You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:17 pm

pyrasur wrote:Hey I dropped some pretty good facts in my first post here in months and you deleted it? In what way was it offensive?
Not sure which post but it was probably me as I deleted quite a few posts this morning. The reason probably wasn’t the post itself as such - I deleted a couple of discussions about topics we decided not to allow anymore and when I do that I delete the entire discussion, especially when there are quotes involved. Nothing personal, as we explained back then these discussions were often resulting in a toxic atmosphere on the forum and they were starting to happen again on the forum recently. While there was nothing wrong with this particular discussion, I’d rather we just don’t have them in the first place because it’s a slippery slope kind of thing.

Was it the Holocaust one? I did find that extremely interesting but I went ahead and deleted the original post (which was too political for our new rules, even though it’s a bit old) and the rest just followed particularly because of the quotes. In retrospect perhaps I should have kept the etymology discussion, removed the quotes and moved it to the language thread.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Just seemed that our history teacher was missing a few facts when he incorrectly corrected Ramsej. It was just a shame that a lesson about a tragic period was lost but ultimately I suppose it wasn’t that important considering the period in question occurred over a century ago.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:43 pm

pyrasur wrote:Just seemed that our history teacher was missing a few facts when he incorrectly corrected Ramsej. It was just a shame that a lesson about a tragic period was lost but ultimately I suppose it wasn’t that important considering the period in question occurred over a century ago.
Try again

I had long answered and I missed nothing, but nice try...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:57 pm

#12 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Just seemed that our history teacher was missing a few facts when he incorrectly corrected Ramsej. It was just a shame that a lesson about a tragic period was lost but ultimately I suppose it wasn’t that important considering the period in question occurred over a century ago.
Try again

Cause Christian lives doesn't matter...
That term is only used for the Chosen ones and the elite...
Remember that term was already being used in the NY times in 1915in reference to the same people
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Try again

Cause Christian lives doesn't matter...
That term is only used for the Chosen ones and the elite...
Remember that term was already being used in the NY times in 1915in reference to the same people
No, cause it is generally associated with one particular incident!

It’s like finding a new planet and calling it "Mars" cause it’s "unfair" only the big red one can be called "Mars"
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 pm

the history of the word dates back centuries, and comes directly from a greek word. so the meaning has changed over time... and is obviously now directly associated with one particular incident, as #12 said. ask 100 people what they think of when they hear the word, and i'm sure all would say what happened in Germany in the 1930s and 40s...

also, for what it's worth, jewish people have a different term for it...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:29 pm

nm462272 wrote:the history of the word dates back centuries, and comes directly from a greek word. so the meaning has changed over time... and is obviously now directly associated with one particular incident, as #12 said. ask 100 people what they think of when they hear the word, and i'm sure all would say what happened in Germany in the 1930s and 40s...

True that...
Yes but I have forgotten that word.... something with Sh? Shodah....
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:31 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:the history of the word dates back centuries, and comes directly from a greek word. so the meaning has changed over time... and is obviously now directly associated with one particular incident, as #12 said. ask 100 people what they think of when they hear the word, and i'm sure all would say what happened in Germany in the 1930s and 40s...

True that...

Shoah - apparently it translates to "calamity"
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:35 pm

nm462272 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

True that...

Shoah - apparently it translates to "calamity"
Was close ...

With a big coincidence today the Jews in Malta celebrated something ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:Remember that term was already being used in the NY times in 1915in reference to the same people

Haha it getting #12 to admit anything is a futile task. But in the spirit of Christmas it’s not worth worrying about :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:00 am

pyrasur wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Remember that term was already being used in the NY times in 1915in reference to the same people

Haha it getting #12 to admit anything is a futile task. But in the spirit of Christmas it’s not worth worrying about :)
I can very well admit stuff but I do not care for the condescending tone... Obviously, I am far away from knowing all about like 20.000 plus years of human history - and 2.000 plus in excruciating detail... Above all, I am an expert in what I teach which is focusing on European history and obviously, when you have Greeks, Romans and the Middle Ages, that’s not told in a nutshell as well...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:54 pm

The Quest for Raw Materials
Mining and oil remain the primary focus of China's investments. However, the country's investments extend throughout virtually every market sector, including everything from infrastructure to food processing. China's investments in the largely undeveloped infrastructure of African nations are particularly strong, encompassing key areas such as utilities, telecommunications, port construction, and transportation. [source]

this is frightening

China's investments have the country well-positioned to profit from continuing economic development in Africa. Many Chinese firms investing in Africa are state-owned. This gives them a notable competitive edge when, for example, bidding procurement contracts in African countries, since the companies can obtain substantial subsidies from the Chinese government.

The stakes in Africa are high due to the continent's rich abundance in raw materials. Africa is estimated to contain 90% of the entire world supply of platinum and cobalt, half of the world's gold supply, two-thirds of world manganese, and 35% of the world's uranium. It also accounts for nearly 75% of the world's coltan, an important mineral used in electronic devices, including cellphones.

China has also been expanding its military presence into Africa and rivaling the United States on investment and military activity there. Investment in the continent has also been a topic of discussion for the United States and China in its ongoing trade negotiations and political deliberations.

Fuel for a Growing Economy
China is a premier emerging market nation, and the well-being of its economy significantly impacts world markets. As the world's largest nation continues its economic expansion, Chinese leaders recognize the increasing need for natural resources, food, and product markets necessary for continued economic growth
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:53 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:49 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:26 am

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-kunts-boris-johnson-is-a-fucking-ct-is-in-the-running-to-be-uk-christmas-number-one-2844307

Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge