You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:23 pm

I think it’s hilarious but tbh in reference to your terrorism comment I’m not totally sure it’s meant to be mocking. Looks like it follows biblical stories accurately from the trailer and perhaps is meant to be educational and a way to reach young audiences? Not sure who the developers are.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Could be educational but it is just meh...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:11 am

Finally got around to playing the new(ish) Spider-Man game for PS4. It's awesome!
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think it’s hilarious but tbh in reference to your terrorism comment I’m not totally sure it’s meant to be mocking. Looks like it follows biblical stories accurately from the trailer and perhaps is meant to be educational and a way to reach young audiences? Not sure who the developers are.

Not the developer but the publisher, PlayWay. The developers are 'different' but I bet they are the same group of people. Check out their other simulation games. Priest simulator, bum simulator, drug dealer simulator...etc. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:00 am

Shout out to those who brought up Ni No Kuni. I've just bought Revenant Kingdom, just because it was on sale, and it's my first exposure to the series. Only played less than an hour so far, but totally hooked and seeing myself spending a lot of time on it when I get the free time.

It literally feels like a cross between Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts. I'm a massive fan of both, so it's perfect and I have no idea how this series has eluded me all these years. Very charming, familiar JRPG. I heard the first game of the series is actually even closer to Pokemon, so will definitely be buying the PS4 remaster soon.

Question to those who've played both games - gameplay aside, would starting with the sequel take away from the experience of the story?
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:51 am

Might look into it if it’s on sale. I also learned about it here and was very interested but it was always expensive when I checked.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 am

I bought the NVIDIA Shield :D
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Might look into it if it’s on sale. I also learned about it here and was very interested but it was always expensive when I checked.

It was on the PS Plus deals, at £13 :shock: Bought it without thinking.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:31 pm

Speaking of which: I started Kingdom Hearts 3... Having trouble following the story but it’s been a while since I played the prequels (No spoilers please, I'll reprise after finishing it)

Bit with all the success - there's bound to be future installments right?
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Might look into it if it’s on sale. I also learned about it here and was very interested but it was always expensive when I checked.

It was on the PS Plus deals, at £13 :shock: Bought it without thinking.

€14.99 for the edition with DLC here. Just bought it too. Thanks for the heads up.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:46 pm

#12 wrote:Speaking of which: I started Kingdom Hearts 3... Having trouble following the story but it’s been a while since I played the prequels (No spoilers please, I'll reprise after finishing it)

I made a point to replay all the games during the 1-2 years building up to KH3 to freshen up, and to be honest I still failed to connect a handful of the dots the first time. The payoff in the end is definitely worth it though.

There's definitely a new storyline or two that they've been priming for future installments. There's also a DLC coming up, but it takes place mid-story.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:12 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:Speaking of which: I started Kingdom Hearts 3... Having trouble following the story but it’s been a while since I played the prequels (No spoilers please, I'll reprise after finishing it)

I made a point to replay all the games during the 1-2 years building up to KH3 to freshen up, and to be honest I still failed to connect a handful of the dots the first time. The payoff in the end is definitely worth it though.

There's definitely a new storyline or two that they've been priming for future installments. There's also a DLC coming up, but it takes place mid-story.

Chances are they’re gonna drag it out for 6-7 spinoffs and another 15+ years for an actual sequel though
Cash cow - Disney...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:40 pm

Okay, I've entered what seems to be the mandatory (for JRPGs) dragged out ending of Kingdom Hearts, here’s my take:

As always, I feel they wasted a lot of potential which - let's be honest - for Kingdom Hearts is basically infinite...
The first 4 worlds are awesome, the boss battles including battle theme are truly EPIC!
Sadly they lost a little track toward the end, and - let's face it - there should have been 3-4 more worlds!
They did a great job at carrying the fighting setup and system into 2019... I was afraid they would have to completely revamp it but they only made a few changes that suit the game well... Good job...
Worlds are big, diverse and have a great pace on storytelling... Different approaches though (just like in the movie vs. individual story based on the characters) - as already mentioned, should've been more...
The actual story, however, with all its complexity is not put in too well IMHO... At times it's wayyyy too pacey...

Overall I REALLY enjoyed it and hope for another installment within 3-5 years, not 16
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:57 pm

How necessary are the previous installments? I’ve played 1 and 2, and Chain of Memories, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

The KH universe is a bit complicated with so many different games on different platforms and a non-chronological timeline, and with so much time between my playthroughs I always kind of resigned myself to not fully understanding. Is it still enjoyable?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Agreed the game was a bit too short. I would also have liked it to be more... difficult or complicated for lack of better word. I think the only Kingdom Hearts games to truly satisfy me and not left me wanting more were KH2 and 358/2 days to be honest.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:How necessary are the previous installments? I’ve played 1 and 2, and Chain of Memories, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

The KH universe is a bit complicated with so many different games on different platforms and a non-chronological timeline, and with so much time between my playthroughs I always kind of resigned myself to not fully understanding. Is it still enjoyable?

Ultimately I would say all but Re:Coded are necessary to an extent, just to truly appreciate the ending of KH3.

If you have the Final Mix bundles of games, I would highly recommend watching the 358/2 days cinematic at the very least. If you're up to finishing one additional game, then it would have to be Birth by Sleep.

Alternatively, watch one of the 20-minute summary videos on YouTube :P. They're very good but the downside is you might not get some of the emotional payoffs in the ending of KH3. It won't take away from the vast majority of the game though.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge