You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

the food and drink thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am

https://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/what-foo ... years-ago/

Heritage Malta is working on reviving centuries old recipes.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25671 times
Been thanked: 5082 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Had some exquisite snails ... as a starter Image
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25671 times
Been thanked: 5082 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25671 times
Been thanked: 5082 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:20 am



I really want to try that. I wonder if there will be a way to get it in Malta. It's not expensive.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 34444
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 10148 times
Been thanked: 8214 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 am

Heads up for the Maltese members who wish to try some Bavarian delicacies, this week LIDL currently has in stock this assortment.
Alpenfest at LIDL

I stocked some sausages, späzle, leberkäse, pork knuckles and needless to say, the Weissbier which I haven't tried it yet but @ 79c and expiry date July 2019, it's worth a try. Point to note - If you only see the other beer cans on the shelves, ask for it because they messed up. On Monday I went straight for it but after picking a whole pack from the shelf and queuing to pay, they spent some 20 mins calling managers and going around because they didn't have the code in the system to cash it out and apart from the killer looks from the piling up queue behind me, I ended up leaving them there. Today I returned and this time they weren't on the shelves but asked for them and if the code issue had been cleared and they brought it out from the in shop store and checked out fine. :D :cheers:
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 489 times
Been thanked: 709 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 am

I find the weisswurst at M4
I had them for breakfast last Sunday :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25671 times
Been thanked: 5082 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Perhaps slightly related, I saw on facebook that on the 19th at the airport there's going to be a beer tasting event Oktoberfest event where you get to taste 6 beers + finger food for €15. No idea what they mean by "taste" though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 34444
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 10148 times
Been thanked: 8214 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Get the sweet mustard... That stiff is soooo **** delicious...

Hey MUTU, can you get tickets for the fanclub? Probably not right?

If we planned ahead long enough and if you guys had tickets we could do a forum discussion at the Wiesn
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13099
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 3165 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Perhaps slightly related, I saw on facebook that on the 19th at the airport there's going to be a beer tasting event Oktoberfest event where you get to taste 6 beers + finger food for €15. No idea what they mean by "taste" though.
19.09 we play in the UCL
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25671 times
Been thanked: 5082 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:11 pm

#12 wrote:Get the sweet mustard... That stiff is soooo **** delicious...

Hey MUTU, can you get tickets for the fanclub? Probably not right?

If we planned ahead long enough and if you guys had tickets we could do a forum discussion at the Wiesn

Probably yes but we need the fanclub kickstarted properly. Nobody wants to handle the responsibility of the membership cards, and I don't have the time myself. This is a fresh call for volunteers :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 37338
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6782 times
Been thanked: 10019 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Get the sweet mustard... That stiff is soooo **** delicious...

Hey MUTU, can you get tickets for the fanclub? Probably not right?

If we planned ahead long enough and if you guys had tickets we could do a forum discussion at the Wiesn

Probably yes but we need the fanclub kickstarted properly. Nobody wants to handle the responsibility of the membership cards, and I don't have the time myself. This is a fresh call for volunteers :)


Not a member and don’t tell me about time

But I'll get the tables if it works out ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13099
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 3165 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 am

ramsej84 wrote:I find the weisswurst at M4
I had them for breakfast last Sunday :)

Somebody told me that Miracle Foods is alsostocking on some Gemran food, though I've never visited yet.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Perhaps slightly related, I saw on facebook that on the 19th at the airport there's going to be a beer tasting event Oktoberfest event where you get to taste 6 beers + finger food for €15. No idea what they mean by "taste" though.

Those local 'Oktoberfest' usually turn out to be sooooo disappointing. The last one I've visited was organised at smart City some 2-3 years ago and the only Bavarian items were just some flags and a single Paulaner stand selling just Hell beer. The remainder were food stalls that you'll find at any local public event - there was even a Grill & More Swiss food stall but no sign of the Bavarian Sausage guy who is in Sliema and Pama.
Then there were some staff wearing sorry imitations of 'green lederhosen and dirindils' which they must have brought from ebay but the cherry on the cake was the ambience music. The guy in charge just thought it was a great idea to put on loop any playlist of 'GERMAN' marches and so I was in disbelief when I heard Prüssens Gloria and Königgrätzer (aka Indiana Jones book burning march) playing along with some other usual Blasmusik. #-o

#12 wrote:Get the sweet mustard... That stiff is soooo **** delicious...

Yeah what is Weisswurst without that delicious Senf, but there is already a packet included with the Weisswurst which is enough, a whole jar would be too much though.
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 489 times
Been thanked: 709 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 am

Somehow that doesn't surprise me at all
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 34444
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 10148 times
Been thanked: 8214 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I find the weisswurst at M4
I had them for breakfast last Sunday :)

Somebody told me that Miracle Foods is alsostocking on some Gemran food, though I've never visited yet.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Perhaps slightly related, I saw on facebook that on the 19th at the airport there's going to be a beer tasting event Oktoberfest event where you get to taste 6 beers + finger food for €15. No idea what they mean by "taste" though.

Those local 'Oktoberfest' usually turn out to be sooooo disappointing. The last one I've visited was organised at smart City some 2-3 years ago and the only Bavarian items were just some flags and a single Paulaner stand selling just Hell beer. The remainder were food stalls that you'll find at any local public event - there was even a Grill & More Swiss food stall but no sign of the Bavarian Sausage guy who is in Sliema and Pama.
Then there were some staff wearing sorry imitations of 'green lederhosen and dirindils' which they must have brought from ebay but the cherry on the cake was the ambience music. The guy in charge just thought it was a great idea to put on loop any playlist of 'GERMAN' marches and so I was in disbelief when I heard Prüssens Gloria and Königgrätzer (aka Indiana Jones book burning march) playing along with some other usual Blasmusik. #-o

#12 wrote:Get the sweet mustard... That stiff is soooo **** delicious...

Yeah what is Weisswurst without that delicious Senf, but there is already a packet included with the Weisswurst which is enough, a whole jar would be too much though.


There can never be too much sweet mustard... The Weisswurscht is merely a carrier for it
Is the one included Händlmaier? That’s the best one IMHO...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13099
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 3165 times
Gender: Male

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:42 pm

I bought some stuff from Lidl yesterday as per your advice :) It was quite good.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 37338
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6782 times
Been thanked: 10019 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest