You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby aterford » Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Lately been back in RDR2. Honestly, kinda underwhelmed - it's a good game, but the hype for it got way out of control IMO. But I'm like 3/4ths finished so feel I can't abandon it yet. But it's one of those things where I just wanna be done with it and move on. Working on KH3 still, too. Pretty fun, but after playing for a week or so kinda lost its luster for me. Oh well.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Massive fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. Have to admit, the combat and overall gameplay gets slightly stale and the content might be relatively low, but if you're a fan of the general story, the last world is a big payoff. Pure fan service.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:17 am

has anyone here played the Division 2?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 14, 2019 7:37 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Massive fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. Have to admit, the combat and overall gameplay gets slightly stale and the content might be relatively low, but if you're a fan of the general story, the last world is a big payoff. Pure fan service.

I got into the series very late but I also enjoy it (I am a massive fan of both Final Fantasy and Disney so no surprises there). Still have to play the entire 2.8 collection and perhaps Birth by Sleep before looking into KH3.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Massive fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. Have to admit, the combat and overall gameplay gets slightly stale and the content might be relatively low, but if you're a fan of the general story, the last world is a big payoff. Pure fan service.

I got into the series very late but I also enjoy it (I am a massive fan of both Final Fantasy and Disney so no surprises there). Still have to play the entire 2.8 collection and perhaps Birth by Sleep before looking into KH3.

I have to say sticking to the series is one of the best gaming decisions I've made. It's like investing time into the Harry Potter books or the Marvel movies.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Gotta say: I like the games, but I‘m just not that "hyped" about them...
And to be honest I only enjoyed the main games...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue May 14, 2019 10:15 pm

For sure. I actually think I'm pretty close to wrapping it up. Got it on release day, my wife and I played it a TON and got probably 3/4ths of the way through in just a few days. But then life got kinda busy, next thing I knew hadn't played in a couple months now. I always have a bit of trouble jumping back into a game that I was really "in" and then got "out" for a long period, but definitely intend to finish it up soon
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 am

aterford wrote:

For sure. I actually think I'm pretty close to wrapping it up. Got it on release day, my wife and I played it a TON and got probably 3/4ths of the way through in just a few days. But then life got kinda busy, next thing I knew hadn't played in a couple months now. I always have a bit of trouble jumping back into a game that I was really "in" and then got "out" for a long period, but definitely intend to finish it up soon

Story of my life in 2019. Haven’t really been playing at all, not sure whether I’ve finished a single game. Had started Far Cry: New Dawn but then got distracted with work and travelling. I think Heaven’s Vault is the only one which has kept me coming back.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Started God of War a couple of days ago. It's unbelievably beautiful so far.

Spoiler: show
Boy.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:15 pm

kod2600 wrote:Started God of War a couple of days ago. It's unbelievably beautiful so far.

Boy.

It’s a great game... Second best on PS4 in this console generation...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:25 pm

#12 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:Started God of War a couple of days ago. It's unbelievably beautiful so far.

Boy.

What's the best?
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 pm

kod2600 wrote:What's the best?

Horizon Zero Dawn (imo and I think #12 believes so too).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
kod2600 wrote:What's the best?

Horizon Zero Dawn (imo and I think #12 believes so too).

I just finished it. Platinum trophy too. That game was so good. The whole concept is unique. Combat is so on point. The story is well written. I wouldn't argue with anyone calling it the best
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:43 pm

kod2600 wrote:
#12 wrote:

Boy.

What's the best?

GoW is far superior to HZD IMO. Not a bad game, very pretty, mechanically sharp, but from a story/character perspective I found it to be super generic/predictable. God of War though, that's an all-time great for me
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:55 pm

HZD didn't have anything generic imo. Felt fresh honestly. I feel like GoW will end up better to me.
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge