You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:41 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://variety.com/2020/music/news/erick-morillo-dj-dead-dies-i-like-to-move-it-1234755904/

What? I was listening to this song 2 hours ago and it bring back some beautiful moments with my friends which are now in USA..
Rest in peace Erick.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:16 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:https://variety.com/2020/music/news/erick-morillo-dj-dead-dies-i-like-to-move-it-1234755904/

What? I was listening to this song 2 hours ago and it bring back some beautiful moments with my friends which are now in USA..
Rest in peace Erick.
Strange how that happens sometimes. I have a friend notorious for “killing” famous people. For example saying something like “Damn, Nelson has lived for such a long time” only for him to die the next day.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:23 am

T4L10N wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Welcome T4L10N. Greatly enjoying your posts. :cheers:

Where are you from, if you'd like to tell us?

Hi there,

Very glad to hear that :cheers:

I do hope to integrate here more and become part of this great society. Would once more like to thank you mate and I am open to feedback and advises.

As for about me, I am from Georgia, but have been fan of Bayern since 1998 (as I mentioned) and Germany since 1990. I really don't remember WC 90 well, but remember that I was cheering for them on that championship. Overall, I cheer for Germany in all sports, but football is the most favorite apparently.

I would like to share more information, just please tell me what would be interesting for the members here.

Also, I behave here like I am very familiar, which may be quite unusual for some of the members. Its just I have been reading posts on this forum quite some time and please feel free to respond/ask on anything.
Hehe just like me then, probably I am a couple of years older as I started supporting Bayern around 94/95 and remember slightly or some few games from Italia 90 as I was six
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:32 am

ramsej84 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Welcome T4L10N. Greatly enjoying your posts. :cheers:

Where are you from, if you'd like to tell us?

Hi there,

Very glad to hear that :cheers:

I do hope to integrate here more and become part of this great society. Would once more like to thank you mate and I am open to feedback and advises.

As for about me, I am from Georgia, but have been fan of Bayern since 1998 (as I mentioned) and Germany since 1990. I really don't remember WC 90 well, but remember that I was cheering for them on that championship. Overall, I cheer for Germany in all sports, but football is the most favorite apparently.

I would like to share more information, just please tell me what would be interesting for the members here.

Also, I behave here like I am very familiar, which may be quite unusual for some of the members. Its just I have been reading posts on this forum quite some time and please feel free to respond/ask on anything.
Hehe just like me then, probably I am a couple of years older as I started supporting Bayern around 94/95 and remember slightly or some few games from Italia 90 as I was six

Only 1 year older then :cheers: , as I was 5 in 90 :D

Its just I was less interested in club football due to lack of tv broadcasting back then but was cheering for German clubs if I saw a game. I clearly remember games of BVB vs Manchester and Juventus in 97 with Ricken's screamer. and was cheering for them as a German team. and then came 98-99 season and became Bayern fan from then. remember game vs Obilic in qualification and group of death where, we lost 1st game vs Brondby :D and then beating of Barcelona both home and away. From that season on, Bayern became important part of my life even though I got plethora of hobbies.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:50 am

This is an interesting one. I am 10 years younger than you but even as such a young child, I vividly remember flashes of the ‘98 WC. Not matches as such, but I do remember related ads, the mascot and so on.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:03 am

From 90 I remembered perfectly England daylight robbery vs Cameroon...
Ger v England
Ita v Argentina both semis

Of the final I have only seen the last bit as I was at grandma ...
I remember finding my sister angry as she supports England and was angry at the penalty ...
I was already a Germany fan , became so by accident just before the World Cup.
I had recounted this before.
We used to play between us cousins and I chose to be Germany in my 1 vs 1 & since I won against a much older cousin I decided to keep supporting Germany... in a family with a majority of English fans. However besides me two three another cousins all older them me support the Germans.
At school I was in minority and I was always known as the German or Koepke cause I became a huge fan of his ... (1996)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is an interesting one. I am 10 years younger than you but even as such a young child, I vividly remember flashes of the ‘98 WC. Not matches as such, but I do remember related ads, the mascot and so on.

That's nice, that world cup was one of the best if not the best from what I have seen to be honest. I was so heartbroken when Germany lost vs such an exciting Croatia but overall I think WC 98 had seen the best playoff games and the most star players even Portugal wasn't there (They were with Germany in qualification group as I remember). then came arguably the worst period for German football (98-06) even though we (let me use the term "we" when I mention Germany/Bayern) reached the WC final in 02 (still remember Ballack YC incident in Semi's then to be denied the final). Of course Germany was much weaker vs Brazil but we had some chances in that game and with Ballack anything could happen. Only happiness in football was 01 in that period when Bayern won both home/away games vs the main competitors back then, I mean RM and MU then to lift CL.

Overall, I have seen many things in football but 2 of the best games (1 club, 1 National level) for me were played recently (Germany vs Brazil in 14 and FCB vs FCB this year) which I think are 1-time events and very happy to had chance and watch both live :D
Last edited by T4L10N on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:From 90 I remembered perfectly England daylight robbery vs Cameroon...
Ger v England

I remember finding my sister angry as she supports England and was angry at the penalty ...
We used to play between us cousins and I chose to be Germany in my 1 vs 1 & since I won against a much older cousin I decided to keep supporting Germany... in a family with a majority of English fans. However besides me two three another cousins all older them me support the Germans.
At school I was in minority and I was always known as the German or Koepke cause I became a huge fan of his ... (1996)

You got much better memory then me, mate 8) . I really don't remember how I became German fan, all I remember is that Matthaus was my favorite player for a very long time and always wanted the German 90 jersey :D

I was also in minority as a German fan in my family and unlike me you got more family members supporting Germany :D

I remember how Koepke was the best GK in the world and how everyone blamed him for that match with Croatia :(

As for robbery in football games, its very sad that such kind of things happened. One of the main reason, I am VAR proponent is exactly that. I seldom call games robbery despite apparent mistakes from referees, but 2 are classified like that for me from what I remember. Barca Chelsea 09 and we vs RM in 17. I understand that referees are people and mistakes happen everywhere, but the reason why I think those 2 were apparent is that referees consistently made mistakes (at least much more if not all) for 1 side in those games. I can elaborate on this more and give my opinion if asked.
Last edited by T4L10N on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:18 am

ramsej84 wrote:From 90 I remembered perfectly England daylight robbery vs Cameroon...
Ger v England

Haha this is quite similar to me actually.
I also watched the first WC final I remember (2002) at my grandma’s.
And I similarly became a Germany fan just before the WC, after visiting Bavaria in December 2001.

My origin story as a fan is similar to yours. I used to play with Bayer Leverkusen and always lost. One day I played with Bayern (probably by accident, but not sure) and won my first game and kept using them haha.

What I’m not sure of is whether I became a Germany fan first or a Bayern fan. I think it is probably Germany and that’s why I used to play with Bayer.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:35 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ger v England

Haha this is quite similar to me actually.
I also watched the first WC final I remember (2002) at my grandma’s.
And I similarly became a Germany fan just before the WC, after visiting Bavaria in December 2001.

My origin story as a fan is similar to yours. I used to play with Bayer Leverkusen and always lost. One day I played with Bayern (probably by accident, but not sure) and won my first game and kept using them haha.

What I’m not sure of is whether I became a Germany fan first or a Bayern fan. I think it is probably Germany and that’s why I used to play with Bayer.

Wow, You actually began supporting Germany in the middle of the crisis =D> , unlike me :D

Its actually quite funny, its like I got this in my blood. I really can't force myself to cheer for another team even if I tried that even though I think I got strong willpower :D :D

It seems you can't just delete it when you strongly support something for 30+ years (in my case).

I have seen many ups and downs even cried :D when I was young (remember 99), and got happy with 2 WC, 1 EC, 3 CL (excl. BVB) of which 2 Treble.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:59 am

In my case as I mentioned in the German team thread the other day I no longer really consider myself a fan of the German team. I don’t feel much of an affinity with them. Possibly the current crisis affected that (they’re just so boring to watch) but I started losing interest when they were still fairly good, around 2016.

I know exactly what you mean though because I feel like that with Bayern.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Once more I wanna tell you my opinion,

As already said, have seen many things in football. but what we did this year was just pure beauty. I understand that season was unusual and some teams were not well prepared in August, but just to look how we played all year long. It was all out attack with the most attractive football I've seen. We played like it was regarding 60's Brazil no matter how much they scored against us. Smile on Alaba's face said it all vs Barca, after own goal. You may tell me that 2013 team was stronger, which I think I would agree with. Personally think only 2 players (Lewa and 1 of the CB) from this team could make it in that '13 team. But just 2 facts, this was the most dominant CL performance ever from any team and unbelievably attractive football despite football becoming more pragmatic as the time passes.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In my case as I mentioned in the German team thread the other day I no longer really consider myself a fan of the German team. I don’t feel much of an affinity with them. Possibly the current crisis affected that (they’re just so boring to watch) but I started losing interest when they were still fairly good, around 2016.

I know exactly what you mean though because I feel like that with Bayern.

I completely understand that, I also feel sometimes like that but as soon as EC or WC starts, and hear the German anthem, then it begins :D :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Do you guys visit Bayern home games frequently?
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge