You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I wanted this
Bavarian Gin [source]
but they do not ship outside Ger.

Who can help me? I'd love to buy two...
If someone can help me and maybe can check the extra costs to be shipped to Malta I would appreciate it

https://www.shiplowcost.com/

Thank me later.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I wanted this
Bavarian Gin [source]
but they do not ship outside Ger.

Who can help me? I'd love to buy two...
If someone can help me and maybe can check the extra costs to be shipped to Malta I would appreciate it

https://www.shiplowcost.com/

Thank me later.
I think that volume of alcohol might qualify as an ADR, which they say they don’t ship. Best to contact them ramsej. At 42% alcohol volume it’s quite flammable.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:18 pm

so probably it is not even possible via this method...
I may do my face and ask a supplier if it is possible to import it himself ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:24 pm

I may be wrong though. I would ask the company if I were you, send them a link so they can check out the details. That would explain why they don’t ship to anywhere though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:24 am

just realized that last month I celebrated my tenth year as a member of this community, :P
thanks MUTU =D>
In the first year or so I was not very active as I used to post on BZ #-o :oops: but then I did not look back .... :)
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:05 am

October 12th 2010, 20:11h, man... This really got unnoticed last month by me, but when I saw 10 years of being registered here 10 days ago... incredible.
So many things happened and changed in 10 years.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 am

Happy anniversary guys. :cheers: It really blows my mind sometimes to think how many years we’ve known each other and spoken practically daily without ever meeting... and in the case of my real life friends MUTU and ramsej (and BayernBazi), people I would probably not have met if it weren’t for the forum!

@ramsej: do you remember how we met? :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 pm

STICKER ALBUM 2014 ? :lol:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Perhaps we bumped into eachother without knowing it? Spent a week with my wife in Malta in early August 2019. Loved the Island in every aspect, stayed in Valletta and turned the city inside out but also rented a car three days and toured the Island. Blue Grotto, Marsaxlokk, Mgarr, Medina, Mosta, Popeye's Village. Took also a day trip to the Comino Island. Lots of stuff to do, especially for a guy like me who has MEGA interest in the WW2. Extremely hot though, but, hey, what can you expect in early August. I remember in the afternoons we walked to the Wuestewinds Beach (accordning to Google Maps) for a swim. So, if you past that beach and saw a guy with BvB shorts and wonder who the f**k is that, it was me walking around thinking that this season (19/20) we will detronize Bayern. Ha, jokes on me. By the way, loved the beer, Cisk, which I have kept drinking after we returned to Sweden.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:Perhaps we bumped into eachother without knowing it? Spent a week with my wife in Malta in early August 2019. Loved the Island in every aspect, stayed in Valletta and turned the city inside out but also rented a car three days and toured the Island. Blue Grotto, Marsaxlokk, Mgarr, Medina, Mosta, Popeye's Village. Took also a day trip to the Comino Island. Lots of stuff to do, especially for a guy like me who has MEGA interest in the WW2. Extremely hot though, but, hey, what can you expect in early August. I remember in the afternoons we walked to the Wuestewinds Beach (accordning to Google Maps) for a swim. So, if you past that beach and saw a guy with BvB shorts and wonder who the f**k is that, it was me walking around thinking that this season (19/20) we will detronize Bayern. Ha, jokes on me. By the way, loved the beer, Cisk, which I have kept drinking after we returned to Sweden.
Wow
Yes cisk is exported to Sweden ... they have many variants of it I think only Cisk export though is exported.

Which beach? On which side is it?

We walk and breath history...
The only down is that build up areas are eating the few we have... in no time we will become a Singapore or a Dubai
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:Perhaps we bumped into eachother without knowing it? Spent a week with my wife in Malta in early August 2019. Loved the Island in every aspect, stayed in Valletta and turned the city inside out but also rented a car three days and toured the Island. Blue Grotto, Marsaxlokk, Mgarr, Medina, Mosta, Popeye's Village. Took also a day trip to the Comino Island. Lots of stuff to do, especially for a guy like me who has MEGA interest in the WW2. Extremely hot though, but, hey, what can you expect in early August. I remember in the afternoons we walked to the Wuestewinds Beach (accordning to Google Maps) for a swim. So, if you past that beach and saw a guy with BvB shorts and wonder who the f**k is that, it was me walking around thinking that this season (19/20) we will detronize Bayern. Ha, jokes on me. By the way, loved the beer, Cisk, which I have kept drinking after we returned to Sweden.
Wow
Yes cisk is exported to Sweden ... they have many variants of it I think only Cisk export though is exported.

The only down is that build up areas are eating the few we have... in no time we will become a Singapore or a Dubai

It was a rocky beach on the east side, between the Siege Bell and the Malta Experience.
Hopefully Valletta itself will be spared of becoming another Dubai. My Wife loved walking around the town and especially the Triton Fountain in the evenings.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:STICKER ALBUM 2014 ? :lol:

Not sure about the year but yeah, trading stickers next to Scott's supermarket. :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:21 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Wow

It was a rocky beach on the east side, between the Siege Bell and the Malta Experience.
Hopefully Valletta itself will be spared of becoming another Dubai. My Wife loved walking around the town and especially the Triton Fountain in the evenings.

Shame you didn't know us at the time. We would have loved to meet for a drink or two like we did with our other resident BVB fan.

The Triton Fountain area is indeed beautiful nowadays. It hasn't looked like that for long and the square used to be a bus terminus with the fountain (pre-restoration) acting as a roundabout.

Found the beach you mentioned... I had never heard the name and it seems strange for a place in Malta. Not a popular swimming spot, as far as I know, also because it is on the route for the ferry to Sicily and the cruise ships.

Did you choose Malta as just an ordinary travel destination or do you know people here? There are loads of Swedes here now... last time Sweden played Malta it was almost like a home game for Sweden. Swedish is becoming a significant language here and I'm trying to learn it; I know the basics and can understand quite a bit more than I know when reading if it's simple enough, although in recent weeks I haven't been practising due to lack of time.

I've only been to Sweden once, to Stockholm 4 years ago where I stayed for quite some time (11 days) and had the most wonderful weather in mid-to-late September. It's a place I remember very fondly and I would love to return.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Shame you didn't know us at the time. We would have loved to meet for a drink or two like we did with our other resident BVB fan.

The Triton Fountain area is indeed beautiful nowadays. It hasn't looked like that for long and the square used to be a bus terminus with the fountain (pre-restoration) acting as a roundabout.

Found the beach you mentioned... I had never heard the name and it seems strange for a place in Malta. Not a popular swimming spot, as far as I know, also because it is on the route for the ferry to Sicily and the cruise ships.

Did you choose Malta as just an ordinary travel destination or do you know people here? There are loads of Swedes here now... last time Sweden played Malta it was almost like a home game for Sweden. Swedish is becoming a significant language here and I'm trying to learn it; I know the basics and can understand quite a bit more than I know when reading if it's simple enough, although in recent weeks I haven't been practising due to lack of time.

I've only been to Sweden once, to Stockholm 4 years ago where I stayed for quite some time (11 days) and had the most wonderful weather in mid-to-late September. It's a place I remember very fondly and I would love to return.

My wife would love to go back sometime and I wouldn't mind either, still lot of stuff to see and do. Not sure if I want to see you Guys :lol:
Probably not the best Beach in Malta but it was in convenient walking distance from our Hotel, and I do remember the ferries coming back(?) from Sicily in the late afternoon.
We choosed Malta ´cause we never been there, so it was a white spot for both of us. And I must admit that the Island's ww2 history contributed also.
Wow, Swedish becoming significant language in Malta, didn't expect to hear that.
Sweden supporters has for the last 15-20 years followed the NT in great numbers, especially when it comes to Playoffs, but also qualification games.
I myself lives in a city called Karlstad, situated somewhere midway between Stockholm and Gothenburg, significantly smaller though but nice.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm

And in my youth I remember the Swedish students coming over to "study" English
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge