You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The outgoing coward Afghan President left with loads of money... The amount was so big that he had to leave some on the runway!
Shame on him...
I am certain that he will be tracked and punished by the Taliban...

However may they have mercy on the rest of the population...
After all many Talibans today weren't even born or were still kids when the Yanks moved in...
If they really keep up to their promise and
the population is happy living under their rule who are we to say that they should not?
Happy under the Taliban??? Tell that to the women being thrown out of their jobs due to their sex. Or to the children being forced to marry men many years their elder. Or the female judges waiting in resignation for the Taliban to come for them and execute them.

Cut the cultural relativism. What's happening in Afghanistan is a tragedy for humankind.
Me and you say so and agree but rest assured that there are many who are happy or do not complain like it was in East Germany
And that makes East Germany okay?
Hey of you weren’t Jewish, maybe the Third Reich was nice?
Funny how you can switch between stances so freely, you seem to lack this thing normal people call SPINE!

If the Chinese bother you SO MUCH (and hey, you DO have a point), how come this even LESS democratic regime doesn’t bother you half as much?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27995
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1406 times
Been thanked: 6230 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:59 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]The outgoing coward Afghan President left with loads of money... The amount was so big that he had to leave some on the runway!
Shame on him...
I am certain that he will be tracked and punished by the Taliban...

However may they have mercy on the rest of the population...
After all many Talibans today weren't even born or were still kids when the Yanks moved in...
If they really keep up to their promise and
the population is happy living under their rule who are we to say that they should not?
Happy under the Taliban??? Tell that to the women being thrown out of their jobs due to their sex. Or to the children being forced to marry men many years their elder. Or the female judges waiting in resignation for the Taliban to come for them and execute them.

Cut the cultural relativism. What's happening in Afghanistan is a tragedy for humankind.
Me and you say so and agree but rest assured that there are many who are happy or do not complain like it was in East Germany
And that makes East Germany okay?
Hey of you weren’t Jewish, maybe the Third Reich was nice?
Funny how you can switch between stances so freely, you seem to lack this thing normal people call SPINE!

If the Chinese bother you SO MUCH (and hey, you DO have a point), how come this even LESS democratic regime doesn’t bother you half as much?[/quote]Of course it does... ... ...
I am also kind of agreeing with how Biden is reasoning ..
They did not try to fight back so why shall we fight for them after investing all that money and lives?
On the other hand I feel for them cause God know what might be in store for them.
Hopefully they keep to their promise and respect their own kind and won't start a jihad on the west.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53649
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34628 times
Been thanked: 7567 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Hardrade » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:11 pm

Afghanistan has been the centerpiece of US military effort for the last 20 years, and now they are playing the blame game between the parties and Afghanis they promised to protect. :D

It’s Vietnam all over again, just with less hippies and more media influence over the narative.

(Unless of course this is 9000 IQ move to lure all Taliban in the open and then encircle and bomb them all back into the stone age. :lol: )
Image
User avatar
Hardrade
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 916 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:25 am

the taliban big heads are returning back to Afg from their exile ....
and you know where they were taking refuge? in Qatar - the same with whom the wester world sleeps including our own fcb
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53649
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34628 times
Been thanked: 7567 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Fénix » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:26 am

We are always on the right side. We support everyone; terrorist countries, homosexuals, EU, the USA militarism, taliban, etc. A true meaning of the word diversity and tolerance. :mrgreen: :lol:
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12662
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 5683 times
Been thanked: 5316 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Fénix wrote:We are always on the right side. We support everyone; terrorist countries, homosexuals, EU, the USA militarism, taliban, etc. A true meaning of the word diversity and tolerance. :mrgreen:
,
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53649
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34628 times
Been thanked: 7567 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:57 pm

The plane carrying the returning Taliban officials should be brought down...

Then surprise the bastards in their home now that they came out of their caves
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53649
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34628 times
Been thanked: 7567 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:08 am

We really need a joint world army that goes on the attack whenever any government worldwide forcefully gains power. Countries looking out for one another.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50825
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9189 times
Been thanked: 15074 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:31 pm

MUTU wrote:We really need a joint world army that goes on the attack whenever any government worldwide forcefully gains power. Countries looking out for one another.


Have you seen the composition of the UN Human Rights Council or of the Security Council? The UN, which is the only entity that could sensibly implement such a s thing, has the fundamental flaw that every country has 1 vote (except in the UNSC, where some great powers have vetos). This is the wolf voting on who's for dinner..
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3954 times
Been thanked: 3660 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:08 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:We really need a joint world army that goes on the attack whenever any government worldwide forcefully gains power. Countries looking out for one another.


Have you seen the composition of the UN Human Rights Council or of the Security Council? The UN, which is the only entity that could sensibly implement such a s thing, has the fundamental flaw that every country has 1 vote (except in the UNSC, where some great powers have vetos). This is the wolf voting on who's for dinner..

I'm talking about specific clauses such as this one, where if they're met they would be forced to act without the possibility to vote on it.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50825
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9189 times
Been thanked: 15074 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:16 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:We really need a joint world army that goes on the attack whenever any government worldwide forcefully gains power. Countries looking out for one another.


Have you seen the composition of the UN Human Rights Council or of the Security Council? The UN, which is the only entity that could sensibly implement such a s thing, has the fundamental flaw that every country has 1 vote (except in the UNSC, where some great powers have vetos). This is the wolf voting on who's for dinner..

I'm talking about specific clauses such as this one, where if they're met they would be forced to act without the possibility to vote on it.
Sounds good on paper, but in international relations pragmatism rules and there is only room for concerted action insofar as the US, China and Russia agree on things. Europe is a secondary player in that regard, btw. "Neutral" mechanisms are fantasy, it's all about the stakeholders' interests.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3954 times
Been thanked: 3660 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:24 pm

I don't care about the status quo when I'm talking ideals though, that's the whole point. Otherwise, if this situation existed already I wouldn't be talking about what we hypothetically need :)

I feel sad for the Afghan people, and pissed off at the rest of the world for not doing anything. We really have learned nothing from Rwanda (although that was quite different).
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 50825
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9189 times
Been thanked: 15074 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:30 pm

I don think there really is much to do, tbh. The only "solutions" would be perpetual occupation or just plain allowing anyone who wants to leave the country to move elsewhere.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3954 times
Been thanked: 3660 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Look up here :

Defiant Afghans wave flags as Taliban foe's son vows resistance



Ahmad Massoud, the son of Afghanistan's most famed anti-Taliban fighter, on Thursday said he was "ready to follow in his father's footsteps", as he rallied his forces in the Panjshir Valley northeast of Kabul - the country's last holdout.

"The Taliban doesn't control the whole territory of Afghanistan," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told reporters of Massoud's resistance.



https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/ ... nce.894472


Edit
An Afghan sports federation announced a footballer for the national youth team had died after falling from a US plane he desperately clung to as it took off. 

The Taliban have been conducting "targeted door-to-door visits" of people who worked with US and NATO forces, according to a confidential document by the UN's threat assessment consultants seen by AFP.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53649
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34628 times
Been thanked: 7567 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:42 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53649
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34628 times
Been thanked: 7567 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot [Bot] and 2 guests