You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:08 pm

#12 wrote:Wimp

me and my friends still joke about that night (it was some 12 years ago) when someone asks us if we are cold..we just say if we could survive that night in Munich we can survive everything lol. that was the night that we became men! :lol:
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:12 pm

All Mediterranean, Latin American, African and Asian people tell they are cold when they come to my city or other parts of continental Croatia and feel temperatures between 5 and 12°C and that's completely normal.

I mean, it's really fresh for us natives and can sometimes feel like cold when season change comes, but temperatures between +4 and -22°C are extreme for James and all people who come from these warm and hot places.

In fact, it's cold for me everything around or below 0°C, but I can adapt and get used to -18°C, however, it doesn't change the fact it's damn cold and freezing and we all want to be in +10 or +20°C.
Temperature rise is the best feeling when you adapt to extreme. Just 4-5 degrees raise makes you feel way warmer. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:33 pm

nm462272 wrote:
#12 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:exaggerating for sure :lol: i think the last time i saw -28 was 15-20 years ago, in New York... it's been a while!
Had -25 I think when I was like 22...

i remember once when i was in high school, we had school cancelled for a day because with wind chill the temperature was -45 C. I'd like to see James try to play in those temps 8)

I work up in the Arctic circle and we routinely see -30 to -40°c, it’s pretty miserable. Coldest I’ve seen with windchill included was -70°c
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:33 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:

me and my friends still joke about that night (it was some 12 years ago) when someone asks us if we are cold..we just say if we could survive that night in Munich we can survive everything lol. that was the night that we became men!

So in that temperature do you need to put your Weissbier in the microwave for a bit?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:37 pm

MUTU wrote:So in that temperature do you need to put your Weissbier in the microwave for a bit?

at that temperature you dont even think about Weissbier lol
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Jeez -28!
The coldest place I have been to was Leeds... it was in late Nov
I visited Munich also in a late Nov and although the temp was less I did not feel as cold as in Leeds, also probably cause Leeds was my first ever trip... so it was like a shock
OK Nov is still Autumn but still much colder than in Malta. Over here Autumn is like a mini Summer
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Jeez -28!
I visited Munich also in a late Nov and although the temp was less I did not feel as cold as in Leeds, also probably cause Leeds was my first ever trip... so it was like a shock
OK Nov is still Autumn but still much colder than in Malta. Over here Autumn is like a mini Summer

how cold does it get in Winter in Malta?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:53 pm

nm462272 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Jeez -28!

how cold does it get in Winter in Malta?
At night average of 8 or 10
Lately We have seen it going down to 4 or 5 but very rarely.

Today Image
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:11 pm

lol feels like 39... i experienced similar temperatures once in a long whilemaybe 1-2 times a year, in Atlanta, along with high humidity too. i remember one time riding my bike to a brewery a few KM away in such weather. I got there and looked like I had just stepped into a pool with all of my clothes on.

but your winter temperatues sound nice. sounds like a good place for a winter vacation 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:17 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:

me and my friends still joke about that night (it was some 12 years ago) when someone asks us if we are cold..we just say if we could survive that night in Munich we can survive everything lol. that was the night that we became men! :lol:
I remember being in the stands for a game in early February once with some -18... Anything for Bayern!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:

me and my friends still joke about that night (it was some 12 years ago) when someone asks us if we are cold..we just say if we could survive that night in Munich we can survive everything lol. that was the night that we became men!

So in that temperature do you need to put your Weissbier in the microwave for a bit?
And when you say "your Weißbier", you mean...?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:22 pm

I have moved discussion here to the proper place so we can enjoy. We are into something big in the middle of summer! :D :cheers: :coffee:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm

nm462272 wrote:lol feels like 39... i experienced similar temperatures once in a long whilemaybe 1-2 times a year, in Atlanta, along with high humidity too. i remember one time riding my bike to a brewery a few KM away in such weather. I got there and looked like I had just stepped into a pool with all of my clothes on.

but your winter temperatues sound nice. sounds like a good place for a winter vacation 8)
Indeed...
Just remembered ; last year I had my last swim in Nov ...
Spring is nice as although a bit warm compared to your location. You can even take a swim...
Also winter / spring will be less crowded
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Fénix wrote:All Mediterranean, Latin American, African and Asian people tell they are cold when they come to my city or other parts of continental Croatia and feel temperatures between 5 and 12°C and that's completely normal.

I mean, it's really fresh for us natives and can sometimes feel like cold when season change comes, but temperatures between +4 and -22°C are extreme for James and all people who come from these warm and hot places.

In fact, it's cold for me everything around or below 0°C, but I can adapt and get used to -18°C, however, it doesn't change the fact it's damn cold and freezing and we all want to be in +10 or +20°C.
Temperature rise is the best feeling when you adapt to extreme. Just 4-5 degrees raise makes you feel way warmer. :D
I honestly have felt colder at about 5 degrees in Malta than -6 or -7 in places like Hungary.

I’ve only been to Germany in winter once and I was quite young, so I have no idea what the temperature used to be, but I remember feeling VERY cold.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I honestly have felt colder at about 5 degrees in Malta than -6 or -7 in places like Hungary.

Interesting... :D I guess it happens sometimes. Just as I said sometimes spring 18°C is fresh or cold and sometimes like during summer is hot even though it can't be, but you feel that way.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge