You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 am

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:Compare it to Witcher then... I'm talking style... It’s 2019... Generic Sprites are not gonna cut it.

You don't get it. I give up. xD

I TOO get it

OoT was groundbreaking: day/night mechanics, horseridimg, target focusing, free roam (in a limited area), state of the art graphics... It was an adult game...
All Aonuma did ever since was ridicule it, make it a fairy tale and cutify it...

Look at the demo from years ago for WiiU...
THAT is why some people bought that piece of crap - and what did they get? An "oh-so-beautiful" comic, because deep down Nintendo knows its limited hardware can not nearly compete with others... Now they have another lifestyle product after the Wii that a lot of people buy despite the agonizing lack of games YET AGAIN... But the people that wanted THAT GAME were the actually faithful ones and look what they got...

Just look at what happened after WW when TP was announced... Is it too mich to ask to have a serious-looking game every decade? Is it unreasonable? Unfair? "Irrational"?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 pm

So the SE CEO said they "didn't know yet" how many games FFVIIR would turn out to be...
I assume it’ll be 5 or 6 at 80€ each

As for Pokémon... It looks even worse on free roam... Like a cheap cellphone game... No detail, no life, weird...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 pm

#12 wrote:So the SE CEO said they "didn't know yet" how many games FFVIIR would turn out to be...

As for Pokémon... It looks even worse on free roam... Like a cheap cellphone game... No detail, no life, weird...

It's very weird because they're releasing a physical copy for the first part but there's no indication on the artwork that it's episode one... and it's priced like an ordinary game.

My suspicion is the other episodes will be DLC that'll be free or cheapish, and possibly a paid part two release? I think I read it will take 2 Blu-ray disks. If all the episodes are expensive that will be a big FU to the fans who have waited years for this.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:So the SE CEO said they "didn't know yet" how many games FFVIIR would turn out to be...

It's very weird because they're releasing a physical copy for the first part but there's no indication on the artwork that it's episode one... and it's priced like an ordinary game.

My suspicion is the other episodes will be DLC that'll be free or cheapish, and possibly a paid part two release? I think I read it will take 2 Blu-ray disks. If all the episodes are expensive that will be a big FU to the fans who have waited years for this.

They're in kind of a weird spot here. First is the fact that the first part is said to only cover Midgar...but still takes two discs. So they must be expanding on quite a bit because in the original Midgar is what, 10 percent of the game? And obviously they're not gonna release another 9 parts to account for the remaining 90 percent. HAhaha.

But what's more interesting to me is how it's falling right towards the end of a console lifecycle. Most folks seem to believe next-gen (PS5) will be launching in late 2020. Of course there will still be support for PS4 past that, and PS5 is said to be backward compatible so shouldn't represent too many development challenges, but still, it'll feel a bit odd to have a game come out as a PS4 release in March and then in October or November see PS5 release and presumably release all subsequent 'parts' on PS5, too.

Anyways, I'll be interested to see how quickly they start releasing the remaining parts once the first comes out. Part of me wonders if they're just playing coy regarding how many parts - it was widely reported for months that it would only be two or three parts, so many more than three or so would really be pretty surprising - and I'd suspect that FFXVI for next-gen has to be on the horizon, too, so I can't think that they'd want to be 'stuck' on FFVII remake much longer than they already have been, idk...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm

#12 wrote:As for Pokémon... It looks even worse on free roam... Like a cheap cellphone game... No detail, no life, weird...

It is an improvement nonetheless. It's a Pokemon game and having "that" open wild area is a very welcomed change. They will build on that. My major issue is that you can transfer your Pokemon from previous games only if they appear in the new region. I hope they fix that.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 pm

kod2600 wrote:My major issue is that you can transfer your Pokemon from previous games only if they appear in the new region. I hope they fix that.

I'm honestly this close to cancelling my pre-order, and the backlash they've received about this is pretty serious. Utter embarrassment if they stick to this.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby kod2600 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:My major issue is that you can transfer your Pokemon from previous games only if they appear in the new region. I hope they fix that.

I'm honestly this close to cancelling my pre-order, and the backlash they've received about this is pretty serious. Utter embarrassment if they stick to this.

Bro I have a living dex in my poke bank. Do you know how fucked up this is to me?
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm

kod2600 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

Bro I have a living dex in my poke bank. Do you know how **** up this is to me?

Well I have two sets of living dexes. I guess the competitive one will have to stay in Bank.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby kod2600 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 pm

I didn't complete the Alola pokedex. My Ultra Sun copy is on the way. I'll complete it then.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:05 pm

@aterford: good point about it coinciding with the end of a cycle.

Yeah it’s pretty clear they’ve expanded Midgar a lot which I am happy about because I always felt like that part almost feels like a different game (considering you can’t go back to Midgar except late in the game as part of the story) so I’m glad to see more being done with it. I’m not sure how it’s going to pan out for the other episodes assuming they’re of comparable length.

Like any serialized media you’d want to end an episode at a significant moment if you’re going to make people wait for the next part. Leaving Midgar is a good place to end it. Presumably the next one would end with Aeris’s death which is of similar length in the original games I think. But after that it becomes problematic. I don’t think there’s another comparable moment until the Northern Crater opens, which would make the third part too long and the final part much shorter.

It depends a lot on what they’re going to do with the rest of the material and if they’re making changes like with Midgar, I suppose. If they expand on the Weapons enough they could end episode 3 with their appearance, episode 4 with removing the barrier around the Northern Crater, and episode 5 the crater itself. Cinematically I think that makes sense and gives the 5-part structure.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:@aterford: good point about it coinciding with the end of a cycle.

Yeah it’s pretty clear they’ve expanded Midgar a lot which I am happy about because I always felt like that part almost feels like a different game (considering you can’t go back to Midgar except late in the game as part of the story) so I’m glad to see more being done with it. I’m not sure how it’s going to pan out for the other episodes assuming they’re of comparable length.

Like any serialized media you’d want to end an episode at a significant moment if you’re going to make people wait for the next part. Leaving Midgar is a good place to end it. Presumably the next one would end with Aeris’s death which is of similar length in the original games I think. But after that it becomes problematic. I don’t think there’s another comparable moment until the Northern Crater opens, which would make the third part too long and the final part much shorter.

It depends a lot on what they’re going to do with the rest of the material and if they’re making changes like with Midgar, I suppose. If they expand on the Weapons enough they could end episode 3 with their appearance, episode 4 with removing the barrier around the Northern Crater, and episode 5 the crater itself. Cinematically I think that makes sense and gives the 5-part structure.

Well...

First of all, let me say that FFVII does not possess nostalgia bonus with me as I played it MUCH later (OoT does but I think I'd still consider it the best piece of software ever created regardless...) - but it’s clear to me they’re doing a REMAKE and not a Remaster... So they're likely to add and cut at will as long as they keep to the general overall storyline...

That said, don’t know what you guys heard of it, but they SPECIFICALLY said that they didn’t expect development cycles to be much shorter for the subsequent parts! So there will probably be at least one on PS6 even...
It’s classic SE MO as of late... Start 100things, finish few...

Expect more unexpected stuff
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm

As for the Pokémon game: I know it’s a step forward, but that’s what I meant by tacky, it’s just so sterile...

I mean this is not like Zelda, where as you know I expect a more realistic approach, but it’s just sooo much wasted potential... A style similar to the TV series would be great for Pokémon IMHO, but it needs to be more lively, weather needs to have an effect of an actual landscape as well and not just a green carpet... With those zombie Pokémon trainers standing in the middle of nowhere it’s just... CREEPY...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm

#12 wrote:As for the Pokémon game: I know it’s a step forward, but that’s what I meant by tacky, it’s just so sterile...

I mean this is not like Zelda, where as you know I expect a more realistic approach, but it’s just sooo much wasted potential... A style similar to the TV series would be great for Pokémon IMHO, but it needs to be more lively, weather needs to have an effect of an actual landscape as well and not just a green carpet... With those zombie Pokémon trainers standing in the middle of nowhere it’s just... CREEPY...

The Pokemon game we all dream of is a legit open world where you can visit all previous regions in addition to a new one. Or at least multiple previous regions. But this is fantasy at this point.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:As for the Pokémon game: I know it’s a step forward, but that’s what I meant by tacky, it’s just so sterile...

The Pokemon game we all dream of is a legit open world where you can visit all previous regions in addition to a new one. Or at least multiple previous regions. But this is fantasy at this point.

Yes, because people regularly get orgasms on half assed shit

If Nintendo got their comeuppance once, they would change their ways... But people continue to buy this stuff so why change?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 pm

I agree with you on the fact that it could be called half assed shit becuase well, we couldn't ask for all this on the 3ds but now the Switch is capable of doing so. Sooo...
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge