You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Hope I cab hold out for a revision... Scraped together cheap gift cards to eventually get an XBox for like 350 instead of 500 and hope it and my PS4 will carry me until a slim version arrives... Honestly don’t expect anything from Nintendo anymore...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:47 pm

No reason why it shouldn’t I think. Game lineup is still pretty slim right now but nice to have it and it’ll probably be the push I needed to get into gaming again.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:No reason why it shouldn’t I think. Game lineup is still pretty slim right now but nice to have it and it’ll probably be the push I needed to get into gaming again.
You just have to get rid of girlfriends, other hobbies and too much of a career that are slowing you down
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:16 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:No reason why it shouldn’t I think. Game lineup is still pretty slim right now but nice to have it and it’ll probably be the push I needed to get into gaming again.
You just have to get rid of girlfriends, other hobbies and too much of a career that are slowing you down

Haha last one's the problem right now, it affects the other two as much as gaming. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:31 pm

State of play...

Very disappointing...

From the looks of it, there‘s no reason to get a PS5 before 2022 unless you really want an upgrade and/or have a great TV...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:38 pm

#12 wrote:State of play...

Very disappointing...

From the looks of it, there‘s no reason to get a PS5 before 2022 unless you really want an upgrade and/or have a great TV...
Haven’t watched it but checked twitter after your post. FF7R Yuffie DLC sounds fun though annoying that they’re focusing on that rather than releasing the next episode.

Free Oddworld in April also sounds great.

Any news on Horizon? It’s practically the only reason I’m delighted I have my console ready.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:State of play...

Very disappointing...

Haven’t watched it but checked twitter after your post. FF7R Yuffie DLC sounds fun though annoying that they’re focusing on that rather than releasing the next episode.

Free Oddworld in April also sounds great.

Any news on Horizon? It’s practically the only reason I’m delighted I have my console ready.
Nope nothing... God of War neither - but I‘d bet a million dollars by now it won’t release in 2021... HFW likely too IMHO...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 am

Still need to play GoW anyway... I got it for free as part of the PS+ Collection on PS5 so I’ll probably get round to it soon enough.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:00 am

Yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm still planning on upgrading at some point (I hear that PS4 games on PS5 is niiiiice), but so far there hasn't really been any one thing that makes it feel like a must-upgrade at the moment (not that I could find one, anyways...)
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 am

Thing is, there have been a few rendered trailers for HFW and a logo for GoW... NO GAMEPLAY... It HAD to be foreseeable a year ago they could never release in 2021... I think that‘s deception of potential customers... Also, I don‘t get how EVERY TIME a new cycle starts, there are so few real reasons to buy a console... MS is even more pathetic (still don’t see the reason for the gamepass...) - it should be a little easier to release 2-3 good games for a new console... Gosh...
All the more reason to wait for a cheaper revision... Smaller games like Oddworld are still a good fit for my PS4 and I expect a revision around 2023...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 am

aterford wrote:Yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm still planning on upgrading at some point (I hear that PS4 games on PS5 is niiiiice), but so far there hasn't really been any one thing that makes it feel like a must-upgrade at the moment (not that I could find one, anyways...)
If you have the right tv/monitor. I haven’t noticed much difference between the PS5 version of AC Valhalla and any other PS4 game I played, but my tv is old. Luckily I’m going to change it soon.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:13 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
aterford wrote:Yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm still planning on upgrading at some point (I hear that PS4 games on PS5 is niiiiice), but so far there hasn't really been any one thing that makes it feel like a must-upgrade at the moment (not that I could find one, anyways...)
If you have the right tv/monitor. I haven’t noticed much difference between the PS5 version of AC Valhalla and any other PS4 game I played, but my tv is old. Luckily I’m going to change it soon.
Some people have too much money
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:31 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
By old I mean some 15 years. I think it’s time for an upgrade haha.

Probably at the time it cost more than a pretty good tv today too. They’ve become quite cheaper these days.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="aterford"]Yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm still planning on upgrading at some point (I hear that PS4 games on PS5 is niiiiice), but so far there hasn't really been any one thing that makes it feel like a must-upgrade at the moment (not that I could find one, anyways...)
By old I mean some 15 years. I think it’s time for an upgrade haha.

Probably at the time it cost more than a pretty good tv today too. They’ve become quite cheaper these days.[/quote]Yeah sure, add to the semiconductor demand to keep others from buying a new console to play old games
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:24 pm

New Life is Strange game incoming... hopefully means we’ll get the second one for free soon.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge