You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Maltese members

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:50 pm

MUTU wrote:Truly embarrassing.

Why embarrassing? It was the same group behind both shows. I mean, sure, I'd have expected them to be more original, but it's not like the Maltese people stole the idea.

I only watched on TV but without a doubt this was the best part of last night and that's a bit of a shame, considering it was conceived by foreign artists. Other than that I think there was a lot left to be desired for an opening ceremony. This was a nice event, the projections were beautiful and everything, but it just wasn't worthy of an opening; it shouldn't have been done at some other point. It reduced our celebration of culture to a couple of fancy projections and some Eurovision-style singing when in actual fact we can offer so much more. I'm quite familiar with the cultural programme for this year and there are going to be quite a number of promising events and very diverse ones too. The problem is, of course, that most events are organised by separate cultural entities, so they are decentralised - which is probably why they're good and why they don't have such a restricted view of culture as we saw yesterday. Doesn't reflect well on the Foundation.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 am

Min. Bonnici replied in Parliament to criticism for the transport failure and also for the fact that the show near the Tritoni did not seem to be original.
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... ium=widget

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 pm

A policeman sustained fractures and a sergeant suffered slight injuries after they tried to restrain a knife-wielding man in Floriana on Friday morning.

Police said the incident happened around 9am at Vilhena Garden when it was alerted that a 23-year-old man was cutting grass with a knife.

Police from the Rapid Intervention Unit went to the scene and ordered him to drop the knife but their order was met with aggressive resistance.

The man, originally from Chad and residing at Marsa, resisted arrest, during which the two policemen were injured.

He was subsequently arrested. Police are investigating [source]

A man was stabbed and abandoned in Triq il-Miratur, Floriana on Thursday evening.

The police were called to investigate reports of an unconscious man at 8.30pm, who was later certified in hospital as being in a serious condition.

He was later identified as a 31-year-old Tunisian, living in Floriana.

Investigations are underway. [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:51 am

ramsej84 wrote:
A policeman sustained fractures and a sergeant suffered slight injuries after they tried to restrain a knife-wielding man in Floriana on Friday morning.

Police said the incident happened around 9am at Vilhena Garden when it was alerted that a 23-year-old man was cutting grass with a knife.

Police from the Rapid Intervention Unit went to the scene and ordered him to drop the knife but their order was met with aggressive resistance.

The man, originally from Chad and residing at Marsa, resisted arrest, during which the two policemen were injured.

He was subsequently arrested. Police are investigating [source]

A man was stabbed and abandoned in Triq il-Miratur, Floriana on Thursday evening.

The police were called to investigate reports of an unconscious man at 8.30pm, who was later certified in hospital as being in a serious condition.

He was later identified as a 31-year-old Tunisian, living in Floriana.

Investigations are underway. [source]

Why do I get the feeling that, had the aggressors been Maltese, you wouldn't have posted this? :\
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm

but you have to understand that the perpetrator is a guest / refugee / illegal ...

he should be thankful to us and even more to the authorities...
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Maybe he was mowing the lawn one grass at a time.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:56 am

The story of a Tunisian family in Malta
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... ium=widget

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:13 pm

San Pawl jiehu daqqa mal biebhttps://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/news/ara-san-pawl-jiehu-tisbita-mal-bieb/

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm

The man who attempted to rob an elderly woman on Sunday was jailed for two years on Tuesday.

Fabrizio Carucci, a 50-year old Italian with no fixed address in Malta, was photographed by the woman as he lurked inside her home in Birkirkara.

The man's failed attempt made the news after the victim’s daughter posted a Facebook comment about her mother’s ordeal, together with his picture.

The mother faced the intruder and questioned him as she tried to recover her purse from his grip. Meanwhile, she even managed to take his photo.

A police report was filed and the man was arrested within minutes.

On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to charges over the attempted theft as well as the aggravated theft of the victim’s purse.

Inspector Elton Taliana explained that the man, who claimed to have been working as a waiter "up to today", had already been given a chance to fix his ways but he persisted in his way of life, so much so that his latest offences had been committed under the operative period of a suspended sentence and in breach of a conditional discharge.

Defence lawyer Christopher Chircop pointed out that his client had a drug problem and had been given no help so far. He was still waiting to be admitted to rehabilitation.

The court, presided over by magistrate Neville Camilleri, recommended that the Director of Prison should provide all necessary help so that the accused might start and finish a drug rehabilitation programme. [source]

look what we have roaming our streets!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
The man who attempted to rob an elderly woman on Sunday was jailed for two years on Tuesday.

Fabrizio Carucci, a 50-year old Italian with no fixed address in Malta, was photographed by the woman as he lurked inside her home in Birkirkara.

The man's failed attempt made the news after the victim’s daughter posted a Facebook comment about her mother’s ordeal, together with his picture.

The mother faced the intruder and questioned him as she tried to recover her purse from his grip. Meanwhile, she even managed to take his photo.

A police report was filed and the man was arrested within minutes.

On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to charges over the attempted theft as well as the aggravated theft of the victim’s purse.

Inspector Elton Taliana explained that the man, who claimed to have been working as a waiter "up to today", had already been given a chance to fix his ways but he persisted in his way of life, so much so that his latest offences had been committed under the operative period of a suspended sentence and in breach of a conditional discharge.

Defence lawyer Christopher Chircop pointed out that his client had a drug problem and had been given no help so far. He was still waiting to be admitted to rehabilitation.

The court, presided over by magistrate Neville Camilleri, recommended that the Director of Prison should provide all necessary help so that the accused might start and finish a drug rehabilitation programme. [source]

look what we have roaming our streets!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Actually he was inside :lol: :mrgreen:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:23 pm

really the situation is getting desperate in this claustrophobic island ... we don't need these rats around...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:really the situation is getting desperate in this claustrophobic island ... we don't need these rats around...

Yet, as I've said before, it's the Maltese who are "fleeing" in large numbers. Malta is currently going through another migration wave comparable to the ones we had in the early-mid 20th century when many moved to the UK and Australia. The number of people my age who have settled elsewhere is alarmingly big and always increasing, and most of those of us still here intend to do so in the coming years. I think this is mostly the higher educated people - most of the time it's either people moving to study and staying there, or people moving because their level of education doesn't offer them enough decent opportunities here.

So where does this leave us? A less claustrophic island, maybe, but when with an aging population, an ever-increasing number of foreign residents, and with a lost generation of talented people. Our education system pre-University is in shambles and the current generation at school (who will soon be at University level themselves) are a complete disaster both educationally and socially speaking. There are exceptions of course... but it's noticeable compared to previous generations. I blame the internet. It's not a bright future for Malta if you ask me.

I've said all this before, but people of different generations really need to be made aware of this risk of a lost generation.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:really the situation is getting desperate in this claustrophobic island ... we don't need these rats around...

Yet, as I've said before, it's the Maltese who are "fleeing" in large numbers. Malta is currently going through another migration wave comparable to the ones we had in the early-mid 20th century when many moved to the UK and Australia. The number of people my age who have settled elsewhere is alarmingly big and always increasing, and most of those of us still here intend to do so in the coming years. I think this is mostly the higher educated people - most of the time it's either people moving to study and staying there, or people moving because their level of education doesn't offer them enough decent opportunities here.

So where does this leave us? A less claustrophic island, maybe, but when with an aging population, an ever-increasing number of foreign residents, and with a lost generation of talented people. Our education system pre-University is in shambles and the current generation at school (who will soon be at University level themselves) are a complete disaster both educationally and socially speaking. There are exceptions of course... but it's noticeable compared to previous generations. I blame the internet. It's not a bright future for Malta if you ask me.

I've said all this before, but people of different generations really need to be made aware of this risk of a lost generation.
I am afraid that you are spot on, yet gowzef u shabu keep on telling us how well our economy is doing!
I guess you heard about Betsson... soon all will fall like a house of cards....
With all due respect Malta has become a little Sicily Libya and China mixed together!

We need to stand up and all those responsible need to pay!

On a different note, is anyone thinking of going to the World Cup tour?
10.02 @ is - suq tal- Belt.

If so you need tickets

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 am

ramsej84 wrote:On a different note, is anyone thinking of going to the World Cup tour?

If so you need tickets

How can we get tickets? I am interested but the only thing I've come across so far is some sort of Coca Cola competition. Is there any other way we could get tickets?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:On a different note, is anyone thinking of going to the World Cup tour?

If so you need tickets

How can we get tickets? I am interested but the only thing I've come across so far is some sort of Coca Cola competition. Is there any other way we could get tickets?
Ditto.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge