You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:58 pm

I like Halo...

Liked some of the Gears games and Fable...

And I got no friends, so yeah

The yearly milking the cow thing, the sheer capitalism, that's what kept me from AC (one game every year...) and also made me go away from FIFA... I was a hipster with Fifa, playing long before it became a thing... Now it just annoys me with every callodoody kid playing it...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 15, 2020 6:19 pm

My first FIFA was 2000. :) I don’t buy it often these days. This year I only got it over Christmas on sale because a couple of friends got PS4s and I figured it would be fun. It annoys me that they don’t play anything else though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My first FIFA was 2000. :) I don’t buy it often these days. This year I only got it over Christmas on sale because a couple of friends got PS4s and I figured it would be fun. It annoys me that they don’t play anything else though.
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14
I still remember my first goal.... France vs China , Guivarch
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:My first FIFA was 2000. :) I don’t buy it often these days. This year I only got it over Christmas on sale because a couple of friends got PS4s and I figured it would be fun. It annoys me that they don’t play anything else though.
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14
Indeed. I’ve been a gamer practically my whole life. My first game was F1 ‘98. Of course at that age I didn’t do much other than press X and crash into walls haha.

By FIFA age I knew what to do though and could play properly although I was bad. In fact my 5th birthday presents were 2 games.

It would also be around this age or slightly later that I started playing the FF series. These are very much adult games with their mythology and everything. I was not good enough to finish them at that age but I watched my dad and brother play them and could follow the stories. I credit it and many other advanced story games played at such a young age as being the driving force that eventually led me to study literature up to postgrad level.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14
First one, Marcel Witeczek, left-fooded scissor kick from outside the box against Bochum...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14
Indeed. I’ve been a gamer practically my whole life. My first game was F1 ‘98. Of course at that age I didn’t do much other than press X and crash into walls haha.

By FIFA age I knew what to do though and could play properly although I was bad. In fact my 5th birthday presents were 2 games.

It would also be around this age or slightly later that I started playing the FF series. These are very much adult games with their mythology and everything. I was not good enough to finish them at that age but I watched my dad and brother play them and could follow the stories. I credit it and many other advanced story games played at such a young age as being the driving force that eventually led me to study literature up to postgrad level.
Had a NES, a while of PC gaming and then an N64... For me, the golden era of gaming and the reason why I‘m still a Zelda and Mario fan to this day - however crappy Nintendo's hardware is these days... While I don’t play much else I still end up buying about every other of their consoles, but since the days I got a PS3 I am pretty firm in the PS camp...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14

By how much is your brother older than you?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:19 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14
First one, Marcel Witeczek, left-fooded scissor kick from outside the box against Bochum...
Haha once on '99 I scored a header from half pitch!!!!!!

And can't forget that comment, " in off the Goalkeeper" ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 15, 2020 7:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]My first FIFA was 2000. :) I don’t buy it often these days. This year I only got it over Christmas on sale because a couple of friends got PS4s and I figured it would be fun. It annoys me that they don’t play anything else though.
@5 yrs of age!

Mine was '99 ....
I was 14

By how much is your brother older than you?[/quote]4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:10 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:05 pm

So anyone's following The Last of Us Part 2's news?
Did you see any of the leaks?
Many people online lost their shit over the leaks and many decided not to play the game at all. I didn't watch any but unfortunately I learned the major events that lead to the backlash. What do you think? (Without discussing details or any leaks because we want to avoid spoilers)
Last edited by kod2600 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:11 pm

kod2600 wrote:So anyone's following The Last of Us Part 2's news?
Did you see any of the leaks?
Many people online lost their shit over the leaks and many decided not to play the game at all. I didn't watch any but unfortunately I learned the major events that lead to the backlash. What do you think? (Without discussing details or any leaks because we don't want to avoid spoilers)
YES WE DO!!!

Nice typo there...

Erm... Still gotta actually play the first one... I know the story in principle and enjoyed the first bits, but I never played beyond the first room full of zombies... I guess it can only be done in stealth and I will replay soon... But stealth and horror/shocking are not particularly my genre...

As with movies, you don’t get to choose the story... If they hate it, they should pull the sticks out their asses - might still be a good game...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Major typo haha

You gotta play the 1st one. Absolutely amazing. Don't mistake it for another horror zombie type of game. The story is so good.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 pm

I still have to play the first one too. So many games in the backlog these days.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:08 pm

kod2600 wrote:Major typo haha

You gotta play the 1st one. Absolutely amazing. Don't mistake it for another horror zombie type of game. The story is so good.
Are there a lot of dark/shocking/stealth parts?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge