You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Quite honestly this is the most I‘ve been playing in months... Lot of work right now... Fall vacation this week...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm just getting in a couple of hours every day as a break. Haven't had a game I became obsessed about in a while. Seem to be going through more of a series-watching period for entertainment at the moment.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yeah, there's one turtle in particular near the end which you need to overturn at the exact edge. I must have lost about 70 lives there during the first playthrough.

At the moment I'm playing Beach Buggy Racing (really fun game for €1.99 - currently on sale) and slowly going through episode 2 of LIS:BTS whenever I feel like it. Needed a break from FIFA 18 as I kept losing game after game in online play these last few days.

Did it...

The **** who had the idea of time trials and for THAT target time: I hope somebody drives a rusty fish knife in their junk... And may they live forever ever after...

Looking forward to never playing that level again..
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Congrats!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Whatever the situation , do it like a boss...
FM 2018
https://twitter.com/FootballManager/sta ... 8004251648

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 am

JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 pm

I just finished the season finale (credits rolling as I write) of Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and it’s... well, it’s worth it. I think I enjoyed it more than the original game, but it’s a tough choice.

The lack of supernatural powers makes the story much more realistic and I think that’s a strong point. At the same time it doesn’t really take much away from the enjoyment of the game, even though it was central in the first one.

Characterisation is brilliant. Across the board it trumps the original. Rachel >>> Max by far, and Chloe makes for an interesting protagonist. Story is good... deals with equally difficult but different topics than the first one. Probably the story of the original was better though.

The ending is a bit rushed... I think the game should have been spread over 4 episodes instead. But it’s good enough anyway. The final decision is relatively important, and I’m curious to see how different the ending would be with the other choice, but it’s nowhere near as wrecking as Max’s final choice.

Graffiti is more fun than the photos but also easier without a guide imo.

Highly recommended. Looking forward to the bonus Max episode early next year.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Actually, scratch the final choice. Looking at the compression of my choices with other peoples’ it looks like it could have taken a very different turn before that final choice. Some of these are at 0% too - no one discovered them (although the episode has only been out 3 days)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Was waiting for the third episode to finish. Will play it this week/end. Anyway interesting video about today's games:

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Actually, scratch the final choice. Looking at the compression of my choices with other peoples’ it looks like it could have taken a very different turn before that final choice. Some of these are at 0% too - no one discovered them (although the episode has only been out 3 days)

Finished the game and I have to say I found it boring to be honest. Most of the scenes drag on for too long with barely or no interaction at all. I actually lost interest in some scenes when they kept talking and wouldn't shut up. :lol: The soundtrack was Ok but nothing compared to the first IMO. The song that I liked the most was Burning the Midnight Oil. I did a choice that was 0% world stats. Did not listen to Skip's demo. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Haha, i listened to it all, it goes on for a while.

Music of the first game was much better, but I liked the story personally. As I said in my post what I found disappointing was the final episode... It was way too rushed. The story is almost just beginning at the end of episode 2 and suddenly there's only a couple of hours left. From comments I've read online this seems to be the consensus: a good game but a little ruined by the rushed ending.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:19 am

Treated myself to a Switch and Zelda for Christmas... The game is impressive and addictive, besides obvious flaws... Still, I like it - I just hate it that it is a Zelda game - cause there’s very little recollection of what makes that series extraordinary... Now it feels like a hybrid mashup of a Japano-RPG and Skyrim... Not generic, but lacking the original Zelda vibe... Still a great game...
I hope some of the original Zelda comes back in future installments (like seriously, who the **** had the idea to make breakable weapons?! )
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 am

Breakable weapons... damn I hate that. Haven't seen something like it in ages.

Enjoy your new Switch! I've thought about it for a while but I think it's still too expensive for something I probably won't use very much.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Well, since apparently both Zelda and Mario are once in a decade titles and since a round of MarioKart is always a nice party gig I figured I might go for it... I git it for 290 including the game... Still too expensive though you‘re right...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge