You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm also hoping for a Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword ports/remakes just because they're the only Zelda games (beside BOTW) I didn't play. Since I never owned a Wii/WiiU or even GameCube (Played Wind Waker on an emulator and Twilight Princess sucks on an emulator and I don't feel like using emulators as I used to anyway)
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:33 pm

kod2600 wrote:I'm also hoping for a Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword ports/remakes just because they're the only Zelda games (beside BOTW) I didn't play. Since I never owned a Wii/WiiU or even GameCube (Played Wind Waker on an emulator and Twilight Princess sucks on an emulator and I don't feel like using emulators as I used to anyway)
TP is "nice" in HD as a slight OoT-improvement... Less immersive and story-driven though... Skyward Sword is boring and probably not really replicable on another system for its "flailing" controls (Wii game)...

I still cannot get over the breaking weapons shit in BotW - and that, given its success, THIS is definitely what Nintendo will conserve... They never listen to fans where it matters...

Currently, my feeling is, with the exception of 3D World, Mario games continually got better in the last 15-20 years, while Zelda games got worse...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:35 pm

I think it's unfair to say they "got worse". Especially if we include handheld titles. Link Between Worlds is amazing. The recent Link's Awakening remake looks awesome and if we want to include remakes, OoT and Major's Mask on 3DS were perfect IMO. And if -as you and many said- Skyward Sword was bad, BOTW is absolutely an improvement so that's also not "worse".
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:41 pm

More in general than each individual title...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:02 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

#12 wrote:More in general than each individual title...

BOTW is still huge despite the little details you mentioned, right?
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:44 pm

kod2600 wrote:

Yes, but kinda ignoring fans again... A little innovation is good...
But breakable weapons? No dungeons? No new weapons?
Also I hate the cartoon-y style

But yeah, it’s still a good game... Let’s see where they go from here
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Man the breakable weapons are pissing you off xD
I'll see how I'll react to those when I play.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Among other stuff, yes... Zelda is a sword game, wtf is the worth of a wear and tear Master Sword?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:45 am

#12 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:

Yes, but kinda ignoring fans again... A little innovation is good...
But breakable weapons? No dungeons? No new weapons?
Also I hate the cartoon-y style

But yeah, it’s still a good game... Let’s see where they go from here
Haven't played BoTW (would love to, but don't feel like buying a console just for 1 or 2 games). That being said, I hate Zelda dungeons. The magic of Zelda for me was always in exploration and finding new areas and all of that. I think BoTW devs hit it in the nail.

For me, TP was the best 3d Zelda, and Majora's Mask second best, but everything I've seen or read of BoTW makes me think that it will be my favorite when I play it.

PD: since we're talking about Zelda, I hated Wind Waker to no end. The endless sailing was incredibly dull.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Major's Mask is my absolute favorite but you can't sleep on OoT like that!
Wind Waker was beautiful to me. I think people would hate the cartoonish animations maybe? But I didn't have a big issue with sailing. And gameplay was really good as well. I'd play a remake in a heartbeat.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 pm

kod2600 wrote:Major's Mask is my absolute favorite but you can't sleep on OoT like that!
Wind Waker was beautiful to me. I think people would hate the cartoonish animations maybe? But I didn't have a big issue with sailing. And gameplay was really good as well. I'd play a remake in a heartbeat.
What do you mean by the first statement, "slleping on it"?

OoT is the best one, hands down

It has what Zelda should be: back then up to date graphics, not cartoony-gimmicky drawings to mask the limitations of the mostly subpar hardware, a compelling story, a dark tone, great dungeons and as a twist nice time travel mechanics...

MM to me is a good game, but it lives on it's sidequests... I like the time-based approach but it always generated some time of pressure limiting exploration and hustlingand rushing through the dungeons...

Also a first step into Aonuma's Zeldas that are a just too childish for my taste... Nintendo has enough family games - no one's talking about M, bit how about keeping this at least a T game instead of an E one? Most of the gameplay is AT LEAST 10+ anyway...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:31 pm

@kod2600 - So I take it you haven't played Pokemon Sword/Shield yet?
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:07 am

#12 wrote:What do you mean by the first statement, "slleping on it"?

I meant "don't ignore" OoT because it's one of the greatest games I ever played.

#12 wrote:MM to me is a good game, but it lives on it's sidequests... I like the time-based approach but it always generated some time of pressure limiting exploration and hustlingand rushing through the dungeons..

I just love how dark MM is. And it has my favorite soundtrack (maybe?) and the whole 3 days thing is just really good to me.

Dumbledore7 wrote:So I take it you haven't played Pokemon Sword/Shield yet?

I didn't buy a Switch yet. I will defiantly get Sword or Shield when I get the console. However, I'm trying to get myself to really start Ultra Sun. I recently just lost interest to play Pokemon. It happens to me sometimes but I'm sure I'll be interested again sooner or later.

How good is Sword/Shield? Being someone who has a living dex, I really hated the removal of the National Dex.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:25 am

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:What do you mean by the first statement, "slleping on it"?

I meant "don't ignore" OoT because it's one of the greatest games I ever played.

#12 wrote:MM to me is a good game, but it lives on it's sidequests... I like the time-based approach but it always generated some time of pressure limiting exploration and hustlingand rushing through the dungeons..

I just love how dark MM is. And it has my favorite soundtrack (maybe?) and the whole 3 days thing is just really good to me.

Dumbledore7 wrote:So I take it you haven't played Pokemon Sword/Shield yet?

I didn't buy a Switch yet. I will defiantly get Sword or Shield when I get the console. However, I'm trying to get myself to really start Ultra Sun. I recently just lost interest to play Pokemon. It happens to me sometimes but I'm sure I'll be interested again sooner or later.

How good is Sword/Shield? Being someone who has a living dex, I really hated the removal of the National Dex.

Yeah I get this completely. I'm almost tempted to say skip Ultra Sun, because it's nothing much more than the first version. It's a game you could come back to layer on for a quick run to complete the Pokedex sort of thing. I definitely have spells of disinterest too sometimes so totally understand.

Re: Sword and Shield - is it an enjoyable Pokemon experience? Most definitely. Is it a great game? Maybe during the first playthrough, but after that the game doesn't offer too much. Overall I'd rate it around the middle in the list of all Pokemon games.

I've personally been able to forget DexGate to not have that ruin my experience, so I'd say give it a try. With the DLC coming (tomorrow!), more and more Pokemon will also be available. I think the new Pokemon and the Galarian forms are amazing - definitely one of the best sets of new regional Pokémon.

Pokemon Home is also a factor. I've migrated by complete Living Dex and it's actually quite nice to use with the mass Wonder Trading and GTS.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge