You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:New Life is Strange game incoming... hopefully means we’ll get the second one for free soon.
You mean YOU...?!

Well... I think 2021 is going to be slim regarding gaming - also pandemic-effected...

There’s MassEffect Remake but yeah, I want to play new games as well

Just bought TLOU2 though... Was on sale for 20€ here (retail version) so I‘m thinking it won’t get much cheaper anyways...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:37 pm

Well, yeah, since you bought it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Good games need to be supported
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:47 pm

In other news, greatly enjoying AC Valhalla and this is coming from someone who tried 3 sifferent AC games (both old and new) and never managed to get into the series before. Highly recommend it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 pm

Never tried it tbh... Also basically all the Bethesda stuff went by me... Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein... The only game I played frim them was The fractured but whole (still love that pun!) ...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:56 pm

#12 wrote:Never tried it tbh... Also basically all the Bethesda stuff went by me... Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein... The only game I played frim them was The fractured but whole (still love that pun!) ...
It’s gone into more RPG territory now I guess. Not so different from something like HZD other than enemies being humans. Heck, even the protagonist looks like Aloy if you pick the female option haha.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:38 pm

I‘m on the last inches of TLOU 2...

Can’t see the destroyed legacy thing, would be interesting to know what Dumbledore meant...

For ne, it’s a good game, maybe not as good as the first one because I dislike some story choices (but I mean I don’t like DV killing Obi-Wan (or Han Solo dying) or Frodo leaving his friends either) and I think it has some inconsistencies/holes, but character development mostly makes sense and is compelling, also very immersive... And now I need a new game
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 pm

#12 wrote:I‘m on the last inches of TLOU 2...

Can’t see the destroyed legacy thing, would be interesting to know what Dumbledore meant...

For ne, it’s a good game, maybe not as good as the first one because I dislike some story choices (but I mean I don’t like DV killing Obi-Wan (or Han Solo dying) or Frodo leaving his friends either) and I think it has some inconsistencies/holes, but character development mostly makes sense and is compelling, also very immersive... And now I need a new game

I just finished it like a week ago. Super good game but FFS...depressing :shock:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm

I'm 75 hours into AC Valhalla now and I LOVE this game. I'll give some of the older AC games a shot after this, I don't know whether I'll like them this time around, but this one is right up my alley. Shame it has so many bugs and glitches though.

Not sure what I'll go for after finally finishing it. Might give TLOU a shot too.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:14 pm

aterford wrote:

I just finished it like a week ago. Super good game but FFS...depressing :shock:
I think it’s the end - at least the one I expect to see later tonight... Right?

Spoiler: show
I expect it to deny actual closure and making sense and therefore catharsis...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm 75 hours into AC Valhalla now and I LOVE this game. I'll give some of the older AC games a shot after this, I don't know whether I'll like them this time around, but this one is right up my alley. Shame it has so many bugs and glitches though.

Not sure what I'll go for after finally finishing it. Might give TLOU a shot too.
You should!

RE: AC

Pesky bugs? On the PS? Like unplayable or just annoying?

Maybe nothing for me then...

Independent story?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:

I wouldn't say even the ending per se (don't want to give it away) but just...the whole game, haha. On the whole I enjoyed it but it was like continually being beaten over the head with bummer after bummer...hahaha.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:[quote="#12"]I‘m on the last inches of TLOU 2...

I wouldn't say even the ending per se (don't want to give it away) but just...the whole game, haha. On the whole I enjoyed it but it was like continually being beaten over the head with bummer after bummer...hahaha.[/quote]True
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:57 pm

So yeah, it ended the way I expected it, but in a slightly different manner...
Actually pretty disappointing IMHO and making no sense after all the odyssey...

So you end what feels like thousands of precious lives, even more so in a post-apocalyptic world and then you finally have a sort of epiphany at the last second rendering it all meaningless?

It makes the game kinda not matter at all, so all they did was kill off Joel

That whole escapade about playing her, etc. didn’t make me like her one bit more... I think she deserved to die... Joel was no saint in part one, but he basically acted in (self) defense all the time... And it really seemed like he was reformed... Abby is a vengeful bitch and while yes, her father died, that whole skit about the poor Salt Lake Crew being so shaken up by the death of that surgeon... And even after saving her life she went through with that shit... And then they try to make her come around... Meh... Still hate that fucking bitch

So yeah, good game, story, while catching and immersive, kinda disappointing... Was hard to catch up with part one though, which set the bar high and felt more "apocalyptic" and also meaningful IMHO...

That said, the ending or the way things are practically pretty much screams "part three coming up"...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:46 am

#12 wrote:You should!

RE: AC

Pesky bugs? On the PS? Like unplayable or just annoying?

Maybe nothing for me then...

Independent story?

The bugs are annoying but they don't make the game unplayable. They're just so bloody common. I've had everything from walking in the air (a piece of landscape that changes magically; the ground turned into a hole but the game kept recognising it as ground) and characters suspended in mid-air instead of on the horse I placed them on to more annoying fights like being launched in the sky during a boss fight and drifting ever further away until the game killed me off (I was at full health) and, one my dad experienced, somehow being transported inside a locked room with no doors or windows (had to reload for that one). Both of us have experienced many other minor ones, can't remember them right now. They are mostly amusing, but can be very annoying for the more serious ones.

What do you mean by independent story? Independent from the other games in the series, you mean? Should be, yeah. As far as I know they're almost all independent and there are several centuries between some of the games. This one is set in the 9th century, partly in Norway and most of it in England. Scenery is incredible and there's a lot to do; story nothing out of the ordinary so far, it is mostly just making alliances with all the different shires, but I have a theory about the main characters which suggests interesting things to come. I'm almost sure I'm right.

Also: LOADS of pop culture easter eggs in it. They're a lot of fun to find. I've noticed Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings (several times), Rapunzel, Winnie-the-Pooh, and I'm sure there must be some I missed.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge