You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Rants Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 am

I was thinking the same ramsej but I'm wondering whether you and I were taught about it because of Malta's Great Siege.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9872 times
Been thanked: 8001 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I was thinking the same ramsej but I'm wondering whether you and I were taught about it because of Malta's Great Siege.
What exactly , the crusade?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I was thinking the same ramsej but I'm wondering whether you and I were taught about it because of Malta's Great Siege.
What exactly , the crusade?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I mean about our awareness of Islamic violence in past centuries.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9872 times
Been thanked: 8001 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I was thinking the same ramsej but I'm wondering whether you and I were taught about it because of Malta's Great Siege.
What exactly , the crusade?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I mean about our awareness of Islamic violence in past centuries.


ah I see, yes could be it is the case.

A couple of months ago I happened to read a shocking conspiracy theory.
I don't remember the full details ,but it said that Islam was invented by the Catholic Church in order to control the middle east area... but it went out of control and the rest is history...
Similar to what the Americans do when they arm a movement / country in order to defeat another group and the former by time end up turning the weapons against the same Americans...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:40 am

Never heard of this one. I find it a bit unlikely. From a political point of view the prophet would have had his own reasons for inventing a religion (assuming the original disclaimer for sensitivity still applies).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9872 times
Been thanked: 8001 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:17 am

Ramsej still confusing actio and reactio
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12190
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 515 times
Been thanked: 3017 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:42 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:05 am

After deep though and based on my life experience till now, I have come to the conclusion that Tribalism is the root cause of all conflicts/suffering/discrimination and misery on this planet. The sooner we as a species can evolve out of this primitive Tribalistic mentality the sooner we can achieve World Peace and Genuine Equality.

Humanism is the way forward. Sadly, this is easier said than done though :(

P.S. Don’t know if this was a rant but I thought this would be the best thread for the above post. Sometimes I feel sorry for us humans and how our species are still guided by outdated tribal notions such as Religion, Class, Caste, Race, Groups, etc, etc, etc.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 433 times
Been thanked: 700 times

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:15 am

America USA wrote:After deep though and based on my life experience till now, I have come to the conclusion that Tribalism is the root cause of all conflicts/suffering/discrimination and misery on this planet. The sooner we as a species can evolve out of this primitive Tribalistic mentality the sooner we can achieve World Peace and Genuine Equality.

Humanism is the way forward. Sadly, this is easier said than done though :(

P.S. Don’t know if this was a rant but I thought this would be the best thread for the above post. Sometimes I feel sorry for us humans and how our species are still guided by outdated tribal notions such as Religion, Class, Caste, Race, Groups, etc, etc, etc.
When you say Religion I guess that you mean those earthly beings who run the institutions...


Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:03 am

I share his views and yes.

Religious belief is a deeply personal thing. Organised religion changes that. It encourages a hierarchy (of humans) which suggests that to live the good spiritual life you have to obey them. At its most sinister level you have rogue imams using that to inspire terrorism. But there is a less sinister side to it. Take Catholicism for example. It feels as if anything the Pope says automatically becomes canonical law. That is surely flawed. If there is a God he cannot be fully known by humans and therefore giving religious leaders a god-like status is misguided. Many times it only serves to encourage this tribalism.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9872 times
Been thanked: 8001 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 am

the Pope, especially the current one is very leftist so you might really agree with him. He is almost pro everything bar abortion and euthanasia (I hope)
although on the latter he did nothing to condemn the Belgian clergy who are aiding ppl seeking euthanasia.

Catholicism teaches Love and that God is love and merciful, unlike other religions who teach their flock that God is someone who we should fear (Roman Catholicism was like that until some 150 years ago as well) and someone who punish us.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:26 am

I like Pope Francis as I liked John Paul II but he's said some crazy stuff. For example, he's declared that pets can go to heaven (or so it was reported). I mean, how can a human being decide that?

I know it's a ridiculous example and not related to what was originally posted but I don't like how religious authorities can seemingly make up stuff and it gets accepted as the truth.

Btw, I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality test but I think it is extremely accurate. I just read that my personality type is more spiritual than most but less religious. I think it's true in my case.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9872 times
Been thanked: 8001 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I like Pope Francis as I liked John Paul II but he's said some crazy stuff. For example, he's declared that pets can go to heaven (or so it was reported). I mean, how can a human being decide that?

I know it's a ridiculous example and not related to what was originally posted but I don't like how religious authorities can seemingly make up stuff and it gets accepted as the truth.

Btw, I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality test but I think it is extremely accurate. I just read that my personality type is more spiritual than most but less religious. I think it's true in my case.
In a way they are right as God is spirit
Church of Sweden asks it's clergy not to refer to God as He or Lord...
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/934245504912904197

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I like Pope Francis as I liked John Paul II but he's said some crazy stuff. For example, he's declared that pets can go to heaven (or so it was reported). I mean, how can a human being decide that?

I know it's a ridiculous example and not related to what was originally posted but I don't like how religious authorities can seemingly make up stuff and it gets accepted as the truth.

Btw, I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality test but I think it is extremely accurate. I just read that my personality type is more spiritual than most but less religious. I think it's true in my case.
In a way they are right as God is spirit
Church of Sweden asks it's clergy not to refer to God as He or Lord...
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/934245504912904197

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

What are your thoughts about it?

I once read, not sure if it's true, that in the original versions neuter words and pronouns are used. I'm not sure if "Father" is also something that was introduced in translation.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33871
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9872 times
Been thanked: 8001 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Maybe "il-Verb" although that might refer to One of the Trinity, Jesus...
TBH it doesn't make a difference for me.
I would still refer to God as He, but strictly speaking a spirit has no sex , in fact we say that the angels of God have no sex either.



Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot] and 1 guest