inexplicable) stories about. In both cases I was with the same person and he felt something more than I did. Still, since I never felt anything myself I'm not convinced. I think the places might predispose someone towards certain thoughts.

A related question to everyone, but especially the religious users: do you believe in possession and do you think it's related to ghosts? I'm not so sure about it myself (although my inclination is non-existent) but I believe that if it exists it is likely attributable to spirits rather than demons and such.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 am

ramsej84 wrote:the story is this. In the middle of the night an Arab couple went half dressed (both) to the village police station. (now the fact that an Arab couple go out in the middle of the night half naked already indicates that something really nasty happened to them)
They told the police that they saw a woman coming out from a picture !!!
To cut the long story short in this apartment a young woman was brutally killed some years before...

I saw this a few days ago :P

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 am

Possessions exist ... and not only Catholics believe so, even Judaism and Islam.
Having said that not all cases result in being so, this is admitted by some exorcists.

If there are the spirits , ghosts (both good or evil) there are God and the devil
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If there are the spirits , ghosts (both good or evil) there are God and the devil

That's not a logical certainty though :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:09 pm

I like certain pastas to be honest. But why people invest so much time into this still eludes me. The more you believe in paranormal, the more likely it is to 'happen' to you, it seems.

What is interesting, though, is how theology, christian for example, treats these beliefs. While it in principle strongly opposes any kind of heretic layer of reality, It is almost as if the church intentionaly nods to all kinds of beasts of superstition as long as those beasts drive the cattle in their general direction.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 am

I don't know whether I've posted any here but there things which are very hard to explain happen every now and then at my friend's house or in the street it's in. In every case it's experienced by exactly two people (so it can't be just imagination) and I've experienced quite a few myself over the years.

Last night there was one strange experience and another two creepy ones (which could or could not be ghost-related). The strange one is that we were talking and he has this leather football from the 40s or something as a decoration near the roof of his room, with a cap on it. As we are talking the cap, which has been there for years, suddenly falls down without anyone touching it or the shelf it's on. I happened to be looking straight at the ball and cap when it happened. There definitely wasn't any movement anywhere nearby.

I'm starting to believe there really is something about that house, and I'm slowly forming a theory about the ghost there. I will post more about it and the other experiences if anyone's interested. As I said I don't remember whether I've done so.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't know whether I've posted any here but there things which are very hard to explain happen every now and then at my friend's house or in the street it's in. In every case it's experienced by exactly two people (so it can't be just imagination) and I've experienced quite a few myself over the years.

Last night there was one strange experience and another two creepy ones (which could or could not be ghost-related). The strange one is that we were talking and he has this leather football from the 40s or something as a decoration near the roof of his room, with a cap on it. As we are talking the cap, which has been there for years, suddenly falls down without anyone touching it or the shelf it's on. I happened to be looking straight at the ball and cap when it happened. There definitely wasn't any movement anywhere nearby.

I'm starting to believe there really is something about that house, and I'm slowly forming a theory about the ghost there. I will post more about it and the other experiences if anyone's interested. As I said I don't remember whether I've done so.
Yes pls
We want more
We want more
We want more

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

The Ghosts thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 pm

The story has gotten slightly more creepy since I posted this morning.

Let me begin with the other two (not necessarily inexplicable stories from yesterday). So basically the cap thing happened probably around 10:30 - 11:00 pm, a short while after the Brazil game. We stayed up very late last night (my friend didn't want to sleep because he was very nervous about something today and I wasn't tired so I stayed along) and around 1 am, I was talking to my friend and I asked "What is it?" and he replied "E. Camilleri" (for the non-Maltese: a name). I was like WTF because it had nothing to do with what I was talking about, so I asked "what?" and he said it again. At this point I realised he had snoozed off so I raised my voice a bit and asked him what he was saying. This woke him and apparently he had a 5-second sleep/dream in which was on the bed in the same position he was in real life, in which he heard me ask "What is it?" (as in real life... We usually talk in Maltese but I happened to ask this in English, both in real life and in the dream), but in which he was holding an envelope with "E. Camilleri" written on it. Basically, the dream was exactly like real life (probably he wasn't fully asleep) except with the addition of this mysterious invisible envelope. Neither of us know an E. Camilleri.

That is weird in itself, but he told me that this morning he asked his mum about the family that used to live there before and they were Camilleri-Bowman. They're still alive, but I suppose it's possible that a parent (who might just have the Camilleri part of the surname) died in the house. Interesting, I would like to learn more about this family...

A while later around 2 am we went out for a drive and on the way back decided to buy ice cream. We parked the car in the street in front of the house and sat inside eating the ice cream when a black cat showed up. My friend superstitiously commented that black cats bring bad luck (as I said, he was nervous about something today) and as soon as he said that the cat literally sat there right next to the car door on my side, staring straight at us for about two minutes. I don't mind cats at all but this one made me feel very uncomfortable, as if a person was staring at me. It wouldn't move even as I shooed it until it eventually went away on its own. We stayed in the car talking for a while and at 3 am we went out and I walked to my own car at the end of the street. As I was walking I felt a really strong urge to look back and at the end of the street (quite a distance away) I saw the same cat dead centre in the middle of the road standing still and staring at me. I looked back again 1-2 seconds later and he was nowhere to be seen. It was like in horror films or something. Obviously both of these stories can have logical explanations, but they were strange and at the same time creepy.

Also yesterday just before the Germany game his mum came in and asked him why he had called her and my friend said he hadn't. She wouldn't believe it until I told her he definitely hadn't called her in the 15 minutes I'd been there. Now this has an even more logical explanation than the others, and it's obviously normal to mishear. It's hard to say anything about supernatural things when it only happens to one person. But it reminded me of a story from a few months ago. Again we were in the street walking towards my friend's car which was parked more or less where I was yesterday. His mum had also come down to bring something from her car. As we were walking at one point we both heard her calling him, so we turned back and he asked what and she swears she didn't say anything, let alone call, and didn't hear anyone call anything herself. We both did though. Same voice and same word. Now that I think about it we were around the same part of the street I felt the urge to look back from yesterday. Basically in both cases someone heard a voice calling out to them, in a voice which was realistic in the situation, but it wasn't them and the person to whom the voice belongs didn't hear anything.

The theory I'm forming is that the ghost (if it is one) is good (nothing bad has ever happened) but he/she was a lonely person. Many of the things which happen seem to be trying to keep the family at home. This calling out is one example. Another experience he and I had about a year ago was when I was about to leave (at night) and we were talking near the apartment door (door open) when suddenly we both hear a small noise from behind us - the room behind us is only used on special occasions and there wasn't anyone - and the light outside lighting the stairs suddenly went out. The light bulb was still fully functioning. We turned it on normally again later. It felt as if instead of about to leave, we had just arrived home for the night so we would have switched off the light... Kind of like trying to keep us there.

Another case, which I didn't experience myself but which was also experienced by 2 people (both of whom I know) is similar. They were going out and my friend unlocked the front door but again they stopped to talk. Both remember the door unlocking but when they moved to go out it was locked again.

There have been other minor stories but these are the ones which really stood out over the years.

Edit: oh and also, in 9 years of going to my friend's house I have never noticed a stray cat in the street before.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Stopped reading where you finished about the cat... but I wanted to comment before cont reading...

My late grandma used to warn us to never speak to animals after midnight

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:49 pm

I have had pet dogs and I’ve “spoken” with them countless times in the night if they wake me up or if I’m going to bed really late so if speaking to animals after midnight was a problem I should probably be dead by now :lol:

Also, let me put this out here again: Ghost stories are fun and all but there’s no such thing as ghosts. I used to be a hardcore believer in the paranormal some years ago but now I cannot find it in myself to believe in nonsense like ghosts et cetra!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:16 pm

America USA wrote:I have had pet dogs and I’ve “spoken” with them countless times in the night if they wake me up or if I’m going to bed really late so if speaking to animals after midnight was a problem I should probably be dead by now :lol:

Also, let me put this out here again: Ghost stories are fun and all but there’s no such thing as ghosts. I used to be a hardcore believer in the paranormal some years ago but now I cannot find it in myself to believe in nonsense like ghosts et cetra!

Not your pets 8)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Stopped reading where you finished about the cat... but I wanted to comment before cont reading...

My late grandma used to warn us to never speak to animals after midnight

Interesting. Never heard this one before
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:00 pm

America USA wrote:I have had pet dogs and I’ve “spoken” with them countless times in the night if they wake me up or if I’m going to bed really late so if speaking to animals after midnight was a problem I should probably be dead by now :lol:

The funny thing is I don't believe in most things but ghosts and so on have always been something I'm unsure of. There are just so many stories out there including by people who would never believe in such things if they didn't experience them. I'm not sure I believe in them, but I don't deny the possibility either.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to The Lounge