You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 pm

My Second hand ps 4 is not working properly....

It is not reading the games...

It stops before the main menu...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:My Second hand ps 4 is not working properly....

Every game? My friend in having a similar issue sometimes.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:My Second hand ps 4 is not working properly....

Every game? My friend in having a similar issue sometimes.
Yes ... it is very annoying
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Yes ... it is very annoying

https://allgamers.com/article/5444/how- ... 4-database

Try this with fingers crossed.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Yes ... it is very annoying

https://allgamers.com/article/5444/how- ... 4-database

Try this with fingers crossed.
Istra.... thanks nipprovaha...

Hopefully it works, even if I lose all data but it still worth a try
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Shouldn't be the case that you lose data. No idea if it'll help with this problem but it seems to be a fix for many issues
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:16 pm

I have a gripe/question.

Why does the PC version of Tropico 6 cost around €25 while the PS4 version cost €54?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Supply and demand
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm

To be fair the PC version is a digital download, PS4 is a disc so you can resell it.

Steam will almost always be better if you want good prices, but the PS store actually has pretty good deals and sales too. My method tends to be:
- Only buy a new disc game if it's a series that means a lot to me (mainly stuff I've played all my life, like Final Fantasy, Crash/Spyro, Tomb Raider), or games which I know I will like just as much (Horizon Zero Dawn).
- Otherwise, only buy disc games second-hand.
- Only buy games on sale from the PS store. They take ages to reduce prices permanently, but on sale you can get very cheap games. There's always some kind of sale going on. My advice would also be to create multiple accounts: EU, US, UK. That way you can benefit from the different sales in the different regions. To buy stuff from the non-EU stores you will need to get gift cards on ebay/amazon (very quick as they email you the code). I suspect Revolut could also work, but I haven't tried it yet. Haven't been buying games.
- Unless you're very picky about the kind of games you like, PS+ is worth it. Every now and then they will include a brilliant game in the free lineup which pretty much pays for the entire year in my opinion. You'll also get a bunch of others which you'd never even have heard about otherwise. Some are quite enjoyable, although they tend to be simple or indie games.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:- Unless you're very picky about the kind of games you like, PS+ is worth it. Every now and then they will include a brilliant game in the free lineup which pretty much pays for the entire year in my opinion. You'll also get a bunch of others which you'd never even have heard about otherwise. Some are quite enjoyable, although they tend to be simple or indie games.

For Honor and Hitman for February, + MGS4 on PS3. Great lineup.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Heaven’s Vault. I got it as it has a special appeal to me because it is one of those rare pieces of art about translation, but it is so far a great game. Those of you who like story-driven and those kind of artsy games, check this one out. It promises to be a different game each time you play it... you pick when and how long to talk to other characters, where to go next, and so on. The game gives you very little clues to piece together what the best next step is... and the ones you get, you mainly have to figure out what they mean yourself by translating an ancient language.

Quite impressed and really enjoying it although taking it slowly. Possibly still too expensive (picked it up at €21.99) but it’s only just been released.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Cheers, am a sucker for those. How does it compare to Life is Strange?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

The Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Cheers, am a sucker for those. How does it compare to Life is Strange?

Haven’t gotten through enough but it is seems very different. LIS is focused on relations and giving attention to certain taboo topics. This one seems more a mystery which you try to make sense of.

Also with LIS and Telltale games you choose dialogue... here it’s different. Your choices are almost always either question or remark, or reply with a question or reply with declarative. You really have no clue what you are going to say most of the time, although there are moments you get to choose between certain sentences. Your freedom lies in whether to ask or state, or not talk at all. I think even when you are given certain choices, if you wait long enough you simply won’t say anything.

What I really like though, and in this I think it beats LIS, is that the dialogue is VERY important. You are constantly building up a timeline of events and piecing together history which is crucial in how you proceed and how you translate things. I think getting the right translation depends a lot on the lore you’ve come across. Also so far most of the clues and inscriptions I’ve found seem to be missable depending on what you choose to say or do so I’m really curious about where else this game could go. Definitely one I’ll replay.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 13, 2019 8:04 pm

While we’re at it have you played LIS2? I’m waiting until they release it all this time unlike Before the Storm.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Wow, I'm sold. Will buy when I need a new game.

LiS2 I haven't played - same as you, waiting until Christmas for the full thing.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge