You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:56 pm

They are all the same except for names IMHO...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:58 pm

#12 wrote:They are all the same except for names IMHO...
But game play!?

In '17 (I don't know if it is a bug or not) I have the impression that the players seem to bump into each other too often...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Yeah it’s basically a name update only... Stopped again after 17 tho... I‘m no hipster, really, but before all the hype, when it was a niche game I liked it best...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:09 pm

I didn't get it this year either but might pick it up in January if I find a cheap second hand one.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:19 pm

After an agonizing five hrs of wait (downloading) I finally played GT sport

I got it yest, ....

Bought a 1966 VW Beetle...exactly this colourImage
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 am

ramsej84 wrote:After an agonizing five hrs of wait (downloading) I finally played GT sport

I got it yest, ....

Bought a 1966 VW Beetle...exactly this colourImage

Ps4 downloads are depressingly slow sometimes. Putting in rest mode usually speeds it up a bit from experience but I'm not sure it works with disc-based games.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:26 am

I got a PS4 as a Christmas present from my wife :) I did download a whole game I bought online but it was really fast in my experience, downloading right at the limits of my Internet connection speed.

I think it's more of a perception. If you stay waiting and looking at the progress bar it will seem slow ('a watched kettle never boils') but I worked out the speed with some very basic maths and it was downloading at 6MB/s with my 50Mbps download connection.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:02 am

MUTU wrote:I got a PS4 as a Christmas present from my wife :) I did download a whole game I bought online but it was really fast in my experience, downloading right at the limits of my Internet connection speed.

I think it's more of a perception. If you stay waiting and looking at the progress bar it will seem slow ('a watched kettle never boils') but I worked out the speed with some very basic maths and it was downloading at 6MB/s with my 50Mbps download connection.
Four hrs!!!!!! It took four hrs....
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:05 am

MUTU wrote:I got a PS4 as a Christmas present from my wife :) I did download a whole game I bought online but it was really fast in my experience, downloading right at the limits of my Internet connection speed.

Perhaps... I'm certainly not an expert on internet connections. But it seems to me that downloading a 2GB file (for example) happens much quicker on my laptop than the PS4. Also, why would it be quicker in rest mode, in that case?

What game did you get?

Also, do you two have PSN usernames? :)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Four hrs!!!!!! It took four hrs....

Is it wired or wireless? If it is wireless, how far is it from the WiFi router and is there a direct line of sight? How fast is your Internet connection? What was the file size of the download?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Perhaps... I'm certainly not an expert on internet connections. But it seems to me that downloading a 2GB file (for example) happens much quicker on my laptop than the PS4. Also, why would it be quicker in rest mode, in that case?

What game did you get?

Also, do you two have PSN usernames? :)

Probably WiFi signal strength if it is faster on your laptop. Re rest mode are you completely sure it's not perception?

My PSN username is BayernForum :D
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Not completely sure no but I had found the suggestion when googling the problem and it seemed to make a difference. It downloads faster than the estimated time whereas if I leave it on and play some other game (without connecting to online servers) the initial estimated time is more or less accurate.

Will add you
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:21 am

Aaargh where's the FIFA 19 January update? I see that FIFA 18 had an update on 2nd January 2018, but it's the 3rd January already and no update in sign :( I just want Alphonso Davies!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:07 pm

MUTU wrote:Aaargh where's the FIFA 19 January update? I see that FIFA 18 had an update on 2nd January 2018, but it's the 3rd January already and no update in sign :( I just want Alphonso Davies!

If you're not playing online you can transfer him manually.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Aaargh where's the FIFA 19 January update? I see that FIFA 18 had an update on 2nd January 2018, but it's the 3rd January already and no update in sign :( I just want Alphonso Davies!

If you're not playing online you can transfer him manually.

I don't care about manual, I want him for online :) Plus I hope he gets a small boost.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge