You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey guys, I was thinking of buying a PS4 console and wanted some inputs. I haven't been too much into gaming in a while now, last Playstation I owned was PS2. Obviously I've done research on google but I still would like you opinion because I've seen you guys play a lot. What kind of "package" should I get? Without a game or a game included? Does it make any difference cost wise? And is there a big difference between PS4 slim and the normal one in terms of graphics and stuff? Any other tips would be welcomed.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm

No difference at all with slim except if you talk about the Pro...
Just get what is cheapest for you - for games bundles just compare them to current standalone console and game price combined...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:Hey guys, I was thinking of buying a PS4 console and wanted some inputs. I haven't been too much into gaming in a while now, last Playstation I owned was PS2. Obviously I've done research on google but I still would like you opinion because I've seen you guys play a lot. What kind of "package" should I get? Without a game or a game included? Does it make any difference cost wise? And is there a big difference between PS4 slim and the normal one in terms of graphics and stuff? Any other tips would be welcomed.
Same here, before I got my 2nd hand ps4 my last console was ps2 (psp also)
I still need to start playing online though
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 pm

Also depends on whether the games interest you or not. A second controller might be more worth it if you want couch co-op.

I had gotten a bundle deal with 2 controllers + Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and Driveclub. Had never played any of the series but knew I would enjoy the first two. On the whole I don't see the bundles with just one newly released game as worth it because you can start by playing different games and that game will drop in price quickly.

Don't go for Pro unless you have a 4k TV
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:27 am

shpati_L1 wrote:Hey guys, I was thinking of buying a PS4 console and wanted some inputs. I haven't been too much into gaming in a while now, last Playstation I owned was PS2. Obviously I've done research on google but I still would like you opinion because I've seen you guys play a lot. What kind of "package" should I get? Without a game or a game included? Does it make any difference cost wise? And is there a big difference between PS4 slim and the normal one in terms of graphics and stuff? Any other tips would be welcomed.

A lot of times I see promo bundles/packages selling the console with a game for the same price as just the console, so you're basically getting a game for free. Even if you don't like it, worth trying if only to sell. Most of them are priced pretty much the same regardless of what game is included, so really just whatever you want, or whatever you think you can sell.

AFAIK the "Slim" *is* the "normal" PS4 now. They don't make the "old" non-Pro non-slim PS4s anymore, to my knowledge.
The Pro is worth the extra money IMO *if* you have a 4K TV, but if you don't I wouldn't bother. If you don't have the cash to spare it's no biggie. Non-Pro PS4 on 4k TV is still awesome for sure, nothing wrong with it at all. The difference isn't huge TBH, but it's noticeable. You'll be perfectly happy with either I think.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks a lot guys. I'll probably buy one in the summer when I'm done with this years Uni so I still have some time to decide. What about some cheaper second hand PS4 with extra games that someone is selling? Or there is a reason that person is selling it in the first place haha.

Edit:

Because I found a second hand PS4 500GB with two controllers and around 15 games with it such as Fifa 18, Red Dead Redemption 2 etc for 270 euros and I'm kind of tempted to get it.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:47 am

In my subjective opinion, grown ass men playing video games is pretty immature. But people can do whatever they want to with their money and spare time.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 am

America USA wrote:In my subjective opinion, grown ass men playing video games is pretty immature. But people can do whatever they want to with their money and spare time.

Like watching movies as you JUST told us?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:50 am

So I bought the PS4 + 2 controllers for 300 euros. Any good games that you guys can recommend? Some cheaper ones maybe because I will probably not have much time to play.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:55 am

Not sure what ass men are doing playing video games tbh
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:12 am

shpati_L1 wrote:So I bought the PS4 + 2 controllers for 300 euros. Any good games that you guys can recommend? Some cheaper ones maybe because I will probably not have much time to play.

Any indication of what you like?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:32 am

pyrasur wrote:Not sure what ass men are doing playing video games tbh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTY9Rll2RB0
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
shpati_L1 wrote:So I bought the PS4 + 2 controllers for 300 euros. Any good games that you guys can recommend? Some cheaper ones maybe because I will probably not have much time to play.

I will probably just play at home with my gf and friends for fun. I'm not really interested in other stuff. So good fun co-op games for me it is I guess.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:37 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I will probably just play at home with my gf and friends for fun. I'm not really interested in other stuff. So good fun co-op games for me it is I guess.

Have you considered choose-your-own-adventure games? Until Dawn, Life is Strange, Beyond: Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead are some examples. Not really co-op games, and they're not heavy on gameplay at all, but I've found that going through these types of games with friends (and girlfriends :P) increase the level of fun so much because you get to talk about the decisions you're making.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:24 pm

I don't play much co-op but I played a really fun (and really cheap download) CTR/Mario Kart style game, Beach Buggy Racing. Then there's FIFA of course, although probably not with gf. :mrgreen:

Choose-your-own-adventure is an interesting suggestion and I've yet to play one I didn't enjoy (although I always played them alone). Point-and-click adventure games might serve a similar function.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge