You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:19 pm

I played fifa and I super loved the 3v3 5v5
The former I played with bayern v bayern
I had Alaba Kimmch Muller the other tm consisted of Lucas Tolisso Lewa
It ended 6-6
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:56 pm

#12 wrote:Anyone doing Cyberpunk?
Waiting for PS5
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:51 am

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Anyone doing Cyberpunk?

I got it on PC over the weekend (was planning on picking up on console, but it looks like it hasn't been nearly as well-received on PS4/XB1) but haven't got the chance to actually play it yet.

If it is decent I'd like to get it on console once there's a proper next-gen release (and once I've finally managed to track down a next-gen console in stock.... hahaha)
Same problem... Waiting for it until I get a hold if a Series X...

Curious - why an xbox instead of a PS? I'm trying to figure out which one to get myself...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:55 am

nm462272 wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:[quote="#12"]Anyone doing Cyberpunk?

I got it on PC over the weekend (was planning on picking up on console, but it looks like it hasn't been nearly as well-received on PS4/XB1) but haven't got the chance to actually play it yet.

If it is decent I'd like to get it on console once there's a proper next-gen release (and once I've finally managed to track down a next-gen console in stock.... hahaha)
Same problem... Waiting for it until I get a hold if a Series X...

Curious - why an xbox instead of a PS? I'm trying to figure out which one to get myself...[/quote]Who says I'm choosing?

It’s a pragmatic prioritization...

1.) I didn’t have an Xbox One so there’s a few games I can play that will feel kinda new...

2.) I liked Halo 1-4 A LOT... Granted, Infinite looks like a DOA game, but there’s hope...

3.) PS5 is really bulky and doesn’t yet have any games I want to play that don’t run on PS4 - and it looks like this will be the case for quite a while with Forbidden West et. al. confirmed for PS4 as well...

4.) Series X is the stronger Hardware on paper...

5.) You can pay through store credit by gamecards which I got hold of rather cheaply, so there is quite an amount of money to save here...

All of this lead me to get a Series X first and wait for a revision of the PS5 before getting it...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:39 am

Well, just preordered the PS5 for the next stock here. They say they'll be getting limited stock every month from January and I preordered within 15 minutes of the preorders opening, so I hope to get it around March (I assume there's still backlog from the original orders unless those were cancelled) in time for my birthday. I think the PS5 will become more of a must-have around May/June when the big titles start releasing so it would be good to have it in advance. I've been slowly getting back into game recently after a very inactive year and it's my hope for 2021 to find at least an hour or two a day, so I figured I might as well take the plunge. I'll probably still be playing my PS4 backlog at first but that's fine, at least I'll have it ready.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Yeah, if you wanted it anyway... I am hoping for a slim/pro version...

Btw, I am into Episode three of Life is Strange 2 now... (It’s also currently on sale...)

It’s good and has a catching story, but it’s still a downgrade from part 1... Doesn’t mean it's bad though...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:36 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah, if you wanted it anyway... I am hoping for a slim/pro version...

Btw, I am into Episode three of Life is Strange 2 now... (It’s also currently on sale...)

It’s good and has a catching story, but it’s still a downgrade from part 1... Doesn’t mean it's bad though...
On sale huh? Might go for it.

I’m not a big fan of the current look and a slim version will probably be much better but I don’t particularly care. I move the PS4 around a bit, but once I have the PS5 I’ll keep them installed in separate rooms so there shouldn’t be too much moving.

I wanted to start Ni No Kuni II but it was taking ages to download so I started Uncharted 3 in the meantime. I seem to play one every couple of years haha.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Yeah, if you wanted it anyway... I am hoping for a slim/pro version...

On sale huh? Might go for it.

I’m not a big fan of the current look and a slim version will probably be much better but I don’t particularly care. I move the PS4 around a bit, but once I have the PS5 I’ll keep them installed in separate rooms so there shouldn’t be too much moving.

I wanted to start Ni No Kuni II but it was taking ages to download so I started Uncharted 3 in the meantime. I seem to play one every couple of years haha.

Re: LiS2: on sale, yes, but still 17€, don’t know if it’s too much for you...

I liked the Uncharted games and hope they will somehow continue the series at least in its essence even though I doubt it'll be ND doing it... (Which reminds me: Days Gone was a lot of fun except a few lags and framedrops here and there...)

Overall, it feels there's less must-haves on single consoles, especially for my taste... I mean, I don’t get the Switch sales... The console has like three great games IMHO (and I do not care for too much of the revamping of the Zelda-formula and liked Mario Galaxy or 64 better...) and is selling like hot fudge...
But I am pretty sure it’s just a perception issue as there are more AAA games these days than ever before...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Yeah, Days Gone is part of my backlog too.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 pm

I am a little late to the party, but for those who have not played it yet like me:

Just finished my first playthrough... Detroit: Become Human is a treat for people who like story and decision driven adventure games... With decisions and actions actually greatly altering the story in subsequent chapters and thus creating a lot of story twists and depth I have rarely seen...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:51 pm

I’ll get around to it eventually too...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:27 am

I can't believe it took me this long to discover there is a modern old-school RPG complete with top-down distant view world map, being transported to an arena during battles, and traditional-ish animation graphics: Ni No Kuni (I'm playing the second one, I don't think they are connected). I remember someone mentioning it here a long time ago but I thought it was just another modern RPG.

Also bought MediEvil on sale last night which I'll get to after this one. That one's a childhood favourite.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:20 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can't believe it took me this long to discover there is a modern old-school RPG complete with top-down distant view world map, being transported to an arena during battles, and traditional-ish animation graphics: Ni No Kuni (I'm playing the second one, I don't think they are connected). I remember someone mentioning it here a long time ago but I thought it was just another modern RPG.

Also bought MediEvil on sale last night which I'll get to after this one. That one's a childhood favourite.
I don’t exactly get what’s so special about your description? Is the "top-down referring to the "camera angle"?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can't believe it took me this long to discover there is a modern old-school RPG complete with top-down distant view world map, being transported to an arena during battles, and traditional-ish animation graphics: Ni No Kuni (I'm playing the second one, I don't think they are connected). I remember someone mentioning it here a long time ago but I thought it was just another modern RPG.

I don’t exactly get what’s so special about your description? Is the "top-down referring to the "camera angle"?
Haha probably didn’t describe it well.

In old RPGs you didn’t have a “continuous” world. Rather when you leave a place you end up in a world map where you walk from one place to another, and in that map the angle is different; you generally have a much higher view. You walk to another dungeon or place, go in, and the view changes while you’re inside. In modern games there is no “transition” between leaving a city/dungeon and the wild outside. I don’t think I’ve seen this style since PS1/2 days, actually.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:

Haha probably didn’t describe it well.

In old RPGs you didn’t have a “continuous” world. Rather when you leave a place you end up in a world map where you walk from one place to another, and in that map the angle is different; you generally have a much higher view. You walk to another dungeon or place, go in, and the view changes while you’re inside. In modern games there is no “transition” between leaving a city/dungeon and the wild outside. I don’t think I’ve seen this style since PS1/2 days, actually.
Ah now I get it... Like in the earlier games of the "Tales of" series where you meet a single monster in the field and it starts an isolated instance of a fight...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge