You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

German members...

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: German members...

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:16 pm

RedQueen wrote:
A miracle... tell that to the workers in the rust belt. But judging from your condescending tone, you probably think you know their situation better than those workers themselves, who are simply too dumb to cast the "correct vote". God forbid we question why the democrats failed to nominate a candidate who actually had a chance of winning.

Oh you mean she didn't win by more then three million votes? :lol:

But sure, you will tell us how you know better about the rust belt workers than anyone else. Enlighten us please. I'm dying to get informed. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:26 pm

tflags wrote:
RedQueen wrote:
A miracle... tell that to the workers in the rust belt. But judging from your condescending tone, you probably think you know their situation better than those workers themselves, who are simply too dumb to cast the "correct vote". God forbid we question why the democrats failed to nominate a candidate who actually had a chance of winning.

Oh you mean she didn't win by more then three million votes? :lol:

But sure, you will tell us how you know better about the rust belt workers than anyone else. Enlighten us please. I'm dying to get informed. :P

Unless you didn't get that, she lost the election. It doesn't matter in the US whether she won the popular vote.

And I'm sorry having to disappoint you: unlike you I don't claim to know better about the rust belt workers than those workers themselves.

Ottackon listed a couple of the problems with the unemployment statistic. It's not a US specific problem, the inadequacies are more or less the same in every country, which is why it is widely considered the most misleading among all economic statistics. You should read up on it.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:29 pm

ottackon wrote:Here are some of the tricks used by the Obama administration to achieve their full employement mirage :

Sure . . . Bloomberg: "Since 1994, there haven’t been any meaningful changes to the unemployment-survey questions. There have been lots of minor changes in methods, mainly to the population controls used in weighting the surveys, and there’s been a decline in survey response rates that could well be pushing the unemployment rate down slightly." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then again, we could theoretically continue to count those who don't wish to work as unemployed and bring the stats up again but. . . Half the unemployment rate using the same methods of calculation from 22 years ago? The f*ckers.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:35 pm

RedQueen wrote: You should read up on it.

Honey, much as I liked, I used to be forced to read the President's Economic Report from page 1 till the end. During the years cited bellow. Something tells me you don't know what the squat you are talking about.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:42 pm

tflags wrote:
RedQueen wrote: You should read up on it.

Honey, much as I liked, I used to be forced to read the President's Economic Report from page 1 till the end. During the years cited bellow. Something tells me you don't know what the squat you are talking about.

Maybe instead of the President's Economic Report you should try some critical academic reception. They're not hard to find, as the subject is taught in the early lectures in every economics course. A decent standard textbook should suffice.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

tflags wrote:
ottackon wrote:Here are some of the tricks used by the Obama administration to achieve their full employement mirage :

Sure . . . Bloomberg: "Since 1994, there haven’t been any meaningful changes to the unemployment-survey questions. There have been lots of minor changes in methods, mainly to the population controls used in weighting the surveys, and there’s been a decline in survey response rates that could well be pushing the unemployment rate down slightly." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justin Fox who is a mere Bloomberg View columnist, and not a nobel winner, gives his opinion, and says these minor changes in methods only had a slight influence on the unemployment rate, but in the same time, he does not deny that this rate is misleading, he even says in the end that "to really understand the long-term health of the job market, there are better places to look for the unemployment rate." In the comments section, no one's buying the governmental figures either.
And then, there are a lot of institutes and researchers who are challenging this unemployement rate.
The funny thing, is that you keep defending a foreing goverment as if you had missed your vocation, you'd almost get mixed up with the White House spokesman.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Can we stay "German" in this thread?

@RedQueen: you act like we lived in biblical times, during civil war with violence in the streets 24/7...
What you talk about is a side issue at most... We have no Muslim Mafia, secretly pulling the strings with police standing by, watching...
profiling... Do you know how many crimes are commited by teachers? Judges? Middle-Aged women? Pensioners?
Well, I hope you would know with putting up such demands...
The only ise sich statistics have are - and since you're German, you know the word - Stimmungsmache... How about attacking some of the real problems? Like making sure that those who are not allowed to stay are sent back quickly and efficiently without problems? Like making sure that those who fail to adapt the way you pointed out, are sent back?
Cause if you talk about that constitution, you must know what it entails, right?
Plus: We have had a constant refugee flow in the likes of dix-digit numbers for about 30 years now - so again: we always had those, it was just not that much of an issue...

Regarding midfle class: I'm a teacher... No idea if you know what a teacher makes, but I definitely don't consider myself upper class... Some people have real problems, I know that! But please don't act like you didn't know that Germans are a people of whiners and complainers!?! Record sales for Christmas in the retail industry - must be the upper class... Record sales in fireworks - must be the upper class... Only two of the more recent examples... See what I'm getting at? If things were as bad as you say, I wonder who the hell bought all thos crap and how did they find the time - and the courage - to leave the house, considering life in Germany is so dim and dangerous...
And even if they bought it on Amazon, money had to come from somewhere...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:17 pm

@#12

Where to begin... first of all, I'm first and foremost trying to present an argument as to why the left-leaning parties lose votes to the AfD. Because I find it a cheap excuse to claim that all of a sudden 15 percent of the population have turned dumb and are simply falling for "Stimmungsmache", as you call it. I used the situation in the US as a comparison because I think there are similar issues behind the Trump election success.

Record expenditures for Christmas gifts and fireworks, that is no mystery in the current environment of zero interest rates. People see no reason to save for old age or for a home of their own, because they know that under the circumstances they won't get anywhere with it. Of course they are not starving, but that doesn't mean that all things considered the average "Facharbeiter" isn't worse off than he was decades ago. Decades ago for a Facharbeiter there was no question of temporary employment, job insecurity, and most of them could afford a home of their own. Many of them are old enough to remember. Income inequality has greatly increased, from a Gini coefficient of 25 in 1985 to almost 30 according to the latest data. That is a world of difference when it comes to income inequality, and the gap has become even far bigger when wealth inequality is considered.

You're a teacher, which means that while you don't make upper-class money, you are most likely a civil servant or employee of the public sector. As such, unless you haven't started working very recently, you most likely don't know problems of job insecurity and inadequate retirement benefits. In addition, you are surrounded by people with similar beliefs. I know that situation, I used to work in a similar environment, a public research institution, for years. Everyone thinks more or less the same, everyone assures everyone else that it's the "reasonable thing". After a time, you start to believe that anyone who feels entirely different is irrational, misguided by some sort of agenda, or simply too dumb "to get the facts". I get that impression quite frequently reading your posts on politics. I only realized the impact some time after I had left that environment.

You're right, we don't live in the middle ages with 24/7 violence on the streets. Still, every public poll I've seen on the subject yields the same results. People - and in particular women - feel more insecure on the streets than a couple of years ago. References to crimes committed by middle aged women, pensioners and what not - I'm astounded the deaths from traffic accidents are missing - are the usual subterfuges. Compare the crime rates (crimes per head) committed between different groups of people and you get the picture. Ask police officers (preferably female ones) about their experiences in the so-called problem areas and you get the picture. People aren't simply dumb or irrational or misguided by evil right-wing populists if they don't like these developments.

Alternatively you can keep telling yourself and go into hysterics along with our much lauded "serious press", who are also stewing in their own juice, over the inexplicable phenomenon that so many people have suddenly "turned dumb" and are falling for "evil right-wing populists". I find the German media quite hilarious presently, not far off an "Aktuelle Kamera" v 2.0. Especially ARD and ZDF. The FAZ is the only major German publication left I read for information and not entertainment. Other than that, if I'm looking for information I'm heading to nzz.ch or tagesanzeiger.ch or bazonline.ch from Switzerland.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

ottackon wrote:Justin Fox who is a mere Bloomberg View columnist, and not a nobel winner, gives his opinion, and says these minor changes in methods only had a slight influence on the unemployment rate, but in the same time, he does not deny that this rate is misleading, he even says in the end that "to really understand the long-term health of the job market, there are better places to look for the unemployment rate." In the comments section, no one's buying the governmental figures either.
And then, there are a lot of institutes and researchers who are challenging this unemployement rate.
The funny thing, is that you keep defending a foreing goverment as if you had missed your vocation, you'd almost get mixed up with the White House spokesman.

Of course, I told you, fake news! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ottackon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Someone had clown for breakfast today ..
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Since this Band is German I am posting it here.
Enjoy https://youtu.be/1UUYjd2rjsE

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

And this ,which you desperately need...
https://youtu.be/n4RjJKxsamQ

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 pm

The European problem is not radical islam, that can be dealt with very easy.
With :
common sense,
right Leaders in place,
And with the vital help of our Muslim Bros and all Muslims of good will.
The real problem is to find those who are funding these pigs to create havoc and mayhem in our old continent. That is going to be the hard thing cause the enemy is very strong, rich and cunning and has all its claws anywhere.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Classified documents reveal that the Fuhrer may have used a secret runway to escape his Berlin bunker flee to South America in a Luftwaffe plane

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCB general » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:24 pm

You forgot the most important part - The spy who believes Hitler may have faked his own death: Classified documents reveal that the Fuhrer may have used a secret runway to escape his Berlin bunker flee to South America in a Luftwaffe plane

Well, I believe that I'm going to marry Rocío Miranda from Perú. :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge