You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Pokemon Home is also a factor. I've migrated by complete Living Dex and it's actually quite nice to use with the mass Wonder Trading and GTS.

I have a question regarding Home. I want to transfer all my Pokemon from Pokemon Bank to Pokemon Home. Can I do that with the Home app on the mobile before I buy a Switch?
I don't want to renew my Bank subscription (I believe it will not be updated and basically over now) and I don't want to keep my mons in the bank for too long and lose them. And I really have no idea when I'll be getting the Switch.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:01 pm

kod2600 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Pokemon Home is also a factor. I've migrated by complete Living Dex and it's actually quite nice to use with the mass Wonder Trading and GTS.

I have a question regarding Home. I want to transfer all my Pokemon from Pokemon Bank to Pokemon Home. Can I do that with the Home app on the mobile before I buy a Switch?
I don't want to renew my Bank subscription (I believe it will not be updated and basically over now) and I don't want to keep my mons in the bank for too long and lose them. And I really have no idea when I'll be getting the Switch.

No, I'm afraid you'll need the Switch to perform the transfer :/
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:

No, I'm afraid you'll need the Switch to perform the transfer :/

Should I just transfer my Pokemon to multiple 3Ds games? Is it a safe option till I get the Switch?
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Or you could donate them to someone who wants to waste their life.

And that counts for all you motherf**kers on this thread. So there, who wants some now? :D
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:26 pm

MUTU wrote:Or you could donate them to someone who wants to waste their life.

And that counts for all you motherf**kers on this thread. So there, who wants some now? :D

Nils Petersen > Mario Gomez
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:27 pm

kod2600 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Or you could donate them to someone who wants to waste their life.

Nils Petersen > Mario Gomez

Your cheeky trick did not work 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:34 pm

kod2600 wrote:Should I just transfer my Pokemon to multiple 3Ds games? Is it a safe option till I get the Switch?

Yeah I think that'd be safe, although why wouldn't you pay for Bank for at most (hopefully) another year? I think it costs almost nothing.

Don't forget that you *will* need Bank eventually for when you do want to transfer to Home, so you'll just delay that bit of spending at best.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:Should I just transfer my Pokemon to multiple 3Ds games? Is it a safe option till I get the Switch?

Yeah I think that'd be safe, although why wouldn't you pay for Bank for at most (hopefully) another year? I think it costs almost nothing.

Don't forget that you *will* need Bank eventually for when you do want to transfer to Home, so you'll just delay that bit of spending at best.

It's only $5 a year I know. I read that even when subscription expires, you can still withdraw from Bank but you can't deposit. I just don't want to gamble on how long my Pokemon will stay in bank without renewing because I read that some people lost everything and there's no clear period. I'll end up renewing I guess. It's alright I usually buy $10 Nintendo credit and end up with a spare $5 to buy a cool virtual console game.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:53 pm

kod2600 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

It's only $5 a year I know. I read that even when subscription expires, you can still withdraw from Bank but you can't deposit. I just don't want to gamble on how long my Pokemon will stay in bank without renewing because I read that some people lost everything and there's no clear period. I'll end up renewing I guess. It's alright I usually buy $10 Nintendo credit and end up with a spare $5 to buy a cool virtual console game.
... for the 15th time...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:18 pm

#12 wrote:.. for the 15th time...

Seriously I think it's the 3rd? Maybe.
But I know what you're alluding to and yes, Nintendo are money whores for such methods. I hope it'll be my last renew. Lol
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:37 pm

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:.. for the 15th time...

Seriously I think it's the 3rd? Maybe.
But I know what you're alluding to and yes, Nintendo are money whores for such methods. I hope it'll be my last renew. Lol
That’s the beauty of nostalgia... I mean they all only want our money... But Nintendo are actual rip-offers - and yet people still do not hate them
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Well it’s not Nintendo, it’s GameFreak.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well it’s not Nintendo, it’s GameFreak.
Huh?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm

GameFreak develop Pokémon and are the ones clearly exploiting nostalgia to get away with sub-par games.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:50 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:GameFreak develop Pokémon and are the ones clearly exploiting nostalgia to get away with sub-par games.
Oh yeah but it’s Nintendo company policy that they just adapted to it(they’re second party right?!)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge