You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby America USA » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Since this is a very diverse website, I wanted to ask if anyone here likes getting high? :mrgreen:
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3822
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 1195 times

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:41 pm

America USA wrote:Since this is a very diverse website, I wanted to ask if anyone here likes getting high? :mrgreen:
No. Never did and hopefully I will never resort to it.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53543
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34583 times
Been thanked: 7554 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby America USA » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
America USA wrote:Since this is a very diverse website, I wanted to ask if anyone here likes getting high? :mrgreen:
No. Never did and hopefully I will never resort to it.

That’s your personal decision and I respect it


.... but you’re missing out :wink:
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3822
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 660 times
Been thanked: 1195 times

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:51 pm

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
America USA wrote:Since this is a very diverse website, I wanted to ask if anyone here likes getting high? :mrgreen:
No. Never did and hopefully I will never resort to it.

That’s your personal decision and I respect it


.... but you’re missing out :wink:
Probably
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53543
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34583 times
Been thanked: 7554 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:01 pm

I've never smoked anything, not even a single cigarette.


We're painting a pretty false picture of the Maltese being goody two shoes here. :lol:
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 42319
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14747 times
Been thanked: 11737 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:32 pm

My friend introduced me to cigars exactly two years ago ...

Since then I might have done some ten or so not more for sure.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53543
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34583 times
Been thanked: 7554 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:23 am

a very touching and inspiring story...

'They wanted to drown me at birth - now I'm a poet' [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53543
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34583 times
Been thanked: 7554 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:23 am

Unfortunately COVID has finally hit my industry and work, and it's hit hard.

As some of you know I am a freelancer so this can be very difficult as I don't have a salaried buffer period between the hit and being laid off. After months of having a lot of work daily, sometimes more than was good for me, over the past 3 weeks I've had around 75% of working days with absolutely no new projects coming in or only very, very short ones. My main client is struggling a lot - they don't even have enough work for their employees, who are friends of mine - and to be honest without them recovering it will be very hard for me to get back on track.

I've bid on dozens of projects and the like since the beginning of this week - though I don't usually like the bidding process as it tends to be a race to the bottom in terms of rates. I've had a couple of response but no actual work yet. My main concern is with this kind of thing it tends to be a bit of a one-off; it is usually only Maltese and UK clients who have a steady stream of regular work for my skill set.

Luckily I had some very good months earlier in the year so I can financially afford to ride out two very slow months with the year remaining on track to meet my targets - though obviously I would have preferred those good months to be extra income rather than making up for bad ones. Three weeks is a bit too long for a slow period though. I was hoping it was the usual August slowing down but we are now in September and there hasn't been any improvement (gotten worse, actually). I'm not very hopeful that things will have recovered within two months at this point.

It's made worse by the fact that I was doing well, was happy in my job and ready to move country as soon as quarantine measures were lifted. It's turned into a nightmare pretty much overnight (July was my best month to date). I'm now faced with the uncertainty of whether or not I can move, whether or not I have an income, and what job to do if I need to move on from this. Truthfully there's hardly any job I like in Malta, but moving without a stable income makes it much harder (that covers my expenses... because I will still have some form of income of course, it won't disappear completely, just won't be enough anymore).

Anyway, that is mostly why I haven't been much on the forum this week and will probably not be spending much time online in the coming days. Most of my time is either desperately trying to find work, working on the little I do have (which is taking much, much longer than usual due to motivation), or distracting myself so as not to worry (PS4, mainly).
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 42319
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14747 times
Been thanked: 11737 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Unfortunately COVID has finally hit my industry and work, and it's hit hard.

As some of you know I am a freelancer so this can be very difficult as I don't have a salaried buffer period between the hit and being laid off. After months of having a lot of work daily, sometimes more than was good for me, over the past 3 weeks I've had around 75% of working days with absolutely no new projects coming in or only very, very short ones. My main client is struggling a lot - they don't even have enough work for their employees, who are friends of mine - and to be honest without them recovering it will be very hard for me to get back on track.

I've bid on dozens of projects and the like since the beginning of this week - though I don't usually like the bidding process as it tends to be a race to the bottom in terms of rates. I've had a couple of response but no actual work yet. My main concern is with this kind of thing it tends to be a bit of a one-off; it is usually only Maltese and UK clients who have a steady stream of regular work for my skill set.

Luckily I had some very good months earlier in the year so I can financially afford to ride out two very slow months with the year remaining on track to meet my targets - though obviously I would have preferred those good months to be extra income rather than making up for bad ones. Three weeks is a bit too long for a slow period though. I was hoping it was the usual August slowing down but we are now in September and there hasn't been any improvement (gotten worse, actually). I'm not very hopeful that things will have recovered within two months at this point.

It's made worse by the fact that I was doing well, was happy in my job and ready to move country as soon as quarantine measures were lifted. It's turned into a nightmare pretty much overnight (July was my best month to date). I'm now faced with the uncertainty of whether or not I can move, whether or not I have an income, and what job to do if I need to move on from this. Truthfully there's hardly any job I like in Malta, but moving without a stable income makes it much harder (that covers my expenses... because I will still have some form of income of course, it won't disappear completely, just won't be enough anymore).

Anyway, that is mostly why I haven't been much on the forum this week and will probably not be spending much time online in the coming days. Most of my time is either desperately trying to find work, working on the little I do have (which is taking much, much longer than usual due to motivation), or distracting myself so as not to worry (PS4, mainly).


stay strong my friend - things will get better. if you ever need to chat, send me a PM. Also you can add me on PS4 - SpielmeisterP2.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4826
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 4941 times
Been thanked: 2147 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:04 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Unfortunately COVID has finally hit my industry and work, and it's hit hard.

As some of you know I am a freelancer so this can be very difficult as I don't have a salaried buffer period between the hit and being laid off. After months of having a lot of work daily, sometimes more than was good for me, over the past 3 weeks I've had around 75% of working days with absolutely no new projects coming in or only very, very short ones. My main client is struggling a lot - they don't even have enough work for their employees, who are friends of mine - and to be honest without them recovering it will be very hard for me to get back on track.

I've bid on dozens of projects and the like since the beginning of this week - though I don't usually like the bidding process as it tends to be a race to the bottom in terms of rates. I've had a couple of response but no actual work yet. My main concern is with this kind of thing it tends to be a bit of a one-off; it is usually only Maltese and UK clients who have a steady stream of regular work for my skill set.

Luckily I had some very good months earlier in the year so I can financially afford to ride out two very slow months with the year remaining on track to meet my targets - though obviously I would have preferred those good months to be extra income rather than making up for bad ones. Three weeks is a bit too long for a slow period though. I was hoping it was the usual August slowing down but we are now in September and there hasn't been any improvement (gotten worse, actually). I'm not very hopeful that things will have recovered within two months at this point.

It's made worse by the fact that I was doing well, was happy in my job and ready to move country as soon as quarantine measures were lifted. It's turned into a nightmare pretty much overnight (July was my best month to date). I'm now faced with the uncertainty of whether or not I can move, whether or not I have an income, and what job to do if I need to move on from this. Truthfully there's hardly any job I like in Malta, but moving without a stable income makes it much harder (that covers my expenses... because I will still have some form of income of course, it won't disappear completely, just won't be enough anymore).

Anyway, that is mostly why I haven't been much on the forum this week and will probably not be spending much time online in the coming days. Most of my time is either desperately trying to find work, working on the little I do have (which is taking much, much longer than usual due to motivation), or distracting myself so as not to worry (PS4, mainly).
Very sorry to hear. But have faith the tide might soon turn.
Do not give up.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53543
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 34583 times
Been thanked: 7554 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:13 am

I know perfectly how you feel, buddy. I went through this 5 years ago and even worse on other life fronts.
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12631
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 5663 times
Been thanked: 5306 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:18 am

There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm. Don't worry mate, everything is going to get better at one point.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11296
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 5801 times
Been thanked: 6122 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 am

Thanks guys! I am seeing quite a few colleagues worldwide commenting today on our group that they suddenly have an avalanche of work after slow periods. Hopefully it is a sign things will slowly look up for me too.

Another bad day so far but I did get a tiny project from a new client who says they should have more files coming, so that's a start at least.

nm462272 wrote:stay strong my friend - things will get better. if you ever need to chat, send me a PM. Also you can add me on PS4 - SpielmeisterP2.

Thanks... I think I do have you on PS4 actually. The username is familiar.

ramsej84 wrote:Very sorry to hear. But have faith the tide might soon turn.
Do not give up.

We can only hope, as it's a job I like very much. That is part of the problem - there are, of course, other jobs I can find and do, but I don't think I would like them as much.

You are in a detached position though and can probably see things clearer than I can right now. :) As I said, at least I have two full months to wait out and see whether things will improve or not thanks to better than expected months earlier in the year.

Fénix wrote:I know perfectly how you feel, buddy. I went through this 5 years ago and even worse on other life fronts.

Sorry to hear you've experienced things like this.

IsiahRashad wrote:There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm. Don't worry mate, everything is going to get better at one point.

You're right! (I hope). The pandemic was bound to hit at some point, but hopefully it will be back to normal or close enough soon.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 42319
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14747 times
Been thanked: 11737 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:stay strong my friend - things will get better. if you ever need to chat, send me a PM. Also you can add me on PS4 - SpielmeisterP2.

Thanks... I think I do have you on PS4 actually. The username is familiar.


could be that you have my old US-PSN name added - i made a new account when I moved to Germany last year 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4826
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 4941 times
Been thanked: 2147 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:37 pm

nm462272 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:stay strong my friend - things will get better. if you ever need to chat, send me a PM. Also you can add me on PS4 - SpielmeisterP2.

Thanks... I think I do have you on PS4 actually. The username is familiar.


could be that you have my old US-PSN name added - i made a new account when I moved to Germany last year 8)

That's probably it then. I'll look it up next time I'm on, probably tomorrow.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 42319
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 14747 times
Been thanked: 11737 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest