You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:57 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:GameFreak develop Pokémon and are the ones clearly exploiting nostalgia to get away with sub-par games.
Oh yeah but it’s Nintendo company policy that they just adapted to it(they’re second party right?!)

Erm maybe but I don’t think so. Mario and Zelda produced brilliant titles for Switch, but there hasn’t been an objectively good Pokemon game since the DS era. I know at least that the Pokemon community antagonise GameFreak more than Nintendo.

Pokemon have also grown to be more and more childish when BoTW is a pretty complex RPG.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:08 pm

My main issue with Pokemon in the 3ds era and onward is that they're making it too easy. Pokemon is already a fairly easy RPG but they're making it way too easy.

Examples: 1- Exp share is for the whole team.

2- Rival: Excuse me, I want to battle you but I'm too nice so please go heal and buy 10 potions before we start. I'll be waiting here. :)
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:GameFreak develop Pokémon and are the ones clearly exploiting nostalgia to get away with sub-par games.
Oh yeah but it’s Nintendo company policy that they just adapted to it(they’re second party right?!)

Erm maybe but I don’t think so. Mario and Zelda produced brilliant titles for Switch, but there hasn’t been an objectively good Pokemon game since the DS era. I know at least that the Pokemon community antagonise GameFreak more than Nintendo.

Pokemon have also grown to be more and more childish when BoTW is a pretty complex RPG.
Wouldn’t call it an rpg but yeah
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 pm

#12 wrote:Wouldn’t call it an rpg but yeah

I agree that Zelda games can't be labeled as a pure RPG but from what I saw, BOTW added more RPG elements than any previous title. Right?
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:58 am

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:Wouldn’t call it an rpg but yeah

I agree that Zelda games can't be labeled as a pure RPG but from what I saw, BOTW added more RPG elements than any previous title. Right?
Depends on what you define as rpg...

To me, and RPG should tick 3 boxes:

- largely story driven

- different characters with character development and depth

- leveling system combined with improvements and customizations...

Of these, only the third is maybe a 50% match... If that...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:29 am

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:What do you mean by the first statement, "slleping on it"?

I meant "don't ignore" OoT because it's one of the greatest games I ever played.

#12 wrote:MM to me is a good game, but it lives on it's sidequests... I like the time-based approach but it always generated some time of pressure limiting exploration and hustlingand rushing through the dungeons..

I just love how dark MM is. And it has my favorite soundtrack (maybe?) and the whole 3 days thing is just really good to me.

Dumbledore7 wrote:So I take it you haven't played Pokemon Sword/Shield yet?

I didn't buy a Switch yet. I will defiantly get Sword or Shield when I get the console. However, I'm trying to get myself to really start Ultra Sun. I recently just lost interest to play Pokemon. It happens to me sometimes but I'm sure I'll be interested again sooner or later.

How good is Sword/Shield? Being someone who has a living dex, I really hated the removal of the National Dex.
For me the best thing about Majora's was the masks. Playing as a Goron and Zora was awesome.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:06 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:What do you mean by the first statement, "slleping on it"?

I meant "don't ignore" OoT because it's one of the greatest games I ever played.

#12 wrote:MM to me is a good game, but it lives on it's sidequests... I like the time-based approach but it always generated some time of pressure limiting exploration and hustlingand rushing through the dungeons..

I just love how dark MM is. And it has my favorite soundtrack (maybe?) and the whole 3 days thing is just really good to me.

Dumbledore7 wrote:So I take it you haven't played Pokemon Sword/Shield yet?

I didn't buy a Switch yet. I will defiantly get Sword or Shield when I get the console. However, I'm trying to get myself to really start Ultra Sun. I recently just lost interest to play Pokemon. It happens to me sometimes but I'm sure I'll be interested again sooner or later.

How good is Sword/Shield? Being someone who has a living dex, I really hated the removal of the National Dex.
For me the best thing about Majora's was the masks. Playing as a Goron and Zora was awesome.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
I liked MM but it just couldn’t quite live up to OoT for me, which I still consider - despite a few flaws - the best game ever made...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:11 am

#12 wrote:I liked MM but it just couldn’t quite live up to OoT for me, which I still consider - despite a few flaws - the best game ever made...

What about the soundtrack? Would you say that MM has the better soundtrack?
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:26 am

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:I liked MM but it just couldn’t quite live up to OoT for me, which I still consider - despite a few flaws - the best game ever made...

What about the soundtrack? Would you say that MM has the better soundtrack?
Well, it draws heavily from OoT's and the Ocarina songs for me are much better in OoT... So a close second place for me...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:30 am

OoT is a masterpiece to me. I once read that, based on the scores the game got from official reviews over the years, it is actually (Mathematically?) the best game of all time.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:58 am

It is, yes... But there were less reviews back then... I think current Zelda games also get a huge nostalgia bonus... For example, BotW is not mich better than HZD to me...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 pm

So what games are you guys playing these days?
I'm on Kingdom Hearts III and I play Apex Legends from time to time.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:38 pm

PES20, Modern Warfare, Divinity 2 - all on PS4
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:49 pm

FM
And sometimes Gran Turismo
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:54 pm

kod2600 wrote:So what games are you guys playing these days?
I'm on Kingdom Hearts III and I play Apex Legends from time to time.

I am way too busy at the moment but the few days I manage to sneak in an hour or two I'm just relaxing with No Man's Sky at the moment. At some point I'll get back to finishing the last 5 or so FF7 Remake chapters in Hard Mode (only trophy left) and then I'll probably go for Uncharted I think... I own 1-4 but only played the first two.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge