You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Ah found it
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Black Friday Sale on PSN: God of War, digital deluxe, 29,99...

Still got some stuff to play... what do you guys say: deal or no deal? ;)
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Seems like a good price for a fairly new game. I haven't played it and won't get it but only because I can borrow it from a friend. I think I'd go for the deal otherwise.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm

#12 wrote:Black Friday Sale on PSN: God of War, digital deluxe, 29,99...

Still got some stuff to play... what do you guys say: deal or no deal? ;)

It's a game of the year candidate for me. Super good game.

But, that being said, it's a single-player story-driven game so there's really no risk of 'falling behind' so if you have other stuff in your 'quota' ahead of it, might as well wait as it will probably settle down to that price permanently soon.
I have a backlog of games that's WAY too long nowadays so it's really slowed down my new game buying. The only time I get stuff new nowadays is for online/multiplayer stuff where there really is some advantage to being one of the earlier players.

That aside - God of War is a seriously great game. I haven't played RDR2 yet (contradicting myself, that's one I'm hoping to pick up on BF) or Spider-Man, but I've played most other big releases this year - Monster Hunter World, Detroit, Far Cry 5, AC Odyssey, BLOPS 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, etc...... God of War trumps them all and pretty easily IMO. For me it's a system-seller game - the kind it's worth buying a PS4 for just to play.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:48 pm

As for my Black Friday....

Really hoping to pick up a PS4 Pro. I have heard some places will have them dropped to 275 (US) rather than 400.

I bought my PS4 at midnight on release day....I think it was actually 5 years ago just a day or two ago. It's kind of on its last legs I think, starting to wear out a little. Wanting to replace it sooner than later. GameStop still offers 175 (last I checked) trade-in credit for standard 500GB PS4s.
BUT, I have the holy grail - PT - still installed on it, so of course I'd have to be sure to be able to transfer that!! :lol:

I'm thinking I may end up trying to sell my Switch too to make up the funds for a PS4 Pro. I really love the idea of the Switch, and I love supporting Nintendo (I feel like they're the only one of the 'big three' who are trying much of anything new nowadays and I think that should be encouraged) but I have had three games for it pretty much since release and haven't touched it in maybe 6 months. My brother borrowed it from me and I didn't even notice it was gone from my house for months on end. Haha. Plus, I ended up getting a PS Vita for free, so that's kind of serving my handheld 'needs' nowadays, too. And whenever there's a cross-platform game that comes out, I always get it on Playstation rather than Switch, so.....I really want to make it work, but will probably end up sending it along...

Really though, PS4 Pro and RDR2 are the main things I wanna pick up.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Same here, kinda stopped buying games because I had bought so many in previous sales I still have to go through + there are a few games that were on PS+ this year I want to give a shot. I've been playing much less recently too. Hope to get back to it soon.

I did pick up Spyro Reignited Trilogy on Monday, but that's an exception I had to make. Haven't even started getting the episodes for LiS 2 and I became a huge fan of the series and had really been looking forward to it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:23 pm

PT?

Well the Switch... I love The Legend of Zelda and 3D Marios... Thing is while it was a good game, it never had the real mythical Zelda feeling... Aonuma just doesn’t have it... Still a good game but yeah you pretty mich buy a Nintendo console nowadays for 3-5 games only...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 pm

#12 wrote:PT?

"Playable Trailer"
It was the demo/trailer for new Silent Hill game. Was going to be called "Silent Hills". Directed by Kojima (Metal Gear series etc) and Guillermo del Toro and with Norman Reedus as protagonist voice/appearance/etc. Then Kojima and Konami (who were producing it) had a big falling out, and the game got cancelled...

Anyways, before it was cancelled they gave a brief trailer (at E3 I think) and announced the "full trailer" would be through a downloadable demo they were calling PT, short for "playable trailer". PT was a HUGE hit, even though it was technically a demo many people called it one of the all-time great horror games. A couple sites even were naming it their best horror game of the year.

But, once the game got cancelled, Konami went all scorched earth and pulled the demo from PS store and even went so far as to if you deleted it you wouldn't be able to download it. So for a few weeks there PS4s with PT installed were selling for hundreds of dollars above retail just because they had this 'rare' game. (kind of like phones with Flappy Bird if you remember that). Now, the project is totally dead and it seems Konami has no intention of bringing it back and so once it's gone it's gone. So I'm just hanging on to it for dear life nowadays. Hahaha. But really, it's a VERY good scary game, and really really disappointing that it got canned the way it did.

#12 wrote:Well the Switch... I love The Legend of Zelda and 3D Marios... Thing is while it was a good game, it never had the real mythical Zelda feeling... Aonuma just doesn’t have it... Still a good game but yeah you pretty mich buy a Nintendo console nowadays for 3-5 games only...

And this is pretty much where I'm at. I LOVE nintendo's first party stuff. But I have little-to-no motivation to buy anything for Switch if I can already play it on PS4 or PC - and that covers almost everything. It's a really cool, fun console, but between PS4, PC, and Vita I think I have everything I'd want covered at this point...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Now Spiderman on sale at a German department store for 24,99 - these fuckers know exactly what they’re doing
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:33 pm

I ended up ordering FFXII The Zodiac Age myself for 15 incl. shipping. Just a small treat... saw plenty of good deals but didn't want to spend money on stuff I won't get around to playing for months probably.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Got God of War and squeezed it in - mental game!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:09 pm

#12 wrote:Got God of War and squeezed it in - mental game!

Definitely on my list as I really enjoyed God of War 3 on PS+ a few months back and from what I hear the new one is more like my style. Will probably just borrow it though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Just heard that battlefield are using the iron cross instead of swastikas and the German empire flag

Erm... the St. George's Cross is also repulsive for certain cultures...

As much as the American flag to others...

Same as the Red Communist one
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Just heard that call of duty are using the iron cross instead of swastikas and the German empire flag

So?
It’s pretty easy: EA most likely want to earn money on the German market too, right? Thing is: it is anticonstitutional here... So they can choose one of three options:
1.) do one version without swastikas for all countries
2.) add additional cost to rid the German version of the swastikas
3.) Miss out on the German market and lose some potential 1-2 million sales...

Now which would you choose?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:52 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Just heard that call of duty are using the iron cross instead of swastikas and the German empire flag

So?
It’s pretty easy: EA most likely want to earn money on the German market too, right? Thing is: it is anticonstitutional here... So they can choose one of three options:
1.) do one version without swastikas for all countries
2.) add additional cost to rid the German version of the swastikas
3.) Miss out on the German market and lose some potential 1-2 million sales...

Now which would you choose?

No 2. It would likely be a difference of a few hundred euros anyway.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge