You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 pm

I got No Man’s Sky recently after I read a bit about how they’ve added multiplayer and really improved the game. Thought it might be a good way to spend time with friends if we end up locked inside again. I only managed to play it for the second time today. Quite enjoying it, though I think it’s the kind of game that should be played in short bursts rather than prolonged sittings.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:50 pm

Even video games are no longer safe from the political propaganda
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:53 pm

#12 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:Major typo haha

You gotta play the 1st one. Absolutely amazing. Don't mistake it for another horror zombie type of game. The story is so good.
Are there a lot of dark/shocking/stealth parts?

Not as much as the average Resident Evil game I'd say. The key element is survival on scarce resources. And you occasionally run into human enemies.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:04 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Even video games are no longer safe from the political propaganda
Or... You know... Video game threads from right wingers...?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 am

Intensely dislike the PS5 look but can’t wait for these:

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:32 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Intensely dislike the PS5 look but can’t wait for these:

Why? It’s kinda futuristic, I like it, don’t like white though...

Still torn what to do... Originally, I was aiming for an xbox first... But I basically never get brand new consoles before the first price drop and maybe revision... However I somehow want a new system now...
With the upcoming games I‘m torn again... Let’s see what MS has in stock next month... Still like their downward compatibility approach...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:38 am

I tend not to like stuff that’s futuristic for the sake of it as much. I don’t mind the colour but the design is meh.

The PS5 will be PS4-compatible... I don’t think it will play PS3 and older but I don’t think it’s impossible to have digital versions able to play them, considering the push towards digitality with a digital-only model (although I will definitely get the bluray model). I can see myself buying at launch thanks to that backwards compatibility and probably selling the PS4 to finance part of it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I tend not to like stuff that’s futuristic for the sake of it as much. I don’t mind the colour but the design is meh.

The PS5 will be PS4-compatible... I don’t think it will play PS3 and older but I don’t think it’s impossible to have digital versions able to play them, considering the push towards digitality with a digital-only model (although I will definitely get the bluray model). I can see myself buying at launch thanks to that backwards compatibility and probably selling the PS4 to finance part of it.
Yeah it sucks though because you can never get all the really good classics, at least from the HD age... Maybe they’ll update their digital library though...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:49 am

You think people will still give you sone for the OS4? Or are you talking gamestop?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:16 pm

#12 wrote:You think people will still give you sone for the OS4? Or are you talking gamestop?
Convinced I can net at least a 100-150 from some mother wanting to buy their young kid a present haha.

I wish they’d release more of the older generation games digitally. Many are available on smartphones for example but for some reason not all of them make it to consoles.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Man, I look like a retard with so many typos
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Most of the games look pretty shit to be honest. Spider-Man is probably good, Project Athia is interesting and so is Kena. Also made me want to play Horizon: Zero Dawn ASAP, to get the maximum payoff from the guaranteed hit sequel. Rest of the games just look edgy for the sake of being edgy.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Hopefully Gamestop will still be in business this fall (they seem to be slowly circling the drain)...in the past when a new console releases they usually have a really strong trade-in deal, sometimes for up to 200, 250, when you trade in the previous 'newest' console (IIRC, when Xbox One X came out they offered something like 250 for a standard PS4/XB1).
I dunno what PS5 will come in at, but I am hoping they will put out a promo for something like 250ish off with a PS4 pro trade in.

I am still holding out hope it won't be near that $600 price tag I hear quoted a lot. Consoles at launch aren't really driving much profit. The original PS4 was estimated to cost 380 to manufacture, and it retailed for 400 at launch, just 5% above production cost. In the same way, PS5 has been estimated to cost 450 to manufacture; by that same measure you would be looking at a cost of around $475. Perhaps it's optimistic but I expect them to come in right at the 499 price point and not higher - which I suspect is around where Xbox series X will come in, too - and maybe a little bit lower for the "digital edition" (no disc drive) to make things really competitive.

Unfortunately it was clarified today that Spider-Man "Miles Morales" is not a full sequel or anything but rather an expansion to the previous game. I'm still stoked to play it, but a bit disappointed. I guess it makes sense though. The PS4 'original' came out in late 2018 and having a full sequel ready in fall 2020 would be an insane turnaround for a big AAA game like that.
Still there's a number of things I'm pretty stoked for. Nothing new, but GTAV felt a bit hardware-starved on PS4 Pro, I'm excited for that to be reworked for it.
Project Athia looks great, and I'm really intrigued by "Returnal"... Godfall still looks cool, and while the trailer gave me next to no information I'm really interested in "Jett" (but I just love spacey stuff, so)
And of course RE 8 has me stoked, have always been a big fan of the series. Oh! and Deathloop is looking super fun, too. Pragmata looks interesting, and Ghostwire Tokyo seems right up my alley. And of course Horizon 2. (honestly I thought the first was a little bit overrated, but I still enjoyed it and am excited for the sequel)

Honestly though one of the biggest things for me was the Demon's Souls reveal. It is sounding like a full remake/overhaul (not just remaster) which is going to be awesome. Bluepoint does great work, and the original game - while great - has not aged super well, IMO. It's quite clunky by modern standards. It has sounded like From Software has a number of remakes/remasters in the pipeline for PS5, so hopefully it's just the first...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:44 pm

I usually wait a LONG time before I get a new console. I play every game I want on the current console I have THEN I move on.
This time, however, there are two new factors. First, I really want the Nintendo Switch (I am a huge fan of some Nintendo exclusives) so I will defiantly go for the Switch before the PS5 and play some of its games for a long time before I move on. Second, the PS5 is backwards compatible, which means I don't need to play all the PS4 games I want on the PS4 so there's that.

But in general, I need 2 years minimum to even think about the next gen. and yes, I like the design.

Also, look at the size of this thing! I'm sure there will be a slim version by the time I decide to buy it. Lol

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:20 pm

kod2600 wrote:I usually wait a LONG time before I get a new console. I play every game I want on the current console I have THEN I move on.
This time, however, there are two new factors. First, I really want the Nintendo Switch (I am a huge fan of some Nintendo exclusives) so I will defiantly go for the Switch before the PS5 and play some of its games for a long time before I move on. Second, the PS5 is backwards compatible, which means I don't need to play all the PS4 games I want on the PS4 so there's that.

But in general, I need 2 years minimum to even think about the next gen. and yes, I like the design.

Also, look at the size of this thing! I'm sure there will be a slim version by the time I decide to buy it. Lol

Well, to be honest, the switch is expensive paperweight... Wayyy too expensive after so long in the market for such a limited piece of technology... Same for the - few - games... I hear you, I grew up with Nintendo and the N64 to me was the golden era/age of gaming! And while I can live with a different approach than the "more power" one back then and that to some extent MS and Sony are still following, I hate their tendency to innovate just for the sake if innovation... Also their game output is way too low and even 3 year old games still cost the full $60-70 - or € respectively...

Now I love Mario and Zelda... Odyssey is a great game with a lot of creativity, but it feels a bit "short" - not for challenge or game time, but for sheer number of levels IMHO...

Zelda has a massive open world, the shrines are interesting and fun, but it’s pretty empty, the story is nonexistent and it never really feels like a real Zelda game... Too few and too easy/boring dungeons... Way overhyped but yes, a good game definitely worth playing, just not what I want from a Zelda game... As I said, the innovation thing...

Now I hate BMUs and I cannot stand AC and the likes, so there’s really only just Mario Kart as a third game I own so far... Expensive console for so little hobby and leisure...

Now Paper Mario is coming up, but it seems, it'll be the same: players liked depth, depth of characters and the fighting system of the first two installments... Nonetheless they changed everything, produced two flops and are now on the way to bottle a third one... Why not stick to what gamers like(d) and listen to your fans?

It’s stuff like that that's making me move away from Nintendo...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge