You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Plus anticostitutional. Hahaha sounds like the Bayern constitution. So it was OK when Germans were using that logo to shoot people dead and drop bombs on other countries but it is not OK for them to play a game with that logo. Oh the irony. Talk about hiding one's head in the sand to 'escape' from a shameful past.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 49297
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8951 times
Been thanked: 14634 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:27 pm

#12 wrote:So?
It’s pretty easy: EA most likely want to earn money on the German market too, right? Thing is: it is anticonstitutional here... So they can choose one of three options:
1.) do one version without swastikas for all countries
2.) add additional cost to rid the German version of the swastikas
3.) Miss out on the German market and lose some potential 1-2 million sales...

Now which would you choose?

No. 2. But I'm a localiser and something like this means jobs for us. :P
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41814
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14458 times
Been thanked: 11473 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:45 pm

2.) is a fine option as well and many choose it...

MUTU wrote:Plus anticostitutional. Hahaha sounds like the Bayern constitution. So it was OK when Germans were using that logo to shoot people dead and drop bombs on other countries but it is not OK for them to play a game with that logo. Oh the irony. Talk about hiding one's head in the sand to 'escape' from a shameful past.


Huh? Are you dumb?

It is a forbidden symbol! You are not allowed to have it anywhere... It was NOT fine and this country is distancing itself from this past in every possible way... You do realize that today’s Germany is not the same as Nazi-Germany and has a different constitution (and a constitution in the first place!), don’t you??

But I think it might be legal in the future as video games are considered art now...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26856
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 6008 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:26 pm

#12 wrote:Huh? Are you dumb?

It is a forbidden symbol! You are not allowed to have it anywhere... It was NOT fine and this country is distancing itself from this past in every possible way... You do realize that today’s Germany is not the same as Nazi-Germany and has a different constitution (and a constitution in the first place!), don’t you??

But I think it might be legal in the future as video games are considered art now...

Maybe you can enlighten me further about this but surely it already is legal? I don't know what the law is like but logically the symbol would be banned in public places, demonstrations, flags, etc. Having it in a video game (especially one developed and produced outside the country) is equivalent to seeing a picture of it in a WW2 history book or in a documentary or youtube, for example. Surely these are not banned!?
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41814
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14458 times
Been thanked: 11473 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:28 pm

#12 wrote:2.) is a fine option as well and many choose it...

MUTU wrote:Plus anticostitutional. Hahaha sounds like the Bayern constitution. So it was OK when Germans were using that logo to shoot people dead and drop bombs on other countries but it is not OK for them to play a game with that logo. Oh the irony. Talk about hiding one's head in the sand to 'escape' from a shameful past.


Huh? Are you dumb?

It is a forbidden symbol! You are not allowed to have it anywhere... It was NOT fine and this country is distancing itself from this past in every possible way... You do realize that today’s Germany is not the same as Nazi-Germany and has a different constitution (and a constitution in the first place!), don’t you??

But I think it might be legal in the future as video games are considered art now...
Excuse my ignorance but what happens with films?
Oh wait they are art no?

Have you seen "the reader" ?


Re the symbols.
Is not the communists flag not a sick reminder for the Ukranian, Lithuanian, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Croatioan ppl?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51310
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33618 times
Been thanked: 7320 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Huh? Are you dumb?

It is a forbidden symbol! You are not allowed to have it anywhere... It was NOT fine and this country is distancing itself from this past in every possible way... You do realize that today’s Germany is not the same as Nazi-Germany and has a different constitution (and a constitution in the first place!), don’t you??

But I think it might be legal in the future as video games are considered art now...

Maybe you can enlighten me further about this but surely it already is legal? I don't know what the law is like but logically the symbol would be banned in public places, demonstrations, flags, etc. Having it in a video game (especially one developed and produced outside the country) is equivalent to seeing a picture of it in a WW2 history book or in a documentary or youtube, for example. Surely these are not banned!?
I believe YouTube vids are banned.
There is a 6hr doc which was banned in Germany and other countries
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51310
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33618 times
Been thanked: 7320 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby Paphlagonian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Banning swastikas and censoring Hitler is lame. It is history one way or another. Why don't we ban Ghengis Khan, Stalin, Mao or even better Hernan Cortes? History is history banning or censoring won't change the fact that Hitler was German. It's is pathetic what German people or it's government trying to do.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 214 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I believe YouTube vids are banned.
There is a 6hr doc which was banned in Germany and other countries

I suppose that depends on the nature of the documentary but if actual, factual documentaries are banned just because there is that symbol in it, that is stupid and dangerous.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41814
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14458 times
Been thanked: 11473 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Oh my!

There’s so mich wrong in that post I wonder: don’t you want to delete it?

It’s NOT history in a video game

And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!

BTT: Yes movies are art, of course so are history books and educational purposes, but carrying of anticonstitutional symbols is forbidden - and this includes others ramsej, so for the love of god stop your whataboutism, especially when you have no clue at all!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26856
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 6008 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:58 pm

#12 wrote:Oh my!

There’s so mich wrong in that post I wonder: don’t you want to delete it?

It’s NOT history in a video game

And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!

BTT: Yes movies are art, of course so are history books and educational purposes, but carrying of anticonstitutional symbols is forbidden - and this includes others ramsej, so for the love of god stop your whataboutism, especially when you have no clue at all!
Is your last paragraph referred to me?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51310
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33618 times
Been thanked: 7320 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby Paphlagonian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:05 pm

#12 wrote:And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!


It's like saying Müller is not German he's Bavarian lol. Not to mention Hitler literally was born in the border town between Ger-Aus. If it wasn't for Habsburg-Hohenzollern rivalry Austrians would be living in Germany. So that makes Austrians pretty much German to me. Especially before the WWII.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 214 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:Oh my!

There’s so mich wrong in that post I wonder: don’t you want to delete it?

It’s NOT history in a video game

And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!

BTT: Yes movies are art, of course so are history books and educational purposes, but carrying of anticonstitutional symbols is forbidden - and this includes others ramsej, so for the love of god stop your whataboutism, especially when you have no clue at all!
Is your last paragraph referred to me?


Yes, you brought this up in your last post... It’s not just swastikas! It’s everything that’s against libertarian democracy which is our constitutional order...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26856
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 6008 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:
#12 wrote:And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!


It's like saying Müller is not German he's Bavarian lol. Not to mention Hitler literally was born in the border town between Ger-Aus. If it wasn't for Habsburg-Hohenzollern rivalry Austrians would be living in Germany. So that makes Austrians pretty much German to me. Especially before the WWII.


Doesn’t matter what they are to you and it’s not... Are people from Buffalo Canadian or from Toronto American? So Tijuana is American as well?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26856
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 6008 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:10 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:Oh my!

There’s so mich wrong in that post I wonder: don’t you want to delete it?

It’s NOT history in a video game

And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!

BTT: Yes movies are art, of course so are history books and educational purposes, but carrying of anticonstitutional symbols is forbidden - and this includes others ramsej, so for the love of god stop your whataboutism, especially when you have no clue at all!
Is your last paragraph referred to me?


Yes, you brought this up in your last post... It’s not just swastikas! It’s everything that’s against libertarian democracy which is our constitutional order...
Like what?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 51310
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 33618 times
Been thanked: 7320 times
Gender: Male

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="#12"]Oh my!

There’s so mich wrong in that post I wonder: don’t you want to delete it?

It’s NOT history in a video game

And FOR FECK‘S SAKE, Hitler was Austrian!

BTT: Yes movies are art, of course so are history books and educational purposes, but carrying of anticonstitutional symbols is forbidden - and this includes others ramsej, so for the love of god stop your whataboutism, especially when you have no clue at all!
Is your last paragraph referred to me?


Yes, you brought this up in your last post... It’s not just swastikas! It’s everything that’s against libertarian democracy which is our constitutional order...
Like what?[/quote]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafge ... ection_86a
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26856
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 6008 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests